Page 21 of 72 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    they have a literal "don't kill humans" policy.
    To be fair that's more of dont get caught killing humans

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    The funny part is.....they could have just asked Franklin what HE wanted to do. Honestly, all of that could have been avoided. Instead of resulting to voilence like Sue did. And threatening to attack their minds like Pro.X did.

Honestly, Pro.X and Magneto should NOT have been the ones to talk to Sue and Reed.
    Magneto and Xavier are way too quick to adopt the role of parental guardians. They need to go to therapy first.

But I seriously think two things can be true. Are Mags and Prof doing this with some hidden motive? Probably. Do they seriously believe what they’re preaching to Reed and Sue? Absolutely. This is the same Xavier who treated Cyclops, basically his son, like a soldier in an army. Magneto... isn’t dad of the year, either. These two husbands have valid points but definitely shouldn’t have been the ones to go after Franklin nor talk to Sue & Reed, also very odd parents. I think the team should’ve been:

Wolverine (Laura), Red Queen, Daken, Storm, Pixie, Artie, and Leech.

All members who have close connection with the FF family.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Learn about his culture? This false god would gladly abandon mutantkind the moment he got his god powers back.
    Franklin definitely has more empathy than that.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    I agree, but that's because everyone is prejudiced against everyone (which is different than discrimination of course). People let themselves be influenced by everything, but there's also the fear of the unknown (not used to black people in their bookstore, perhaps? Lol). It all comes down to a person's level of ignorance and their willingness to expand what they know. I personally don't get offended by stereotypes because 1) they don't actually know me and 2) I do have some of those stereotypes lol. I'll only get offended if it's keeping me from an opportunity, and that's the real problem. However, we won't solve that problem by coming to it with anger only.
    I mean, there is a prejudice in everyone, but some are definitely more dangerous than others. Some prejudices perpetuate stereotypes that harm and even kill black people. For context, the county I grew up in (same one the bookstore was in) not only is majority black, but there’s never been robbery or theft that took place there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    What does it mean to be a mutant?
    His parents have super-powers… In what way is he different from them? If you look into his DNA? Not everyone can do that… And even so, what does it mean?
    That part of humans will hate him all his life and will try to kill him for simply existing. That has the possibility of being immortal and not just "not getting old."

To get started.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Franklin definitely has more empathy than that.
    When he was saving everyone on Yancy Street during War of the Realms, he had a monologue about how he was a god and that he is better than all other gods.

During the early issues of the run, he didn't have this attitude.

So forgive me if I don't have much hope for this pretender god to be anything more than a self-absorbed piece of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Now, but on the past they screwed over humans a lot
    you make it sound so one-sided. we've seen the future. humans went to significant lengths to be the last "people" standing. it's telling that mutants forming their own society is looked upon as something sinister. there are mutant kids reuniting after being murdered by human racists. but you focus on Magneto and Xavier being impolite. this is why the fight for civil rights is ongoing in the real world. there's always someone comfortable with the status quo.

When he was saving everyone on Yancy Street during War of the Realms, he had a monologue about how he was a god and that he is better than all other gods.
    he's been warped by human teachers.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yep. I don't understand why mutants scale the situation so unnecessarily. What do Bishop, Wolverine, Pyro and Magneot do there?

I also don't understand that Sue is the first to attack.
    Yes to all this! Count me among the number of people thinking the whole situation seems forced and the the Xmen are one cackle away from the OBVIOUSLY creepy villains.

Sue Storm's actions were more like an overprotective mother with an unnatural affinity for her son kiiiiiinda suspect....#jussayin
    I would personally like to believe that Sue doesn't particularly trust Magneto or Professor X. The last time they tried to get their son to join them involved Youngblood's Disease ravaging the Marvel Universe.
    Youngblood's disease??
    GrindrStone(D)

Mighty Member

he's been warped by human teachers.
    Magneto: You have new gods now

On the Temple Mount. In Jerusalem.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    What does it mean to be a mutant?
    His parents have super-powers… In what way is he different from them? If you look into his DNA? Not everyone can do that… And even so, what does it mean?
    I've been thinking this lol. It's public knowledge that he's a mutant, and his parents never hid that fact from him.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Youngblood's disease??
    Do you prefer the term Liefeld's Disease?

Magneto: You have new gods now
    he's a fan of the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    I've been thinking this lol. It's public knowledge that he's a mutant, and his parents never hid that fact from him.
    in private, they refer to it as 'his curse.'

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

it means a place on Krakoa.
    So Erik doesn't care about the two people he raised?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Magneto and Xavier are way too quick to adopt the role of parental guardians. They need to go to therapy first.

But I seriously think two things can be true. Are Mags and Prof doing this with some hidden motive? Probably. Do they seriously believe what they’re preaching to Reed and Sue? Absolutely. This is the same Xavier who treated Cyclops, basically his son, like a soldier in an army. Magneto... isn’t dad of the year, either. These two husbands have valid points but definitely shouldn’t have been the ones to go after Franklin nor talk to Sue & Reed, also very odd parents. I think the team should’ve been:

Wolverine (Laura), Red Queen, Daken, Storm, Pixie, Artie, and Leech.

All members who have close connection with the FF family.
    Agreed.

EXACTLY, that's why that whole discussion went the way it did. I believe that Sue Richards would not have gotten so violent if Magneto wasn't talking to Franklin because that's REALLY what set her off. In her mind she believes Magneto wants her kid....which he does. But it didn't help things for Sue to freak out and put him in a Force Field then Reed getting mad because Pro.X accused his wife of being violent which she is.

Storm and Kitty is ALL they need for this conversation.
    Reed is right they obviously have an ulterior motive, but their motive is simply keeping Mutants Safe and figure out why he's losing his powers. But same time Pro.X is right too clearly Reed Richards and probably Sue don't really care for Mutants WANTING to have a better life. I mean Magneto said it correctly if people found out Franklin was a mutant ALL HELL would break loose.

I don't think Daken would be a good suggestion for a talk like this....IMO

Do you prefer the term Liefeld's Disease?
    Nah I like Youngblood's Disease....but uh what is it?
    in private, they refer to it as 'his curse.'
    a couple days outta each month they refer to Valeria as such
    GrindrStone(D)