Page 34 of 95 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    To that i would say do you open the doors to your house and let everybody come in? because America doesn't, I don't.
    I don't pretend all my friends who come to visit are my sworn enemies and that the people who have been my enemies up till six minutes ago are now totally chill and better than my friends. Known you forever? **** you you monster. Tried to kill my whole family? Come on in old buddy!
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 04-17-2021 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    That is a huge problem for writers, FF went out there creating entire universes, not world but Universe. They really became gods and anow they are back at Baxter street? why? it really doesnt feel right

I think That Hickman with his name has fans being excited over nothing and having giant patience with his story that moves little to nothing the Krakoa story.

I know that many jumped out are ready to jump out because he is not delivering things promised on HoxPox
    Marvel didn't have the rights to the FF at the time. That is why.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I don't pretend all my friends who come to visit are my sworn enemies and that the people who have been my enemies up till six minutes ago are now totally chill and better than my friends
    Mutants don't even get that chance. IN universe they are gassed and no one says anything. People barge into their home at the instiute and their personal homes and attack, kidnap, and murder them and no one does a thing. Instead they think the best option is to register them. So yeah we live in a world where we have that benefit, mutants don't.

I don't think any of my "friends" would be fighting to get me registered against my will. Sounds more like acquaintances at best.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Humans can't enter krakoa, but mutants can enter most countries of the world via gates. Well, hipocrisy

So the X-Men have never liked the Avengers then, even the ones who have actually been Avengers? It'd suck to only have the human heroes and mutant heroes get along would be in non-X books and just big events
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 04-17-2021 at 07:53 AM.

The truly radical approach wouldn't be to put the mutants on an island to develop this cultist, isolationist society — it would be to allow mutants to finally, truly start integrating into human societies.

But Marvel is too cowardly to do that so...
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Humans can't enter krakoa, but mutants can enter most countries of the world via gates. Well, hipocrisy
    When in rome. And i thought there were specific gates in allied countries which is why on multiple occassions they had to plant an exit because they couldn't make it to the heavily guarded gates.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    The truly radical approach wouldn't be to put the mutants on an island to develop this cultist, isolationist society — it would be to allow mutants to finally, truly start integrating into human societies.

There isn't enough drama on that, at least for Marvel. It's the reason we see more distopias than utopias

When in rome. And i thought there were specific gates in allied countries which is why on multiple occassions they had to plant an exit because they couldn't make it to the heavily guarded gates.
    never saw that on allied countries, they have free transit

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I'm confused as to why it seems impossible for the X-Men and mutant kind to both have Krakoa and still attempt to maintain Xavier's dream. Some of the points being made make it seem like the X-Men and mutant kind have no reason to be heroes to humans anymore.

I also think it's very much possible for a writer to give the X-Men their traditional views without leading to an extinction story. If one doesn't like the current era, I don't think that means they like extinction stories either.

To each their own. Enjoying the books and the stories one wants is the main reason to read them anyways.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 04-17-2021 at 07:57 AM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

There isn't enough drama on that, at least for Marvel. It's the reason we see more distopias than utopias

never saw that on allied countries, they have free transit
    I see what you mean but I think there could be plenty of dreams to mine from that setup and there would still be placed around the world where the classic setup would persist. Plus you get standard X-Men stuff.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post

So somehow this prevents that. They aren't living on the same world together? They didn't just all work together to fight knull. Or are we talking about the mutants we never see because they have no story or book. I'm confused, are we suppose to read Thor, Cap, etc to see them or inhumans because even when they were facing their worst due to those stories i didn't see them in those books. Humans being forced to work with mutants is a good start to coexistence imo.

Some people don't want to integrate and shouldn't have to to exist.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I'm confused as to why it seems impossible for the X-Men and mutant kind to both have Krakoa and still attempt to maintain Xavier's dream. Some of the points being made make it seem like the X-Men and mutant kind have no reason to be heroes to humans anymore.
    Yeah, I'm confused about that too. God forbid the X-Men act like heroes.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

So somehow this prevents that. They aren't living on the same world together? They didn't just all work together to fight knull. Or are we talking about the mutants we never see because they have no story or book. I'm confused, are we suppose to read Thor, Cap, etc to see them or inhumans because even when they were facing their worst due to those stories i didn't see them in those books. Humans being forced to work with mutants is a good start to coexistence imo.
    They're literally moving to Mars. They get along during events because those writers remember the morals the X-Men had before 2019

Extraordinary Member

I think part of it is just supporting what seems to the 'party line' for lack of a better word. We see it all the time. Like the Avengers? They were right. X-Men? Yep. Unless you like Wolverine, then Cyclops is a terrorist, unless you like Cyclops, in which case Wolverine is a sell out. Don't get started on the Inhumans, the mutants will need to be making reparations to them for generations. Now we have Krakoa, so that must be where our ideals follow.

I also think it's very much possible for a writer to give the X-Men their traditional views without leading to an extinction story. If one doesn't like the current era, I don't think that means they like extinction stories either.
    Because yay nationalism, might makes right, and the X-Men were wrong all along about unity and cooperation because the plot says so!