Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know if they've resolved the Hulk and Namor movie rights yet...
    They are still owned by Universal.
    Last edited by choptop; 02-18-2019 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Probaly not gonna happen
    In all honesty the only two real big hits seem the be Daredevil and Punisher and I liked Jessica Jones and Luke Cage but DD and Punisher seem to be the big ones and CC and JB seem very willing to continue on as the characters. I could see them coming back and doing films and limited tv guest spots in the mean time that keeps their schedules open if given some promises it's going to happen.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Disney had a lot of say. Netflix did not cancel the shows out of spite, they were cancelled because they weren't viable financially. Because Disney rightly wanted a lot of money and creative control.
    Everything points to these cancellations being political moves. Netflix is going to pour money into a property belonging to their competitor.

Not a lot of Netflix series go beyond four seasons (House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, and Bojack Horseman are the exceptions) and that is likely due to the revenue model they're operating under. Viewers taper off after each season so a series becomes less profitable, but for traditional television this is off-set by advertisers. Netflix doesn't have advertisers, so their franchises don't last that long. Its a lot like how the comic industry loves #1s because they sell the most.

It just goes to show that if the Netflix model really is the future, you simply won't have that many long running tv series. This isn't totally problematic, but (nearly?) all of the Marvel Netflix shows ended on promising another season, so its going to lead to a lot of series that have no conclusions, which I'm not a fan of.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    They are still owned by Universal.
    Universal only has distribution rights for a Solo Hulk film and Namor is owned by Marvel but apparently there is a third party from the deal with Universal that is keeping Namor tied up. But unlike Hulk who Feigie seemed content not having his own movies he made it sound like they are trying to work out the Namor issue. Wont vs surprised if we get a Movie announcement in the next year or 2. Feigie seems to be a Namor fan

I've always liked Namor surprised hes not bigger. But the again I'm a Wolverine/Guy Gardner fan and Raphael is my favorite turtle. So maybe I just like assholes.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 02-19-2019 at 09:55 PM.

If anyone was hoping for a continuation of Luke Cage once the two year moratorium was over they are probably out of luck if this gets picked up to series.

Mike Colter has booked a leading role on the potential series, which hails from The Good Wife co-creators Robert and Michelle King. (Colter has previously appeared on both The Good Wife and spinoff The Good Fight as drug lord Lemond Bishop.)

As previously reported, Evil centers on a skeptical female psychologist (Katja Herbers, Westworld) who joins a priest-in-training and a blue-collar contractor to investigate paranormal phenomena. Colter will co-star as David DaCosta, the aforementioned priest-to-be.

Colter is coming off a run as the titular indestructible superhero in Marvel’s Luke Cage, which was cancelled at Netflix in October after two seasons. The streaming service has since severed ties with Marvel TV completely, axing fellow comic-book dramas Iron Fist, Daredevil and, most recently, The Punisher and Jessica Jones.
    https://tvline.com/2019/02/19/mike-c...ma-pilot-cast/

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    If anyone was hoping for a continuation of Luke Cage once the two year moratorium was over they are probably out of luck if this gets picked up to series.

https://tvline.com/2019/02/19/mike-c...ma-pilot-cast/
    It's fine Luke Cage deserves to be in the MCU proper with a big budget behind him. Luke cage much like smallville suffered on the fighting scenes side becaus of the lack of budget. They did some cool creative things now and then but mostly he was jsut a slow lumbering dude who tapped people. I want Luke Cage who in New Avnegers Carrie's a semi down the street like it was nothing, and fought with curiosity. That goes double for Danny. I just want q Heroes for Hire movie with Danny and Luke with actor who have chemistry to bring Marvel ultimate bromance to life. Michale Jai white 10 years ago would have been perfect especially since the dude can legit fight and sell Some action. Now iono maybe the Guy from Bird Box but I don't recall if he was very tall just remember laughing at how Jacked he was when they had been rationing food for that long. Must have stashed some protein powder somewhere.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Out of all of them I would think Daredevil would be the one Marvel would want to push back onto the big screen the most over Luke Cage or Iron Fist.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Out of all of them I would think Daredevil would be the one Marvel would want to push back onto the big screen the most over Luke Cage or Iron Fist.
    Before the Luke Cage TV show and Black Panther sucess maybe but Marvels probaly gonna push more diversity and alot of people wanted a Asian American actor cast as Danny anyway so a chance to make a movie lead by two minorities might take priority over Daredevil. Also Daredevil works ok on TV especialy if Disney is willing to spend money on it

Before the Luke Cage TV show and Black Panther sucess maybe but Marvels probaly gonna push more diversity and alot of people wanted a Asian American actor cast as Danny anyway so a chance to make a movie lead by two minorities might take priority over Daredevil. Also Daredevil works ok on TV especialy if Disney is willing to spend money on it
    DD was one the only Netflix show Feige was considering as a film before the decision was made to do the Netflix shows so I could see him bringing him to the big screen. I could also see Luke getting recruited by a future version of the Avengers if they are still making Avengers films post Endgame. But Iron Fist seems like a tainted well IMO and they'd concentrate on Shang-Chi and other Asian characters over Iron Fist. Now I could see them doing the Daughters of the Dragon on Hulu or Disney+ without Danny or just a guest spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    DD was one the only Netflix show Feige was considering as a film before the decision was made to do the Netflix shows so I could see him bringing him to the big screen. I could also see Luke getting recruited by a future version of the Avengers if they are still making Avengers films post Endgame. But Iron Fist seems like a tainted well IMO and they'd concentrate on Shang-Chi and other Asian characters over Iron Fist. Now I could see them doing the Daughters of the Dragon on Hulu or Disney+ without Danny or just a guest spot.
    I think much like the Inhumans the version was so off if you do it on the big screen it's not gonna be an issue. Heroes for Hire movie would look. Nothing like the Netflix shows. Netflix Iron fist barely felt like Iron fist. And Luke while not bad was also drastically different. Making him both a Army vet and A cop before going to prison was a weird choice also making him from the south and not Harlem. Though the show did alot right so I'm not mad at it. Colter did good but time to hand the role off someone else and let Luke be a power house in MCU. I'd like Danny there too but I'm fine with Just Luke. And after Fantasic four and Xmen are all up and running and the Avengers movies are taking a break have whoever's running the avengers( maybe Tony or Steve are around but retired who knows. Most likely Tchalla or Carol) come to Luke and entrust him to form the New Avengers and have them fight more earth based big threats and not galactic stuff. So Luke gets Thing,Spidey, Strange(Maybe he might be too powerful for this), if we arent doing Danny replace him with Shang Chi, and I'd like Wolverine in it but let's see what's happening with the xmen at the time. Wow I just rambled on about alot of fan boy non sense, my apologies.

Universal only has distribution rights for a Solo Hulk film and Namor is owned by Marvel but apparently there is a third party from the deal with Universal that is keeping Namor tied up. But unlike Hulk who Feigie seemed content not having his own movies he made it sound like they are trying to work out the Namor issue. Wont vs surprised if we get a Movie announcement in the next year or 2. Feigie seems to be a Namor fan

I've always liked Namor surprised hes not bigger. But the again I'm a Wolverine/Guy Gardner fan and Raphael is my favorite turtle. So maybe I just like assholes.
    From what I read universal can still do a solo hulk movie if they choose they currently have a spider Man like deal with marvel but they can only use him in team movies namor is kinda the same but more complicated so intill they work out all that I bet for the most part universal still has the rights and manthing is still at Lionsgate according to some.......
    Last edited by choptop; 02-20-2019 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    From what I read universal can still do a solo hulk movie if they choose they currently have a spider Man like deal with marvel but they can only use him in team movies namor is kinda the same but more complicated so intill they work out all that I bet for the most part universal still has the rights.
    Everything I've read Production Rights 100% reverted back to Marvel for Hulk. The problem is Universal still has distribution rights. The term used in almost every article I can find was that Universal has right for first refusal on any distribution of a Hulk Film. Feigie himself said Marvel has Namor back the problem is third party Producers who were attached to the original Universal deal are still tangling everything up and it has to be worked out first. So I think Namor is in the near future given how much Fiegie seem to love the character. While I think Hulk can carry who own films when done right, as of now hes worked better in group settings.

Yeah same I've always heard Universal has Distribution Rights to Hulk films meaning Marvel can use Hulk but any solo film has to be distributed by Universal and Disney isn't interested in that and would rather just use Hulk in other films.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Yeah same I've always heard Universal has Distribution Rights to Hulk films meaning Marvel can use Hulk but any solo film has to be distributed by Universal and Disney isn't interested in that and would rather just use Hulk in other films.
    Yea but I cant find anything with Feigie stating this straight out but if you google it 9/10 articles will say Marvel has production rights and universal has right of first refusal on distribution. But Fiegie straight out says the only hold up for Namor is 3rd party producers who were attached to the original deal from years ago. So I assume production rights revert after so long of not making films but any Prodcuers invovled maybe have to bought out.

Edit: to be clear I'm only stating what jve seen reported by mutiple sources. Chop could 100% be right but the common narrative is that Universal has right of first refusal. Marvel can make solo Hulk movies. But they got to let Universal distribute it which disney wont do. Just realized I stated it like it was a fact. before and wanted to clarify that I have no idea just speaking on what the common narrative is. The Namor stuff is from Fiegie mouth and can go find the quote and post it here if anyone cares enough
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 02-20-2019 at 08:45 PM.