Page 139 of 234 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 3507
    Extraordinary Member

Again, Reality Warping is like vague.
    Does creating stuff through matter/energy manipulation count as RW?(While Wanda's probablity route is gather energy to alter the path of events for a certain thing to happen.) You can argue Matter/Energy Manipulation actually just reshape matter and energy, but again what Wanda is doing is also investing energy to change stuff.(The course of events, or say the story.)
    There is also an argument that only those who can directly affect the nature of reality(in Molecule Man's words, information, story.) count. But the results are too similar to tell.
    Maybe they should just stop dwelling on the results/effects and explain more about the mechanism behind.
    Modred the Mystic and Crystal are both element manipulation but they are way different in nature with one powered by Darkhold and the other being an Inhuman.

Wanda and other magic user may achieve similar effects, but their power still work differently.
    One of my own take is that mystical energy are all formed to some extent, Elemetnal, Natural, Spiritual, Light, Dark, Emotional, etc. While other magic users usually would directly use those energy to cast a spell.(For example, extract energy from Crimson Cosmos to use the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak, but that energy cannot be used for other spells.)
    IMO Wanda's Chaos Magic will break down any form of mystical energy first and then reform them(or that her probability power will require the most basic and primal form of energy), allowing Wanda to make use of any mystical energy for any means.
    But it's easier said than done since it's like creating a machine out of metal scraps compared to others who just assemble a machine from pre-existing parts.

One of the limitation other than energy that I can think of that should be added is that she cannot create stuff beyond her own understanding. House of M: Civil War, for example, explained the history of HoM AU, it's not a Utopia like Bendis claimed to be, it had a rough history. Things created will still have to make sense for Wanda herself.(Or whoever hijacked her power, like Morgan.)
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 08-16-2019 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Changing random stuff is reality warping.
    Not only world/universe scale changing count as RW.

A TK user may vary from lifting a ball or a planet, TP user from reading a single mind to mindwiping billions, but they still count as TK/TP users.
    Reality Warping refers to the type and mechanism, not necessarily the level.

Yes, by that defination magic that involves outsource/extra-dimensional energy would all count as RW of some sort.
    My personal take is that Chaos Magic comapred to other magics are that it is more primordial and basic that can shape into anything.(Using raw material)
    While other magic is like using already existing part.
    Changing random stuff isn't reality warping it's matter manipulation. Reality Warping is warping reality, Jim Jaspers is a reality warper, Sersi isn't. Reality warping involves warping reality itself, not one aspect.

Extraordinary Member

An effect can be achieved by certain means.
    Wanda is shown to mass warping Realtiy before and it's said it's not really Morgan's power by Agatha.
    And really, what is so bad about RW? It's automatically associated with toxic OP stuff, but really it's just a power with its own trope and in comics she already got a clear set of rules before.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 08-17-2019 at 04:58 AM.

The problem is writers don't always stick those rules. So she always risks being a plot device as long as reality warping is associated. Editorial would have make an effort to keep her powers reasonable. I think it's still on a different scale. Since not all magic users are labeled reality warpers.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The problem is writers don't always stick those rules. So she always risks being a plot device as long as reality warping is associated. Editorial would have make an effort to keep her powers reasonable. I think it's still on a different scale. Since not all magic users are labeled reality warpers.
    Well, there is the thing called "What they actually do VS What people think they do".
    And honestly the motivation behind Bendis using Wanda of all people Avengers Dissembled/House of M might be mostly John Byrne introducing a poor man's Jean Grey 2.0 version of Wanda than her power being about RW.
    AD really can have anyone to wreck the **** up, and Wanda would probably be killed like Clint and Scott.

Ultimate Member

Definitely. She had an *awesome* powerset with her 'bad luck bolts' since, according to the old Marvel Handbooks, she had practiced with them enough that she could reliably choose the results *for a couple of hours* before fatigue began to impair her performance. (So no 'accidentally' giving someone a stroke, when she just wants their gun to jam, or have some poor schlep get hit by a bus when all she wanted was him to get a muscle cramp or something...)

There are a million things that can go wrong. And she gets to pick one and make it happen to you... (Or even something could go right, like a billboard overhead that may have gotten tagged earlier in the fray, suddenly falling over just in time to block an attack coming at some civilians.)

Bad luck bolts. It's simple AF to explain, super-effective, and *fun,* since the writer gets to come up with ridiculously implausible Rube Goldberg things to happen to people she hexes, like something out of the Final Destination movies (just not as gory, generally...). And if she *does* want to go there, such as during a Skrull invasion or something, she can always start handing out fatal strokes like they are door prizes and she's Oprah. "And *you* get a stroke. And *you* get a stroke. And you've super-annoyed me, so you get incurable hiccups, a charleyhorse in every limb, six seconds apart, and *then* a stroke!"

Toss on some minor magic she's learned over the years, like a spell to change her clothes, the skill to sense and track and identify magical auras, some limited levitation (we prefer 'stately' or 'majestic' to 'slow' or 'weak') or self and feeble telekinetic or candle-lighting tricks, and minor truthtelling / glamor type spells, and she's good to go.

Extraordinary Member

Welp, Bad Luck Bolts have their days but it doesn't fit grander lore like Chthon stuff.
    I mean an ancient evil entity gave a her a fraction of his power so she can do that?
    It's enough for Avengers story but not enough to build up enough dramatic struggle for herself IMO.
    Both too basic or too OP don't serve her character.

I'm happy with the can't do that whole reality warp and change everything unless she taps into a much higher power. Until then is very effective but not too op. And only use the higher power sparingly. And not to use her as a plot device.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

This is one of the best MCU Wanda tributes I've seen.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

‘Doctor Strange In The Multiverse of Madness’ Confirmed For England Production Shoot – Expected To Return To Pinewood Studios UK
    https://hnentertainment.co/doctor-st...tudios-uk/amp/

The upcoming WandaVision Disney+ series is expected to have direct ties into the Doctor Strange sequel, as Elizabeth Olsen’s Scarlet Witch will be co-starring alongside Benedict Cumberbatch’s Doctor Strange. The series will introduce us to an adult version of Monica Rambeau played by Teyonah Parris.

Director Scott Derrickson promised at San Diego Comic-Con that the film will be the first MCU horror film. A potential nod to Nightmare being the big bad of the film.

There were some character rumors circulating that Brother Voodoo and Clea might also appear in the film. Derrickson has suggested in the past the Voodoo has a good shot of showing up.

The January production start might hinge on when Oslen completes filming on the WandaVision series (shows normally take longer than film productions to complete) and if Eternals wraps-up by then. Pushing the start into February-March wouldn’t be hard to imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    ‘Doctor Strange In The Multiverse of Madness’ Confirmed For England Production Shoot – Expected To Return To Pinewood Studios UK
    https://hnentertainment.co/doctor-st...tudios-uk/amp/

The upcoming WandaVision Disney+ series is expected to have direct ties into the Doctor Strange sequel, as Elizabeth Olsen’s Scarlet Witch will be co-starring alongside Benedict Cumberbatch’s Doctor Strange. The series will introduce us to an adult version of Monica Rambeau played by Teyonah Parris.

Director Scott Derrickson promised at San Diego Comic-Con that the film will be the first MCU horror film. A potential nod to Nightmare being the big bad of the film.

There were some character rumors circulating that Brother Voodoo and Clea might also appear in the film. Derrickson has suggested in the past the Voodoo has a good shot of showing up.

The January production start might hinge on when Oslen completes filming on the WandaVision series (shows normally take longer than film productions to complete) and if Eternals wraps-up by then. Pushing the start into February-March wouldn’t be hard to imagine.
    I'd love to see both Clea and Brother Voodoo.

Extraordinary Member

I'm happy with the can't do that whole reality warp and change everything unless she taps into a much higher power. Until then is very effective but not too op. And only use the higher power sparingly. And not to use her as a plot device.
    Yeah, that is the whole idea.
    It also adds potential for teamwork ( usually Simon, but I think they could expand on that by pairing Wanda with other energy based character for some combos.)
    While "pulling energy from all the teammates for a grand show down" is nice, I think Wanda can have a more regular battle partner.
    Also there could be story points like she carries Darkhold pages or some other artifacts around for temporary power boost/buff. (While Wanda is not like Stephen, I think she could carry one personal artifact or something for a change.)

Extraordinary Member

Speaking of which, if Wanda is to carry one mystical artifact, what kind do you think it should be?(And also the function, lore, etc behind it.)
    I had this idea that Wanda could have a page of Darkhold scripts transfered to her skin like Modred did. It can serve as temporary power source and offer some protection. ( Darkhold being indestructible)
    It can also be stuff like a ring, a amulet, or maybe a dagger?(Well, a magical dagger dealing certain finishing blows for some Mystical creatures hard to kill.)
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 08-18-2019 at 02:37 AM.

I'd love to see both Clea and Brother Voodoo.
    Well Daniel Drumm did make a cameo in Dr. Strange 1, so Jericho could appear

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Speaking of which, if Wanda is carry one mystical artifact, what kind do you think it should be?(And also the function, lore, etc behind it.)
    I had this idea that Wanda could have a page of Darkhold scripts transfered to her skin like Modred did. It can serve as temporary power source and offer some protection. ( Darkhold being indestructible)
    It can also be stuff like a ring, a amulet, or maybe a dagger?(Well, a magical dagger dealing certain finishing blows for some Mystical creatures hard to kill.)
    I'm not sure what it would be, but I think it could be some kind of jewelerry as she has born jewellery with her costumes on occasions