Page 58 of 126 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    New picture of Aphrodite and Athena, apparently part of a big page spread showing all the goddesses (save perhaps Hera who I think will get her own)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUU4DJwLwx1/

Attachment 114117
    Ah, now that it's colored those are robes on Athena rather than being a statue.

The text seems to suggest these depictions might also be part of this story being an in-universe history text by the Amazons.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

More goddesses: Artemis, Demeter and Hecate (who looks awesome):

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUfKYvwr4iw/

goddesses.jpg

And Poseidon, posted on his Twitter

https://twitter.com/Philjimeneznyc/s...405889/photo/1

Poseidon.jpg

Oh geez, now that’s a spooky witch goddess.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

I am loving Artemis' design. Might be my favorite.

On Nicola Scott's Instagram, she and Phil commented at each other about Historia. She said she's working on her "goddess spread" now. I hope she's going to bring her own embellishments to the table.

With Hecate being one of the major goddesses in this, does anyone think Circe will be part of the "seventh tribe" of Amazons? The six in the first book seem likely to be based around the main six Olympian goddesses, but Hecate being involved in the group and placed in a position of importance for the Amazon history makes me think the new tribe will revolve around her. This could be where Hippolyta and Circe meet and maybe Circe plays a major role in the Amazons being successful in their first war with the Gods. And then maybe Circe betrays them and assists Heracles after Hippolyta does something to piss her off. The trajectory of the books seems to be heading for a "the Amazons rise to glory before a big fall, and then they rebuild on the island" type of story. Like Hippolyta and Circe could be a female Guts and Griffith lol.

On Nicola Scott's Instagram, she and Phil commented at each other about Historia. She said she's working on her "goddess spread" now. I hope she's going to bring her own embellishments to the table.

With Hecate being one of the major goddesses in this, does anyone think Circe will be part of the "seventh tribe" of Amazons? The six in the first book seem likely to be based around the main six Olympian goddesses, but Hecate being involved in the group and placed in a position of importance for the Amazon history makes me think the new tribe will revolve around her. This could be where Hippolyta and Circe meet and maybe Circe plays a major role in the Amazons being successful in their first war with the Gods. And then maybe Circe betrays them and assists Heracles after Hippolyta does something to piss her off. The trajectory of the books seems to be heading for a "the Amazons rise to glory before a big fall, and then they rebuild on the island" type of story.
    Hmmm...

I don't think Circe will be part of the Amazon tribes, but I wouldn't be surprised if she is involved in some way with Hecate and all that. If it were Jimenez doing the story, I'd say it's more likely but he's made it clear this is 100% DeConnick's vision narratively speaking and I have no idea what her preferences with Wonder Woman villains are or anything.

Since they are going back to giving Circe beef with the Amazon's in the ongoing, it's possible they are slightly mirroring whatever is going on in Historia. But I've never known that to happen before a comic was released.

Like Hippolyta and Circe could be a female Guts and Griffith lol.
    If Circe is Griffith, does that make Cheetah Zodd?

~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Circe seems like the kind of character DeConnick would be interested in and as one of the more notable females from Greek myth, I think it's pretty safe she'd show up (if not now than probably in the other ones if we get all nine issues).

If Hecate gets her own tribe and that involves Circe, I wouldn't be surprised if that's where Magala shows up if she ever appears.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Hmmm...

I don't think Circe will be part of the Amazon tribes, but I wouldn't be surprised if she is involved in some way with Hecate and all that. If it were Jimenez doing the story, I'd say it's more likely but he's made it clear this is 100% DeConnick's vision narratively speaking and I have no idea what her preferences with Wonder Woman villains are or anything.

Since they are going back to giving Circe beef with the Amazon's in the ongoing, it's possible they are slightly mirroring whatever is going on in Historia. But I've never known that to happen before a comic was released.
    That's very true, and it actually makes me wonder who of the two (Jimenez or DeConnick) decided which Amazons would be appearing in this. All of the Amazons confirmed so far are from Perez, Rucka or Simone, even very obscure ones like Consivia and Venilia. Such deep cuts seems more like Jimenez's jam but he's not writing the scripts; maybe DeConnick gave him free reign to go nuts and pick the 30 Amazons he wanted, or she's really diving into WW lore and picking them out with him. With all these obscure WW characters and figures from Greek myth, it wouldn't surprise me if DeConnick would work Circe into this because she's not exactly a minor figure and she'd certainly be around somewhere during these events.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    If Circe is Griffith, does that make Cheetah Zodd?
    Mikos or Sebastian could be Circe's Zodd

Cheetah is busy being the Griffith to Diana's Guts (lol). And oh dear, that means Steve is Casca

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Circe seems like the kind of character DeConnick would be interested in and as one of the more notable females from Greek myth, I think it's pretty safe she'd show up (if not now than probably in the other ones if we get all nine issues).

If Hecate gets her own tribe and that involves Circe, I wouldn't be surprised if that's where Magala shows up if she ever appears.
    Yeah I definitely think Magala will be involved with Hecate in some capacity if she's making an appearance.

New picture from Phil of various vases depicted Amazon history. Presumably these are on Paradise Island as part of the "history lesson" being taught to the young Amazon. I wonder if it is magic or some Amazon tech keeping all these afloat? Or if it's purely symbolic and not a literal location the young Amazon is visiting

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUsF_RJL_y5/

vases.jpg

New picture from Phil of various vases depicted Amazon history. Presumably these are on Paradise Island as part of the "history lesson" being taught to the young Amazon. I wonder if it is magic or some Amazon tech keeping all these afloat? Or if it's purely symbolic and not a literal location the young Amazon is visiting

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUsF_RJL_y5/

vases.jpg
    I think the figures in red are supposed the women killed before being reincarnated as Amazons.

Does someone know what the heck happened with Diana's Daughter? I really had hype for that comic

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    Does someone know what the heck happened with Diana's Daughter? I really had hype for that comic
    Earlier in this thread, it was state that Rucka abandoned his plans for Diana's Daughter because he couldn't make the idea work.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Which is weird because the perfect blue print already exists in the comics:

Rucka could have updated it like he did Diana's backstory in Rebirth. Is it because Lyta is wrapped up in Vertigo? That doesn't make much sense. If the names are an issue he could come up with a new one or give her a new nickname since 'Lyta' was a shortened version of 'Hippolyta' anyway.

Maybe someone like KSD or Phil Jimenez could make the idea work.

Full goddess spread, and now we get Hestia. Maybe Hecate actually gets a tribe worshipping her right off the bat and Hera doesn't? Hera is separate from these and she's being treated as the biggest deal:

goddess spread.jpg

https://twitter.com/Philjimeneznyc/s...571587/photo/1
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 10-13-2021 at 09:09 AM.

Man, I hope DC makes a poster of these with the designs for the male gods.