View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 308 of 619 FirstFirst ... 208258298304305306307308309310311312318358408 ... LastLast
Results 4,606 to 4,620 of 9276
    Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I understand the frustration guys, but maybe we could tone down the hate a little and focus on some positives? I can't think of one personally, but there probably is one.

Now that I'm thinking about it, the previews might make things worse.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

Don’t expect anything great from that. The Champions were Tykeclops friends,not adult Scott. Although he has been acting like him lately.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    When does the scott/champions reunion come out?
    May 1st is what I saw. Might be inaccurate. So, presumably next week.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I understand the frustration guys, but maybe we could tone down the hate a little and focus on some positives? I can't think of one personally, but there probably is one.
    Didn't I just mention an upcoming h̶i̶l̶a̶r̶i̶o̶u̶s̶l̶y̶ ̶h̶o̶m̶o̶e̶ I mean, EPIC cover?

On a slightly more serious note, I can't help but think of Scott/Logan's current story as a "wounded veterans hopelessly dicking around for 80% of the story, but then doing something crazy awesome in the final act" Western. Mmm. Come to think of it, that's basically Starcraft 2:Wings of Liberty. We even have a delusional Horner substitute in Alex, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Now that I'm thinking about it, the previews might make things worse.
    They don't, actually. Every two weeks, we expect something annoying/petty and it turns out worse than our mock predictions.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 04-24-2019 at 08:49 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Retcon View Post
    Its ok to have her beg him for the D like a Shaft groupie but having a kid in HoX is just being rediculous.
    Morbidly curious to see what Jean fans thought of this, but the realistic part of me feels so long as it wasn't Cyke, champagne was popped :")
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Well, JDW said the status quo in HoX/PoX was related to AoXM and Uncanny. I'm assuming some stuff there will matter and, judging by Thompson's comments months ago, at least this relationship should matter. Of course, all bets are off if the Hickman books coming in July was earlier than expected and only JDW's word matters for now. I won't hold my breath, though. Scott being put in the same book as Jean is a bad omen on its own, even if Rosenberg isn't writing. But I'll wait and see like everyone else.
    yeah I know what was said but I doubt it will actually materialize into much now that Hickman has been confirmed.

Hickman's FF run had entire issues dedicated to some of the most nonsensical things from Millar's run, so I don't see why it's thought he would totally ignore recent developments.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Hickman's FF run had entire issues dedicated to some of the most nonsensical things from Millar's run, so I don't see why it's thought he would totally ignore recent developments.
    I think the thought is that Hickman wrote his spiel before all these gimmicks came in. What I wanna know is if Hickman has an actual run or is this just a mini?
    Let your wallet talk.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

That Cyclops half-smile?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    That Cyclops half-smile?
    Could be worse. Cyke could be rocking the civvies while drinking coffee.
    Let your wallet talk.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    I think the thought is that Hickman wrote his spiel before all these gimmicks came in. What I wanna know is if Hickman has an actual run or is this just a mini?
    All of the top writers have their old stories in mind and just tweak them to fit current continuity, so I think John can survive doing the same now. I mean, the stuff's been in the cooker so long that I'd assume he went ham on research.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    I hope he has a run after the minis. You cant "change" the x-books on 12 issues, it would be a waste and so much hype for nothing.
    Maybe these minis would set up the status he needs to write what he wants.

( i hope xavier leads the team though,that way nobody would complain about who is leading between jean and scott)

Mighty Member

All of the top writers have their old stories in mind and just tweak them to fit current continuity, so I think John can survive doing the same now. I mean, the stuff's been in the cooker so long that I'd assume he went ham on research.
    Ah. In this case, SELECTIVE MEMORY YEEET!
    Let your wallet talk.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    That Cyclops half-smile?
    He's only smiling because he has defeated Emma Frost and Hitler's ghost after getting on his knees and kissing the Sith Lord Jeansus' ring finger, begging for forgiveness after causing IvX, being Apocalypse's dad, and being Jack the Ripper.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I hope he has a run after the minis. You cant "change" the x-books on 12 issues, it would be a waste and so much hype for nothing.
    Maybe these minis would set up the status he needs to write what he wants.

( i hope xavier leads the team though,that way nobody would complain about who is leading between jean and scott)
    That's my thinking too. I mean, I love Hickman's writing mostly because of the scale he works with. Like, for character interaction, I'd head straight to Whedon. For cool villains and broken heroes, I'd go to Gillen. For epic stories, the kind that'strue to the term epic-- it's Hickman or Geoff Johns for me, and only one of those two is about to write the X-Men.
    Let your wallet talk.