Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Is it wrong that I still believe there may be hope for Mineta and that the aftermath of this war arc may lead to positive changes to his character?
    Now that the arc is winding down I'm very interested in seeing what state of mind everybody will be in. Especially the main class, including Mineta, and of them I'm mainly intereted in how Deku, Ochako, Shoto and Tokoyami are processing everything that's happened and been revealed.

Power Rangers Theory back In The MMPR Days!

A good chunk of their classmates and the Juice Bar usuals knew who the Rangers were, they just didn't say anything and let them carry on. Which of course meant poor Bulk and Skull were left out of the loop.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Power Rangers Theory back In The MMPR Days!

A good chunk of their classmates and the Juice Bar usuals knew who the Rangers were, they just didn't say anything and let them carry on. Which of course meant poor Bulk and Skull were left out of the loop.
    Bulk and Skull weren't left out of the loop, they were just not smart enough to figure out what most of the people who knew the Rangers even somewhat socially did... Which is perfectly in-character for old Bulk and Skull.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Bulk and Skull weren't left out of the loop, they were just not smart enough to figure out what most of the people who knew the Rangers even somewhat socially did... Which is perfectly in-character for old Bulk and Skull.
    And stuff like that is why we loved those two goofballs.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

So, you remember how Norrin was, er...dating? Alicia Masters in the old days (which...I had a problem with...I mean, really...do that to my ever lovin' blue eyed Thing? Really?). Like...the bedroom scene with Alicia, how John Holmes did Norrin get, right? I mean, I'm just sayin'...in this world, excess is never enough.

I mean...if I had the power cosmic, I'd be like Starlord...(I'm gonna make some weird ****!).
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

If modern day Batman was filmed doing the Batusi (Adam West Batman dance), frowny face and all, would his reputation as "fear" be tarnished?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    If modern day Batman was filmed doing the Batusi (Adam West Batman dance), frowny face and all, would his reputation as "fear" be tarnished?
    The sight of modern-day Batman doing the Batutsi wouldn't tarnish his reputation as "fear", but enhance it, at least with the mooks and common crooks. Because seeing the man dressed as a bat doing the Batusi, frowny-face and all, would just make them believe he's more unhinged and psychotic than they already do.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    The sight of modern-day Batman doing the Batutsi wouldn't tarnish his reputation as "fear", but enhance it, at least with the mooks and common crooks. Because seeing the man dressed as a bat doing the Batusi, frowny-face and all, would just make them believe he's more unhinged and psychotic than they already do.
    Aw, but what if a villain managed to turn his cowl and cape pink? Would he be like the Adam West Batman, who apparently had only one costume and wouldn't go out in public because seeing him like that would forever make him a laughing stock? Or would even that work in his favor?

What if the Joker launched a scheme to get photos of the high school basketball team drinking alcohol at a party to disqualify them and cause them to have to default the next basketball game, a game for which he had bet heavily on the other team in the Gotham underground betting pool? Would that make him a joke or enhance his rep for being bonkers?
    Power with Girl is better.

Talentless Nana.

This might be venting, but eh. Considering he knows for a fact that Nana is basically a serial killer, why doesn't Kyouya just smack her one?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Talentless Nana.

This might be venting, but eh. Considering he knows for a fact that Nana is basically a serial killer, why doesn't Kyouya just smack her one?
    Because, sadly, he'll risk turning everyone that Nana's befriended against him without concrete evidence to nail her, and he values their friendship(even if they are incredibly naive and kinda stupid). For meta reasons that are disclosed in later manga chapters:spoilers:
    Nana is now actively trying to protect the Talented from the government after discovering that they were never a threat and she and Kyoya have a Batman/Catwoman relationship in development.
    end of spoilers
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Because, sadly, he'll risk turning everyone that Nana's befriended against him without concrete evidence to nail her, and he values their friendship(even if they are incredibly naive and kinda stupid). For meta reasons that are disclosed in later manga chapters:spoilers:
    Nana is now actively trying to protect the Talented from the government after discovering that they were never a threat and she and Kyoya have a Batman/Catwoman relationship in development.
    end of spoilers
    Oh now she cares.

Well, nice to see gets some character development eventually.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Oh now she cares.

Well, nice to see gets some character development eventually.
    Yeah, and you actually got me interested enough to follow the manga after giving me the basic premise of the series. And FYI, Nana's boss is an absolute psychopath and I'm half-convinced he's the father of Junko Enoshima.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Yeah, and you actually got me interested enough to follow the manga after giving me the basic premise of the series. And FYI, Nana's boss is an absolute psychopath and I'm half-convinced he's the father of Junko Enoshima.
    Well now. Happy to help.

For real Len, I really hope you enjoy it.

*Looks at Nana.*

*Looks at Junko.*

*Looks at the island.*

*Looks at Hope's Peak.*

Ohhhhh I get it now!

Nana's job was to eliminate the Supers to keep them from interfering with Junko's end of the world despair plan! Nana would wipe out the Superpowered Talented while Junko would turn the Genius Talented into her pawns to f-k over the world, then their boss/Junko's dad would swoop in with their Nebulously Evil Organization Of Doom, whom I'm now convinced is SEELE, and take over everything when the dust settles!

EDITYEDIT: Thinking it over some more, her boss isn't SEELE.

It's All For One.

It's all a distant prequel to MHA and Nana and Junko just cleared the path for him to start his takeover.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Aw, but what if a villain managed to turn his cowl and cape pink? Would he be like the Adam West Batman, who apparently had only one costume and wouldn't go out in public because seeing him like that would forever make him a laughing stock? Or would even that work in his favor?

What if the Joker launched a scheme to get photos of the high school basketball team drinking alcohol at a party to disqualify them and cause them to have to default the next basketball game, a game for which he had bet heavily on the other team in the Gotham underground betting pool? Would that make him a joke or enhance his rep for being bonkers?
    That's the kind of stuff Joker should be doing, rather than running orphans through stump grinders.

So, if Aerrow from Storm Hawks is the son of Lightning Storm, does that make his name AERROW STORM?
    There is no "overkill". There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload.".

I like to think the 90s was the time when comics hit puberty. They’d grown out of being endearing but hadn’t yet figured out where to channel their emotions to not be utterly whiny cocks. -Beadle