Page 259 of 581 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269309359 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 8704
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Cliff Jones, who Jo Grant fell in love with in the Green Death and later married was played by Katy Manning's boyfriend, Stuart Bevan. It's definitely in the top five of companion departures.
    Plus David Tennant dating both Sophia Myles and Georgia Moffett before he married the latter whilst they were on the show with him.

There's a big rumor going around lately that Big Finish are planning a Jenny boxset featuring Georgia, actually. Seems like they're increasingly pushing out more New Series themed boxsets with one for the New Earth setting and another with Derek Jacobi's Master in the pipeline.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

A shout to to Big Finish Productions, which are putting titles voted the best in the recent Doctor Who Magazine poll on offer! There's the Tenth Doctor and Donna, the best Adric story ever (it's a fantastic one), Jago and Litefoot are helped by the Sixth Doctor to fight the Master, the Fifth and Seventh Doctors collide, the First Doctor has to content with Machiavelli and PC Andy goes on a Ghost Mission.

You'll need to follow the link at the bottom of the news page (which is linked below) and enter the password also given on the page, but the stories are excellent and true bargains.

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/doc...special-offers

Attachment 53701Attachment 53702Attachment 53703
    Argh! There's too much coming out and not enough money

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    But she's still not ginger.��
    That's the first thing I thought of when Jodi was announced as the next Doctor. They colored her hair blonde. Why not just go ahead and make her ginger? Unless they want that to continue to be a running joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Plus David Tennant dating both Sophia Myles and Georgia Moffett before he married the latter whilst they were on the show with him.

There's a big rumor going around lately that Big Finish are planning a Jenny boxset featuring Georgia, actually. Seems like they're increasingly pushing out more New Series themed boxsets with one for the New Earth setting and another with Derek Jacobi's Master in the pipeline.
    YES!! I've been waiting for her to make another appearance in DW (I know, wishful thinking), but I'll settle for this.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I liked Jenny too, she's a fun character and whilst it breaks my heart she will likely never reunite with her dad (given he assumes she's dead) her having her own adventures via audio is awesome.

My big dream set of boxsets for Big Finish with New Series stuff is a Patanoster Gang boxset with Madame Vastra, Jenny and Strax, and also a Mickey Smith and Martha Jones boxset featuring Noel Clarke and Freema Agyeman (which would naturally be called Smith and Jones).

I liked Jenny too, she's a fun character and whilst it breaks my heart she will likely never reunite with her dad (given he assumes she's dead) her having her own adventures via audio is awesome.

My big dream set of boxsets for Big Finish with New Series stuff is a Patanoster Gang boxset with Madame Vastra, Jenny and Strax, and also a Mickey Smith and Martha Jones boxset featuring Noel Clarke and Freema Agyeman (which would naturally be called Smith and Jones).
    Oh boy, that would be fantastic!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Just snagged box sets for series 2, 3 and 4 for nothing. 6 bucks. Still a long way away from having the complete reboot but closer than I was.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

I'd love to see Ginny come back and the pasternack gang absolutely deserve a spin off.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Lol. Was totally not paying attention when I first read that,and saw that as David was dating Steven Moffatt. I was all like Wait, What?!

Astonishing Member

Well, they have the license now. The reason we are getting these is because they can't get Eccleston or Smith back for audios. Not yet anyway. Once the license is extended to include Capaldi I have no doubt he'll be onboard. In fact, out of the new series Doctors I reckon a majority of the output will come from him.

Some of these boxsets are neat ideas. Especially the one with The Jacobi Master. Jenny was supposed to be killed off, but Moffat persuaded RTD that she be spared. Apparently because he wanted to keep the door open so he could use her. He didn't. So Big Finish might as well take a crack at it. We might get something interesting with her.

Astonishing Member

With the passing of Trevor Baxter, a series with the Patenoster Gang seems like the ideal choice to take over from Jago and Litefoot. It will definitely fill the void. I also think we might get something with The Shadow Proclamation. They are basically a police force. Although with broader powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Just snagged box sets for series 2, 3 and 4 for nothing. 6 bucks. Still a long way away from having the complete reboot but closer than I was.
    Dang, that is a great deal! Nice!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I'm gonna miss Capaldi's Doctor . He gave some great speeches and more. The interaction with him and the new version of Master (Missy) was a nice one for this era. I kinda wish that Missy would stay on past Capaldi and be there as a rogue for the new female Doctor. But well...things change as they say.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'm gonna miss Capaldi's Doctor . He gave some great speeches and more. The interaction with him and the new version of Master (Missy) was a nice one for this era. I kinda wish that Missy would stay on past Capaldi and be there as a rogue for the new female Doctor. But well...things change as they say.
    Same here. I'm going to miss him. But then again, I miss all of them except a few.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I remember Cold Fusion when it was a missing adventure novel
    I've got the book. It's a great one.

Astonishing Member

Peter Davison accidentally mentioned it at a convention last year, and one of the writers shared the news with Radio Times around the time of the Jodie Whittaker announcement. Big Finish haven't said anything about it officially, but Nick Briggs, executive producer, has said they can't say anything because they need to coordinate with the BBC around pretty much anything involving BBC properties (he was careful to neither confirm nor deny the Jenny spin-off). Standard Big Finish practice is to wait for the story to actually be recorded before making formal announcements. That way they can list the guest cast and have a picture from the day to use for the news item.

In late 2015 Blogtor Who posted rumours that David Tennant was going to play the Tenth Doctor for Big Finish. There were fears however that this leak could stop further Tenth Doctor projects from happening. Fortunately it didn't, but Big Finish, and Nick Briggs and particular, have become sensitive to leaks.

There's also a Gallifrey: The Time War release (the Gallifrey range follows Lalla Ward's Romana and Leela, and the political intrigue on Gallifrey), and a series of Eighth Doctor: The Time War sets coming out.
    Last edited by jbmasta; 08-25-2017 at 10:08 PM.

Astonishing Member

Peter Davison accidentally mentioned it at a convention last year, and one of the writers shared the news with Radio Times around the time of the Jodie Whittaker announcement. Big Finish haven't said anything about it officially, but Nick Briggs, executive producer, has said they can't say anything because they need to coordinate with the BBC around pretty much anything involving BBC properties (he was careful to neither confirm nor deny the Jenny spin-off). Standard Big Finish practice is to wait for the story to actually be recorded before making formal announcements. That way they can list the guest cast and have a picture from the day to use for the news item.

In late 2015 Blogtor Who posted rumours that David Tennant was going to play the Tenth Doctor for Big Finish. There were fears however that this leak could stop further Tenth Doctor projects from happening. Fortunately it didn't, but Big Finish, and Nick Briggs and particular, have become sensitive to leaks.

There's also a Gallifrey: The Time War release (the Gallifrey range follows Lalla Ward's Romana and Leela, and the political intrigue on Gallifrey), and a series of Eighth Doctor: The Time War sets coming out.
    Yeah, the Big Finish team like to have everything done and dusted before announcing anything. Usually because of ongoing negotiations and contractual arrangements with actors and the BBC (who have to approve the story etc.) Stuff being leaked before hand can really put a snag in their plans. Plus they don't want to be premature with news and have it fall through last minute.

I believe it is in the pipeline. Just have to be patient.