Page 341 of 434 FirstFirst ... 241291331337338339340341342343344345351391 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,115 of 6499

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Hickman has clearly made himself several outs if this storyline doesn't turn out how he wanted.
    the 11th life is a easy out

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    The only Orchis that has any meaningful context for me. (the big thing at the back)
    Attachment 87465
    Which mobile armour is this?
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Another Inferno reference today. Guys, its happening
    I suppose I am missing the point of everything Hickman is setting up if the things that interest me the most are these hints to Inferno (including the other half of Krakoa and the missing horsemen).

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I suppose I am missing the point of everything Hickman is setting up if the things that interest me the most are these hints to Inferno (including the other half of Krakoa and the missing horsemen).
    Well the whole idea is to get us to read Dawn of X so a lot of these threads will be explored there.

I am starting to believe that we are going to see some elements of Inferno, the return of the Phoenix, the Phalanx, more Orchis, the lost Horseman of Apocalypse, the war of the elder demons that Apocalypse fought against, and other stuff.

This is true world building and setting a whole bunch of balls in motion as we move forward into the Dawn of X stories.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BANNED

Don't quote me bc I may be misreading the art, but I could swear I saw Orchis insignia on the goons Storm is fighting the X-Men #1 preview.

Its hard to buy this as 616, or at least the MU, we've been reading all these years. The initial Moira retcon worked ut there's been too many since then that it doesnt feel right that all these characters were conspiring this whole time. I think HoX has been about Moira's past life that wasnt detailed

It is very easy to buy this as the Earth-616 we've been reading all these years.

Its hard to buy this as 616, or at least the MU, we've been reading all these years. The initial Moira retcon worked ut there's been too many since then that it doesnt feel right that all these characters were conspiring this whole time. I think HoX has been about Moira's past life that wasnt detailed
    it is all eath 516, just different timelines diverging because moira acted different on them

Sure there is always the possiblility of erasing this last timeline

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    It is very easy to buy this as the Earth-616 we've been reading all these years.
    Sure if you are willing to believe all these retcons with Xavier conspiring to create Krakoa this whole time and that he and the likes of Sinister, Forge, Magneto, Apocalypse etc... have all been allied and working towards this for years. It doesnt make sense within the context of our 616 and how we've seen these characters at odds with opposing views, methods, etc...Xavier died and was gone for a while, which would have been the end of his plans, yet none of these characters tried to bring him back? He was resurrected completely unrelated to his Krakoa plans or the characters we've seen him conspire with. The retcons dont fit or make sense. One has to take a big pill and swallow to accept this

I have no trouble accepting retcons.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I have no trouble accepting retcons.
    I love how Hickman sprinkles Easter eggs of past stories. Lol the hints about Inferno are really making me feel excited for what might be coming in X-Force and X-Men down the road. Welcome back Madelyne we missed you!

I don't mind retcons either. I am a purist when it comes to some literature and I help when people rewrite the stories of some books (Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame makes me cringe with horror). Comics are pure chaos, worlds of super heroes with people who can travel through time, build time machines, great dictators of the time stream, world destroying events, people who can recreate all of reality... Lol, suspension of disbelief is totally required if you like comic books because they do crazy weird universe changing stuff all the time.

This is a nice retcon though because Hickman is embracing the past and he is bringing back old characters that have been sitting on the shelf unused for a while. I expect we'll see some unexpected faces in the entire line for the next few years. Some character will pop up that you had no idea was still out there and we can touch base and see what they are up to finally.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Sure if you are willing to believe all these retcons with Xavier conspiring to create Krakoa this whole time and that he and the likes of Sinister, Forge, Magneto, Apocalypse etc... have all been allied and working towards this for years. It doesnt make sense within the context of our 616 and how we've seen these characters at odds with opposing views, methods, etc...Xavier died and was gone for a while, which would have been the end of his plans, yet none of these characters tried to bring him back? He was resurrected completely unrelated to his Krakoa plans or the characters we've seen him conspire with. The retcons dont fit or make sense. One has to take a big pill and swallow to accept this
    Do you have any specific examples?

I feel that it's broadly acceptable, and generally fits with what we know. The Magneto and Xavier relationship seemed the hardest to reconcile....but if you look at the timing of when Xavier and Moira approached him, it was right before he started his turn toward becoming a good guy for a while, and then they mention the "Schism" that would probably be from X-Men #1 in the 90s.

Everything else is loosely defined enough to the point where I don't really see it as being all that different from any other retcon where something we never knew is revealed.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    Do you have any specific examples?

I feel that it's broadly acceptable, and generally fits with what we know. The Magneto and Xavier relationship seemed the hardest to reconcile....but if you look at the timing of when Xavier and Moira approached him, it was right before he started his turn toward becoming a good guy for a while, and then they mention the "Schism" that would probably be from X-Men #1 in the 90s.

Everything else is loosely defined enough to the point where I don't really see it as being all that different from any other retcon where something we never knew is revealed.
    Biggest issue to reconcile is Xavier right before this entire thing. Everything suggested he was sick of the X-men as they were, essentially pining for younger versions of themselves.

Though of course you could reconcile this by it being revealed that the Mutants are Xavier's ideal versions of them rather than necessarily their most current versions.

TBH, it is pretty hard to believe. We need Hickman to add the scenes of Xavier waking up in bed with all of these wily mutant men, whispering "Forget" into their ears, kissing them on the forehead, and leaving their rooms in boxer-briefs. F-For the sake of continuity, o-of course...
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    TBH, it is pretty hard to believe. We need Hickman to add the scenes of Xavier waking up in bed with all of these wily mutant men, whispering "Forget" into their ears, kissing them on the forehead, and leaving their rooms in boxer-briefs. F-For the sake of continuity, o-of course...
    You're like the Papaya_Dreaming of the X-Men forums. I love your posts so much.

Only people that visit Reddit, specifically the League one will understand though.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue