Page 602 of 865 FirstFirst ... 102502552592598599600601602603604605606612652702 ... LastLast
Results 9,016 to 9,030 of 12974

Just got my first artist ed and was wondering about this very problem of how to display it. :P

Did they every re-release the hardcover of Elephantmen volume 2 to match Vol 0, 1, and 3-6? Looking at my shelf and just noticed(and remembered) the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Did they every re-release the hardcover of Elephantmen volume 2 to match Vol 0, 1, and 3-6? Looking at my shelf and just noticed(and remembered) the difference.
    I sold my elephantmen but if memory serves vols 1 and 2 had different spines to 0, 3, 4, 5 and 6 but you could order matching dust jackets for vols 1 and 2 off the elephantmen website (if you live in the states) I tried to get them for a while (I live in the UK) but a few emails passed back and forth between me and whoever wrote it (name escapes me) but I never did get the new covers.

Also I think they re-released vols 1 and 2 to match
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 09-09-2016 at 01:01 AM.

Have they stopped producing the Elephantmen hardcovers?

Havnt seen any in a while. And theyve been doing those Mammoth Edition and the regular sized TPBs so its probably not looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I sold my elephantmen but if memory serves vols 1 and 2 had different spines to 0, 3, 4, 5 and 6 but you could order matching dust jackets for vols 1 and 2 off the elephantmen website (if you live in the states) I tried to get them for a while (I live in the UK) but a few emails passed back and forth between me and whoever wrote it (name escapes me) but I never did get the new covers.

Also I think they re-released vols 1 and 2 to match
    Yeah, I have the re-released volume 1, but I can't find anything about a re-released volume 2

Incredible Member

So I decided to order, Lazarus 1&2, Scalped vol 1, East of West, Sleeper Omnibus, and Black Science. Now to get the Absolute editions in two weeks. Hopefully they don't go out of print by then lol. I will have a little more money to play with then too.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    So I decided to order, Lazarus 1&2, Scalped vol 1, East of West, Sleeper Omnibus, and Black Science. Now to get the Absolute editions in two weeks. Hopefully they don't go out of print by then lol. I will have a little more money to play with then too.

Thanks for the suggestions.
    You're going to love EoW, Lazarus and Black Science.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I apologize if this is wrong spot to ask this question but is there issues with Black Science HC? I'm about to order one my self.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fedor02 View Post
    I apologize if this is wrong spot to ask this question but is there issues with Black Science HC? I'm about to order one my self.
    It's just glued, a result of a rushed "2nd" print to correct some printing errors. Not up to the usual image standards, but not bad enough to tell you not to get it.
    Last edited by awayne83; 09-09-2016 at 06:09 PM.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fedor02 View Post
    The first print was recalled and pulped because of undersized or faded text in the speech bubbles. It was reprinted, but with lower construction quality than the scrapped first print (probably to save money). Not all stores sent their books back for the corrected version.

The first print has a sewn binding and header ribbons. The second print is glued with no ribbons. Some people prefer the first print because they love sewn bindings and the error isn't really so bad (it's certainly readable).

Don't let any of this stop you from buying. There's a 95% chance you'll get the newer printing, particularly if you buy online, and if not the original printing isn't so bad anyway. It's a great book.

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    The first print was recalled and pulped because of undersized or faded text in the speech bubbles. It was reprinted, but with lower construction quality than the scrapped first print (probably to save money). Not all stores sent their books back for the corrected version.

The first print has a sewn binding and header ribbons. The second print is glued with no ribbons. Some people prefer the first print because they love sewn bindings and the error isn't really so bad (it's certainly readable).

Don't let any of this stop you from buying. There's a 95% chance you'll get the newer printing, particularly if you buy online, and if not the original printing isn't so bad anyway. It's a great book.
    I didn't know this at all. I wonder what printing I have....I haven't even opened mine yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Havnt seen any in a while. And theyve been doing those Mammoth Edition and the regular sized TPBs so its probably not looking good.
    That's a damn shame if true.

Has anybody seen the new From Hell HC somewhere? Is there any increase in quality regarding binding, reproduction, etc? It might be the right time to upgrade my paperback.

I mainly ask because IDW's stuff is usually top notch, but am not sure if the "old" Top Shelf HC was also made by IDW.