Page 52 of 63 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by askani_son View Post
    First Look: The Prequel to ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’.

Chris Claremont and Salvador Larroca present ‘Uncanny X-Men #140.5,’ the prelude chapter to the famous X-event.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...of-future-past

Attachment 101906
    too bad it appears it will only be available in the very expensive hardcover Claremont book

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Chris Claremont and Salvador Larroca present ‘Uncanny X-Men #140.5,’ the prelude chapter to the famous X-event.

Attachment 101906
    Did Salvador Larroca homage the provocative Manara Spider Woman cover?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Fantastic Member

Kurt should be dead in DOFP.

Attachment 101906
    Rachel looks BADASS in that top panel

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    too bad it appears it will only be available in the very expensive hardcover Claremont book
    Yes, I was thinking the same thing.

Also, I believe more than 1 issue is required. There is so much pre-quel that could be told, it would be nice if done properly.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    Rachel looks BADASS in that top panel
    I believe it’s time to bring back Rachel’s ponytail and spikes. She looks glorious in her hound outfit.

Fantastic Member

ugh I don't like larocca's art. I wish it was drawn by someone else.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, I was thinking the same thing.

Also, I believe more than 1 issue is required. There is so much pre-quel that could be told, it would be nice if done properly.
    I feel like a mini would be most appropriate vs 1 issue in this large book especially since we all know that Claremont is going to ruin this. So maybe it's better off hiding in a really expensive book vs being a one-shot prequel. Here are my issues ALREADY:

1) Having an updated 'Red' costume for Jean's picture, as well as some of the others, already taints this for me. And Illyana shouldn't look this way, and Wolverine is not dead.
    2) Kurt should be dead already. Both he and Amanda were killed early on. Already some nonsense in this prequel.
    3) WTF IS BISHOP HERE???? BISHOP ISN'T FROM 616 AND WASN'T EVEN BORN FOR ANOTHER 30 YEARS IN HIS OWN TIMELINE. Really garbage.
    (It REALLY irks when when Bishop is added to DoFP ANYTHING since he stole that from Rachel for TAS.
    4) Ahab should not be looking like this. He only gets the armor once Rachel royally mains him, as he wasn't in the field prior to that. Which means that this issue has to have her maiming him or leading to it.
    5) Nannites??????
    6) And also why does it say that Rachel has no humanity when we know that she had her humanity, she just hid it in order to use each death or incident to fuel her rage and grief to break free of her conditioning. Why do I think they are going to attribute her breaking free to someone else all of a sudden.....

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I feel like a mini would be most appropriate vs 1 issue in this large book especially since we all know that Claremont is going to ruin this. So maybe it's better off hiding in a really expensive book vs being a one-shot prequel. Here are my issues ALREADY:

1) Having an updated 'Red' costume for Jean's picture, as well as some of the others, already taints this for me. And Illyana shouldn't look this way, and Wolverine is not dead.
    2) Kurt should be dead already. Both he and Amanda were killed early on. Already some nonsense in this prequel.
    3) WTF IS BISHOP HERE???? BISHOP ISN'T FROM 616 AND WASN'T EVEN BORN FOR ANOTHER 30 YEARS IN HIS OWN TIMELINE. Really garbage.
    (It REALLY irks when when Bishop is added to DoFP ANYTHING since he stole that from Rachel for TAS.
    4) Ahab should not be looking like this. He only gets the armor once Rachel royally mains him, as he wasn't in the field prior to that. Which means that this issue has to have her maiming him or leading to it.
    5) Nannites??????
    6) And also why does it say that Rachel has no humanity when we know that she had her humanity, she just hid it in order to use each death or incident to fuel her rage and grief to break free of her conditioning. Why do I think they are going to attribute her breaking free to someone else all of a sudden.....
    I think this was Claremont's idea to get $200 bucks from fans during this time of Pandemic upheaval and difficult times for so many.

Reading the original story, I remember thinking that it could stand alone as written, but I had so many more questions and wanting to see what had transpired previously to DoFP.

I am not sure what Earth Bishop is from, but remember Rachel, and DoFP is E-811, not 616 (point #3). I mean, was there a Bishop on E-811?

Yeah, I agree, Rachel was a "normal" child until her parents, teacher and friends were killed while her school was bombed by the army and she was taken hostage and abused. Along the way, Rachel burried her true self, feelings, even memories so as to not be overwhelmed with grief while being forced to do Ahab's bidding and trying to break the conditioning and slave collar while not alerting Sentinels and Ahab. A lot was on the poor girl!

5) Nannites??????
    Theres enough dis-continuity that I'm hoping we are looking at some kind of EXILES type Cross-Time Caper.
    Even the move from "Slain/Apprehended" to "Dead/Captured" simply lacks any finesse.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I am not sure what Earth Bishop is from, but remember Rachel, and DoFP is E-811, not 616 (point #3). I mean, was there a Bishop on E-811?
    Lucas Bishop is from Earth-1191. He was born sometime after 2030, which is after the Summers Rebellion. He would not have a true 811 counterpart at all as DoFP takes place around 2013 in 811. I take HUGE issue with it as Bishop has been continually marketed commercially as someone from this timeline in movies and TV, when they inserted him because Rachel would require a longer backstory to explain. Also "guns". He has seen more success outside of comics because of this and it's annoying because writers stole Rachel's narrative and gave it to him while she gets no credit r screentime. So for him to show up in the comics in DoFP and is likely going to be part of the reason why she gets freed from Ahab's control....NO MA'AM. EFF THAT
    Last edited by Askani's Flame; 11-03-2020 at 08:52 AM.

Lucas Bishop is from Earth-1191. He was born sometime after 2030, which is after the Summers Rebellion. He would not have a true 811 counterpart at all as DoFP takes place around 2013 in 811. I take HUGE issue with it as Bishop has been continually marketed commercially as someone from this timeline in movies and TV, when they inserted him because Rachel would require a longer backstory to explain. Also "guns". He has seen more success outside of comics because of this and it's annoying because writers stole Rachel's narrative and gave it to him while she gets no credit r screentime. So for him to show up in the comics in DoFP and is likely going to be part of the reason why she gets freed from Ahab's control....NO MA'AM. EFF THAT
    Aw, thanks. I am not a Bishop fan and did not know where the ---he came from, lol!

Yeah, I see your point.

Bishop even "pirated" an old X-Men video game where they had a youngster the X-Men rescued who actually talked among a bunch of other rescued NPCs. This lil boy carried a "Bishop" piece with him for good luck and responded "gosh" when the X-Men suggested he was a mutant the way the Sentinels were eying him and that when he grew up, he might even be an X-Man himself.

Fantastic Member

I want Rachel and Bishop to interact more, both being from futures and all. I was excited when they were on a team together. I kinda hoped they would hook up...
    Last edited by Tunasammiches; 11-04-2020 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    I want Rachel and Bishop to interact more, both being from. futures and all. I was excited when they were on. a team together. I kinda hoped they would hook up...

Rachel and kitty forever

Fantastic Member

so is x-factor done in the x of swords crossover? they got one issue, that's it? I feel like there was no real reason for lorna and team to be involved in this at all other than to tie that one issue into the event for sales.