Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

I've left the forum on a couple of occasions because all conversation was just buried under OMD talk.

Yeah, ...I don't want to see every thread about OMD either...but there are lots of topics/choices here, and for Marvel and DC across the internet in general. On the other hand, it's also not surprising it comes up kinda often in that it is an ongoing direction/mandate. If it ever gets reversed we will be talking about the next controversial direction/mandate lol I'm enjoying the Epic Collection threads and forums. Reading and collecting those.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    my favourite ones are the threads where the OP specifically requests no OMD discussion and nekkminute someone brings it up
    Haha, yeah, that happened to me on one of the threads I created...

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    my favourite ones are the threads where the OP specifically requests no OMD discussion and nekkminute someone brings it up
    That can be a major problem, and it's the type of situation where someone pissed off about all the OMD talk can't be accused of seeking it out.

"What's the biggest mistake Spider-Man did? And let's not go with One More Day."
    "That time he sold his soul to the Devil!"
    "He didn't sell his soul to the Devil. Mephisto is a stand-in for the devil but remains a cosmic space demon without the religious baggage. He also clearly said he didn't want Peter's soul."
    "Guys, I don't want the One More Day talk."
    "Spider-Man gave the Devil a victory against God. He's going to hell and all for Joe Quesada!"
    "You're forgetting Peter's reasons for what he did."
    "Enough with the One More Day talk."
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    That can be a major problem, and it's the type of situation where someone pissed off about all the OMD talk can't be accused of seeking it out.

"What's the biggest mistake Spider-Man did? And let's not go with One More Day."
    "He didn't sell his soul to the Devil. Mephisto is a stand-in for the devil but remains a cosmic space demon without the religious baggage. He also clearly said he didn't want Peter's soul."
    "Spider-Man gave the Devil a victory against God. He's going to hell and all for Joe Quesada!"
    okay, campers, rise and shine and don't forget your booties 'cause it's cold out there today! that's right, woodchuck-chuckers - it's...
    GROUNDHOG DAY!

you guys do a decent job of dealing with the thread hijacks though
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

So... you're for the OMD megathread, right? Please say yes.

Yo I'm feeling y'all and my heart is singing
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

BANNED

With a Mephisto event tying into a Spider-book next year, you're going to be pretty busy.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I'd be surprised if OMD got more than a passing reference in that Damnation story arc, and that's assuming they did reference OMD.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I'd be surprised if OMD got more than a passing reference in that Damnation story arc, and that's assuming they did reference OMD.
    But it'll get plenty of discussion on message boards.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    But it'll get plenty of discussion on message boards.
    Agreed. But then it usually gets discussed on message boards anyway. At length LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Agreed. But then it usually gets discussed on message boards anyway. At length LOL.
    That goes without saying.

https://twitter.com/MarkWaid/status/938605789605801985

What the hell, I'll throw this grenade into the room again: there's nothing wrong or dumb about fan fiction. Unless you created the character or the franchise, it's ALL fan fiction. My Captain America comics are fan fiction. Discuss.
    Seems Mark Waid agrees with my sentiment that mainstream superhero comics are basically fanfiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    https://twitter.com/MarkWaid/status/938605789605801985

Seems Mark Waid agrees with my sentiment that mainstream superhero comics are basically fanfiction.

haha, while it’s clear from what i’ve said previously, that i don’t agree with waid’s take...i’ve also said that i take any pro writer’s opinion on such things seriously. one to think about

it gets messier when you consider tv. my go to example of buffy: joss whedon was the creator but the entire first series was established using a stable of writers. would they then all be fanfics apart from whedon’s eps? what about when he directed one written by someone else? or wrote one that was directed by another person?
    Last edited by boots; 12-06-2017 at 11:31 PM.
    troo fan or death

I think that if something has a single person who can be pointed to as the main creator who has/had near-total control over the property (like JRR Tolkien on Middle-earth or CS Lewis on Narnia), I think the idea that anyone else adding onto it would be fan fiction, since those works were created by one person who

However, I think that since shared universes inherently involve multiple creators, no one person can claim to be the sole arbiter of something, meaning that a successor's work is not fan fiction. (I hold similar ideas for productions involving multiple people, like movies and TV).

So, long story short, I disagree with Wade, since he was working on a series that never had a single sole creator.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)