Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Nice! One of my two favourite Murayama scenes (the other one being his scene with Hyuga right before this one)!

Why does Oya High arrive EVERYWHERE by driving their truck through everything? . I swear, movie after movie....
    Yeah, it's kinda like their thing now. XD

Kohaku vs Genji.

...I swear it's like they were watching Terminator when filming this because no one could shrug off these kind of hits. Now Genji is a top notch above the rest of the guys other than the top 3 but yeah, even he came up short.
    Last edited by Iron_Twister; 10-31-2020 at 10:14 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Kohaku vs Genji.

...I swear it's like they were watching Terminator when filming this because no one could shrug off these kind of hits. Now Genji is a top notch above the rest of the guys other than the top 3 but yeah, even he came up short.
    This is the guy they just could not put down, with insane feats. He walks off that fall and is fine to face everyone a minute later.

In the end it took

spoilers:
    both Amamiya brothers + wrapping chains around their limbs to put him away.
    end of spoilers

Dude is nuts. Fights with him really showcase how tough Kohaku is.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 10-31-2020 at 12:04 PM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Default High&Low: End of Sky

End of Sky feats - will update as I watch. *WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS*

- We have the movie, above, where Kohaku fights Genji.

- Second fight with Genji, Kohaku grabs Genji by the throat and then grabs the blade of Genji's Katana and holds it so tightly in his ungloved hand that he doesn't get cut. Or something like that? O_o Whatever, his hand is apparently uncuttable.

- Car starts speeding away from the fight. After about 20' of pedal-to-the-metal, it passes Tsukumo, Kohaku's best friend who is nonetheless beneath Kohaku and the Amamiya brothers...despite being a guy who shrugs off car crashes, shrugs off getting hit by a car (same fight where he suffers through the car crash) and Captain-America kicks cars so they knock people down (same...fight...after getting hit by a car and being in a car crash). Oh, and being tazed. Tsukumo watches it go by, looking all casual and smoking his cigarette, and disappears off-camera; three seconds later he's back in the frame and catches up to it in a full-on sprint (and, no ****, they do the Six Million Dollar Man sound effect, I kid you not), grabs the corner of the windshield (the frame) and vaults forward, spinning around the front of the car to kick his way in through the front windshield (this is as batshit insane as it sound). He takes out the entire windshield with his kick, not 'foot goes through and he gets stuck in the hole', ends up in the front seat, beats the driver unconscious, kicks him out of the car, and takes control of the car without missing a beat.

[Me] WTH?

Again, it's worth noting that Tsukomo is beneath both the Amamiya brothers and Kohaku. Also, this is him after being out of a year-long coma for a month or so.

- Car chase begins (and bikes). Tsukumo looks in his rearview mirror to see a van gaining on him. Who's that standing on the van, sword in-hand? Why it's Genji. Genji doesn't wait for the van to catch up - no, that's for chumps. When he's still something like 20' behind Tsukumo's car, Genji jumps forward that 20' and lands on the roof of Tsukumo's car.

[Me] I say again: WTH?

With Genji now sitting on the car's hood trying to stab him with a knife, Tsukumo is in a bit of a pickle. Hiroto drives up beside him (on motorcycle0, and Tsukumo gives him the item everyone wants. Hiroto takes off. Determined to prove his earlier jump was not a fluke, Genji leaps from the car - again, FORWARD - and lands on the back of Hiroto's motorcycle (again, easily 20' ahead and accelerating).

[Me] *throws up hands*

At this point I begin to wonder if this should be a Genji Respect Thread.

Tsukumo, who is NOT belted in, then yanks the wheel of his car; it flips over, slides about 40', and smashes through a large metal shed before sliding into some kind of industrial factory. They put a camera in the car for this, presumably with a dummy. It's horrific. Note: I'm fully expecting Tsukumo to be fine after this, and I am not disappointed.

- Genji grabs item. Leaves speeding motorcycle the most logical way possible for him, ie lets himself fall off the back and bounces along the road for a bit. He then gets up, without even a hint of road-rash. He goes to destroy the item....

- 'Screw you, Thanos!' Misaki whips by on his bike to emulate the Silver Surfer's gauntlet grab, and (at high speed) snatches the item out of Genji's hand.

- Tsukumo kicks the door of his mangled car open and climbs out - other than some blood at the corner of his mouth, he's fine (but out of cigarettes, much to his annoyance). I'm starting to wonder how merely getting run over by a speeding SUV a year ago managed to put him in a coma. Must have caught him on an off day.

- Masaki and Hiroto play high-speed sleight of hand with object while on motorbikes to confuse their pursuers. A couple of guys chase each one of them separately, with predictable results (ie, they get trashed).

- Masaki hands item off to Kohaku in the hacker van (hacker is driving the van). Kohaku needs to upload stuff onto the net now. Not so fast! A black van pulls up beside the hacker van, and two guys jump through the open side doors to engage Kohaku with knives. Somehow three more guys are on top of the black van (you never see them there before) and they jump across (points in their favour). Fighting starts. Apparently the three guys on top of the hacker van are multiplying, because inexplicably there are now four. Anyway, they start getting in while Kohaku fights the two who (more intelligently, or perhaps not because they're now fighting Kohaku) jumped into the van. They all have knives. He has his hands. He murders them, kicking them through the back doors of the hacker van so hard it actually tears the doors off their hinges (!!!).

- Hacker van gets rammed by the black van. Kohaku goes flying out the back. SOMEHOW he manages to grab the back bumper of the hacker van, despite going out the (doorless) back ass over teakettle.

- Genji climbs on top of the black van.

[Me] *facepalms*

- Black van attempts to squoosh Kohaku, who is holding on with both hands, but facing up (ie, his rear is getting some serious road-rash right now). Kohaku...flips himself up and over into the hacker van (!!! How?). 'Third time's a charm!' Genji must be thinking, and also must be jumping forward 20' again to catch a speeding vehicle, because an instant later (without seeing how) he's in the hacker van fighting with Kohaku (Genji, wisely, forgoes his katana and sticks with a big-ass tanto inside a van).

- Mysterious fourth man atop the van starts attacking the hacker driving the van. She gets pulled so she's dangling half-out of her door, head about a foot above the road.

- Enter Hiroto and Masaki stage left on motorcycles.

- Masaki pulls up beside the hacker's van. Black van tries to smoosh him and his bike against the hacker's van. Misaki parkours himself off the black van and up the side of the hacker's (it's quite impressive) and kicks mysterious fourth dude off the top of the van. MCU Daredevil is feeling jealous.

- Hiroto drives his motorcycle by with hacker now sitting on his lap. Hiroto looks extremely pleased with himself. Masaki is highly offended, seemingly more by the fact that Hiroto ran off with the hacker than the fact that there is now nobody driving the van upon which he is standing. I am growing concerned with Masaki's priorities.

- In an amusing homage to the 80's, four pursuing vehicles (including black van) flip over each other in rapid succession, ending all pursuit.

- Now the hacker's van is - somehow - on a bridge that leads to a construction area (80's, once again). Masaki gets his rear down into the driver's seat, somehow getting there before THIS van flips and explodes, while Kohaku and Genji continue to exchange pleasantries in the back of the van. Get a room, you two.

- Naturally the brakes are out.

- Masaki starts the upload as the van races toward Certain Doom™. Everyone watching completely understands his frustration when the loading bar stalls at 21%.

- Stuff happens, van goes over the edge with Genji trapped inside, Kohaku and Misaki literally run up the near-vertical floor of the van to leap straight up through the back doors and somehow jump high enough (while starting with a downward velocity) to catch the edge of the bridge.

The entire 'get that item' sequence is basically a giant showcase of 'These People Are Superhuman'.

And yes, Genji lives. O_o

I'm not even going to get into the final fight at the end of the movie - it's a gang fight, a lot happens - other than to say that Rocky, a character a touch below Cobra who is below the three in this thread, takes one of the most savage beatings I've seen in the series.

He gets beaten up by a guy strong enough to pin two grown men against a wall with one hand, holding one of them off the ground. The guy punches him in the face about two dozen times. The guy hits him with a pipe. The guy smashes a bottle on his head, then takes that broken bottle and stabs it all the way through his hand. He throws Rocky headfirst into metal walls. He throws Rocky through a plate glass window. He has two people hold Rocky, and clubs him in the head with a 2' long adjustable wrench (so, basically a mace), baseball bat style.

Rocky pulls himself together, busts the guy up (in fairness, he's dishing out some damage through this, but is on the shorter end of the stick through the fight), and is on his feet when the big fight is over.

Again, Rocky is beneath a guy who is beneath the Amamiyas/Kohaku.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 11-02-2020 at 10:32 AM.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I watched The Road to get a feel for the verse and I'm now watching the movie! This should be fun!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Weird watching that without the musical score.
    Why are we here?

Weird watching that without the musical score.
    Speaking of music, which gang theme was your favorite?

...I'm totally torn between White Rascals or Mugen's theme songs.

Speaking of music, which gang theme was your favorite?

...I'm totally torn between White Rascals or Mugen's theme songs.
    I actually really love them all, but the White Rascals one is for sure my favourite.

Will admit, Oya High’s really suits, and the Rude Boys one works for them. And yeah, Mugen is great, Sannoh...Also very dynamic...even Daruma...and the Amamiyas...

...I cannot choose, I must have them all!!!

Except Mighty Warriors, theirs kinda sucks.
    Why are we here?

I actually really love them all, but the White Rascals one is for sure my favourite.

Will admit, Oya High’s really suits, and the Rude Boys one works for them. And yeah, Mugen is great, Sannoh...Also very dynamic...even Daruma...and the Amamiyas...

...I cannot choose, I must have them all!!!

Except Mighty Warriors, theirs kinda sucks.
    Couldn't agree more. The soundtrack is pretty fun. Even the series theme Higher Ground is on my playlist.

Just wondering if The Worst will get a follow up on and give spoilers:
    Suzuran a theme song as they did with Housen.
    end of spoilers

Couldn't agree more. The soundtrack is pretty fun. Even the series theme Higher Ground is on my playlist.

Just wondering if The Worst will get a follow up on and give spoilers:
    Suzuran a theme song as they did with Housen.
    end of spoilers
    One can always hope. I really am hoping for more; Kuryu isn't finished yet, after all.
    Why are we here?

Default High&Low: Final Mission

*Warning: Contains Spoilers*

Let's start with the factory fight, featuring Tsukumo, the Amamiyas, and Kohaku. They go up against about a hundred guys armed with short swords, knives, 4' long metal bars, and such. All of these men aren't just gang members, they're yakuza enforcers.

The foursome lay waste to everyone in mobs, tearing them apart with ease. Kohaku endures all kinds of blows with metal bars that do...nothing. Similarly Tsukumo. The Amamiyas take less hits because they're faster and more skilled, but they do eat some hits without concern. The four split into two groups, amusingly putting Kohaku with Misaki and Tsukumo with Hiroto.

Kohaku, at one point, grabs a wooden pallet one-handed and swings it around - still one-handed - to hold back literally six or seven grown men. Misaki then does a running kick on it that makes the pallet explode and sends all half-dozen men flying.

Genji, of course, shows up, because there has to be SOME reason for these human wrecking balls to flee. They decide it's time to book and start fighting their way out in their respective pairs (fun watching these former enemies fight in near-perfect synchronization with each other).

At one point, Misaki is separated from the others. They're below him. So he axe-kicks the somewhat rickety floor that is nonetheless holding up him, a couple of other guys, and the rest of the yakuza who are flooding into the room to attack him. The floor...collapses. Note: he doesn't kick through the floor. He kicks it, and like a comic book ground-strike attack, it demos the floor. Everyone falls down to where the other guys are fighting more Yakuza.

I have no idea where the Yakuza keep coming from, frankly, because they're getting mangled - hit so hard they go flying, Kohaku is tossing them into concrete walls like they're nothing, Tsukumo is shoving three to four of them at a time down concrete stairs.

It's interesting to note that despite the proliferation of knives, the four guys are good enough that they NEVER get cut. And the Amamiyas? Are shown consistently dodging attacks from their blind spots.

Kohaku throws people through sets of iron pipes. Masaki kicks through iron pipes in multiples. Tsukumo shoulder-charges a dude and sends him through a set of iron pipes. Iron pipes are getting destroyed by these guy left right and centre.

Finally the two different groups get breathing room.

Masaki and Kohaku have just decided what to do and are turning to separate (part of the plan) and guess who falls from above and lands between them? Genji, of course. There's a tense moment, then Genji heads for Masaki, who gets a goofy look of fear on his face, shouts 'He's after ME!?', and runs.

If there's a goofy character among the top fighters, it's Masaki, though he's plenty serious when warranted.

Fight's over, everyone goes their separate ways. Later on, Masaki shows up to meet Hiroto, who accuses him of being late. Masaki complains 'That guy was persistent!'

For me, escaping The Human Juggernaut Genji is a feat in and of itself.

To continue, the Amamiyas, Kohaku, and a four of the Rude Boys (including Takeshi, Smoky's second, and the dude with the dark red hair, forget his name EDIT: P) bust into a place where the Yakuza have a ton of people from Nameless City locked up. Naturally, the Amamiyas and Kohaku destroy everyone who comes at them, with some more great shots of the Amamiyas dodging attacks coming from their blind side.

The Rude Boys spot the specific guy they're here to find. The red-haired RB, P, is blocked from getting to him by a bunch of Yakuza - about a half-dozen, too many for him to take out quickly. Seeing this, Kohaku picks up a heavyset Yakuza with one hand and...bowls him. Like, throws him underhand, and the guy slides along the ground for a good thirty feet, taking out the Yakuza who are in the RB's path (!!!). <-- This is rather insane.

Kohaku then makes a stirrup of his hand and shouts to P, who runs towards him, puts his foot in Kohaku's hands, and jumps as Kohaku throws him up. P goes about thirty feet in the air, and quite a bit horizontally, before landing.

Everyone gathers together to talk to this guy they want to find, then Genji shows up. The Amamiyas tell everyone to GTFO; they'll take care of Mr. Juggernaut.

Edit: And here's the final fight between the Amamiyas and Genji the Terminator. Note the tactical way they fight him - one person drawing his attacks, the other hitting from the flank or a blind side. You can even see them circling at times, moving around to try to bracket him rather than both of them just standing in front of him and fighting. Then at one point, Hiroto goes straight-up in his face, stays close, and they basically start whaling on each other, and Hiroto holds this guy while Masaki prepares. One of the best parts of this is that after they break his Katana, while he's still reeling and not really understanding what ahppened, he swings at Masaki...and the strike wiffs (due to the sword being half the length, not) and Masaki just keeps walking toward him.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 11-09-2020 at 07:24 AM.
    Why are we here?

Watching Red Rain now! This movie definitely starts off with a bang! The brothers are beasts man.

How would you say they compared to the movie versions of Dragon and Tiger Wong? Pre-Powerups just to be fair.

EDIT: Woah, just saw the part where the bros blitz a bunch of gunmen in close quarters. Nice.

Annnnd they can apparently drive right through the fire of a gas truck explosion.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Kohaku vs Genji.

The Terminator survived that fall too!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Watching Red Rain now! This movie definitely starts off with a bang! The brothers are beasts man.

How would you say they compared to the movie versions of Dragon and Tiger Wong? Pre-Powerups just to be fair.
    If you think the feats are bonzo in Red Rain, wait for End of Sky. No dealing with firearms, however.

Okay. I would say they compare well against Tiger. Tiger would potentially have a small edge in hitting power is my guess - not positive, and if he does it's not at all a big one; the Amamiya brothers are competitive here. I would honestly place them as 'better at fighting groups', because they tend to move through groups, in and around people, etc, whereas Tiger basically stands in place kicking people around as they come at him. But despite that glaring flaw in choreography, Tiger manages just fine, so... It would be a really interesting fight.

Edit: I am now considering Masaki's 'floor stomp', Hiroto's throwing of the dude at the start of Red Rain and casual 'make people spin in the air' punches, and how the two brothers compare to Tsukumo and his insane strength. I figure there's no hitting power difference, going by high-end stuff.

Dragon is clearly above Tiger, and has feats like 'Throws a table-top like Captain America's shield, such that its blunt wooden edge buries itself into wood'. Also, with all of a palm strike to Tiger's heel, he sends Tiger flying...what, 15'? No shame for the Amamiya's that they do not match up with Dragon, either.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 11-02-2020 at 05:32 AM.
    Why are we here?