Page 258 of 580 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268308358 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 8689
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    And Samantha Briggs from The Faceless Ones. She was played by Pauline Collins, who was Queen Victoria in Tooth and Claw.
    I forgot Samantha! They approached her to stay on, but Pauline didn't want to do it. Sad really, because she had great chemistry with Patrick and Frazer.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Give Donna's granddad a run ...
    I am secretly hoping that Big Finish follow up on that and do a series of audios with Wilf and The Doctor. Heck, even work him into the run next time they do a series of Donna and Ten.

Astonishing Member

In the 60's there was Ian and Barbara, Ben and Polly. For the latter, listen to the Short Trip Falling, read by Anneke Wills.
    Well, Ben and Polly were linked romantically before they even began their travels. Ian and Barbara's romance was an angle many writers decided to develop in the books after the fact. Which was pretty wise. It just works and makes sense.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Well, Ben and Polly were linked romantically before they even began their travels. Ian and Barbara's romance was an angle many writers decided to develop in the books after the fact. Which was pretty wise. It just works and makes sense.
    I thought they hadn't met before The War Machines. Polly was Professor Brett's secretary, and the Doctor asked her to take Dodo somewhere, which was the club where they met Ben.

I thought they hadn't met before The War Machines. Polly was Professor Brett's secretary, and the Doctor asked her to take Dodo somewhere, which was the club where they met Ben.
    This is how it went down.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Yeah, he was all upset that his boat had gone without him, she tried to cheer him up and he wasn't having any of it, but when she got harassed by some aggressive types he came to her aid. I always liked how he used to tease her and call her 'Duchess' and she used to get irritated with him, but as soon as Ben was in trouble she was always there to help patch him up.

True story incidentally, Michael Craze who played Ben met his future wife on set when she was a prop helper, she apparently accidentally blew 'moon dust' right up his nose after he had mentioned not to because he was prone to having an allergic reaction to the material.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, but their interaction signified there was an attraction between them that would result in romance. That's what i meant. Apologies for any confusion.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 08-24-2017 at 05:29 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Yeah, he was all upset that his boat had gone without him, she tried to cheer him up and he wasn't having any of it, but when she got harassed by some aggressive types he came to her aid. I always liked how he used to tease her and call her 'Duchess' and she used to get irritated with him, but as soon as Ben was in trouble she was always there to help patch him up.

True story incidentally, Michael Craze who played Ben met his future wife on set when she was a prop helper, she apparently accidentally blew 'moon dust' right up his nose after he had mentioned not to because he was prone to having an allergic reaction to the material.
    Cliff Jones, who Jo Grant fell in love with in the Green Death and later married was played by Katy Manning's boyfriend, Stuart Bevan. It's definitely in the top five of companion departures.

Astonishing Member

A shout to to Big Finish Productions, which are putting titles voted the best in the recent Doctor Who Magazine poll on offer! There's the Tenth Doctor and Donna, the best Adric story ever (it's a fantastic one), Jago and Litefoot are helped by the Sixth Doctor to fight the Master, the Fifth and Seventh Doctors collide, the First Doctor has to content with Machiavelli and PC Andy goes on a Ghost Mission.

You'll need to follow the link at the bottom of the news page (which is linked below) and enter the password also given on the page, but the stories are excellent and true bargains.

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/doc...special-offers

bfpdw10th01c_death_and_the_queen_cd_dps1_cover_medium.jpg20160315152510dw4d0503_theparadoxplanet_1417_cover_medium.jpgdwna011_coldfusion_1417_cover_medium.jpg

Astonishing Member

A shout to to Big Finish Productions, which are putting titles voted the best in the recent Doctor Who Magazine poll on offer! There's the Tenth Doctor and Donna, the best Adric story ever (it's a fantastic one), Jago and Litefoot are helped by the Sixth Doctor to fight the Master, the Fifth and Seventh Doctors collide, the First Doctor has to content with Machiavelli and PC Andy goes on a Ghost Mission.

You'll need to follow the link at the bottom of the news page (which is linked below) and enter the password also given on the page, but the stories are excellent and true bargains.

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/doc...special-offers

bfpdw10th01c_death_and_the_queen_cd_dps1_cover_medium.jpg20160315152510dw4d0503_theparadoxplanet_1417_cover_medium.jpgdwna011_coldfusion_1417_cover_medium.jpg
    Curse you, jbmasta! I just splurged on the companion chronicles sale. Now I am teased with this lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Curse you, jbmasta! I just splurged on the companion chronicles sale. Now I am teased with this lol.
    I can definitely recommend Death and the Queen, A Full Life, Cold Fusion and Ghost Mission. That last one includes Samuel Barnett from Dirk Gently.

Cold Fusion is a three disc six episode story, A Full Life is a half hour download and the rest are single disc one hour stories.

I remember Cold Fusion when it was a missing adventure novel
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

You know, part of me wonders if Moffat's exit from the show might go a bit like his entrance, with the Doctor saying "I'm a girl!" but he/she really is this time.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

But she's still not ginger.��

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    You know, part of me wonders if Moffat's exit from the show might go a bit like his entrance, with the Doctor saying "I'm a girl!" but he/she really is this time.
    Well Moffat wiill have already exited by that point. Just as he wrote Matt's first scene for the last few moments of The End of Time Part 2, so Chris has written the first scene for the 13th Doc. Moffat's involvement ends at the very moment the twelfth Doc regenerates.
    Last edited by Vworp Vworp; 08-25-2017 at 07:43 AM.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"