Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default DCEU Superman vs Reeves/Routh Superman

Thanks to Justice League, DCEU Supes has been bumped up a bit. How does he do against the previous DCCU Superman?

Based off of the feats described here: http://community.comicbookresources....atic-universe-
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

DCEU should have a speed and durability edge on anything Routherman did. But has utter garbage strength in comparison. He may be able to win if he uses his advantages and plays keep away. Cause Routherman would absurdly overpower him.

But that's only if you look strictly at Superman Returns for feats. Add in Reeves stuff (they were the same huh?) and I don't know. Can't remember that stuff :P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    DCEU should have a speed and durability edge on anything Routherman did. But has utter garbage strength in comparison. He may be able to win if he uses his advantages and plays keep away. Cause Routherman would absurdly overpower him.

But that's only if you look strictly at Superman Returns for feats. Add in Reeves stuff (they were the same huh?) and I don't know. Can't remember that stuff :P
    They are indeed the same, which is why I listed them as one for this.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Christopher Reeve Superman could reality-warp in a manner inconceivable for the DCEU. DCEU Superman CANNOT reverse time by flying around the Earth at high speeds!

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Christopher Reeve Superman could reality-warp in a manner inconceivable for the DCEU. DCEU Superman CANNOT reverse time by flying around the Earth at high speeds!

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Doesn't really help in a fight.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

What does he have for durability? Probably he wins
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Didn’t Reeves Superman push the Moon?

Routh-Superman lifting and flying a Kryptonite island is an impressive strength/kryptonite-resistance feat; and that was after he got shived with the Kryptonite dagger.

I'll just call the older one PC sups for the sake of the thread and presentation.

PC Sups is stronger (he pushes the moon as his top strength feat)
    PC Sups is fast enough to catch bullets easily and disappear from sight (he rushes away back and forth pretending to be Clark and Superman at the same time)
    PC Sups durability is, uh, well, iffy. He's hurt by a lot of weird stuff in Superman 2 that doesn't look like it should hurt him at all, and seemingly has to dodge non nuclear missiles in Superman 3, so I dunno
    PC Sups has a bunch of really dumb powers that appear once like healing a wall with his vision and kissing people to give them amnesia when having a relationship with them gets too hard for him

So, he's way stronger than Cavill Superman, but doesn't show the same kind of durability as him, while being nebulous in speed but maybe around or a little above Wonder Woman-ish speed, who is a statue to Cavill.

Astonishing Member

Don't forget the shield throw power - where ever that came from.

In Superman 2 Clark got deported then reported, I think that's why he had trouble fighting in that film. But yeah classic Supes is weird in power levels. He is way stronger and his travel speed is insane (time travel speed) but new Supes has better durability and combat speed.

Though I like Reeves Supes better, I do not think that counts to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Don't forget the shield throw power - where ever that came from.
    He also had a hand beam thing.

Like DCEU Supes could ever dream of countering this

Reeve Superman(who is the same as Routh) survived nukes on at least two occasions, so I wanted be too sure about Caville Superman being more durable.

Does Reeve Superman have Super-Intelligence? He certainly seems to be good at easily tricking people, although it has to be said that for a famous military leader, Zod does seem peculiarly dumb. He also has Super-Education, since Zor-El's crystalline ghost spent 12 years educating him on all manner of scientific and other knowledge in the Fortress of Solitude, which would presumably put him above any Earth scientist in terms of knowledge. To the extent that his intellectual accomplishments might give him an example over Cavill Superman, well, he has that advantage too.

Not that this is really relevant, but Reeve Superman can also turn coal into diamonds - granted, you can create industrial diamonds artificially but turning a lump of coal into what looks like a big high carat diamond... well that's magical