Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    And it was Bucky who killed him!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Damn. That cuts really deep, bro.

Indeed. Granted, he was still brainwashed as the Winter Soldier at the time, but it was still a harsh fate for Jack. If I recall right, Bucky ended up fighting "Commie Smasher" Cap back when he took over after Steve's seeming death following the end of Civil War, and a lot of "Commie Smasher" Cap's motivation for fighting him was that Bucky killed Jack, who was his partner.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indeed. Granted, he was still brainwashed as the Winter Soldier at the time, but it was still a harsh fate for Jack. If I recall right, Bucky ended up fighting "Commie Smasher" Cap back when he took over after Steve's seeming death following the end of Civil War, and a lot of "Commie Smasher" Cap's motivation for fighting him was that Bucky killed Jack, who was his partner.
    I think the sad part about it at the end was that Jack's mental faculties were going downhill. He overheard a guy with an ice cream truck talking about all the money he made at the local school when it let out and thought he was talking about dealing drugs to kids.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Cap, Falcon and Bucky of course. U.S. Agent, Battlestar, Free Spirit, Diamondback, Vagabond (really want an update on her), D-Man, Nomad (Rikki), Other Falcon (Joaquin) can come along, Patriot (Eli), Justice (Josiah X) and maybe even Protocide and 50s Cap.
    A nice list of characters indeed. One of my favorite Marvel characters is D-Man. God, I miss him.... The last time he appeared in comics was the Ravencroft mini, in which he was turned into a vampire.

Also, he was mentioned in one issue of the recent Champions run, but in that he was utterly ridiculed by the young heroes.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    A nice list of characters indeed. One of my favorite Marvel characters is D-Man. God, I miss him.... The last time he appeared in comics was the Ravencroft mini, in which he was turned into a vampire.

Also, he was mentioned in one issue of the recent Champions run, but in that he was utterly ridiculed by the young heroes.
    Dennis needs some creative love. I did a thing in the Revamp a Hero thread that he should bet the ionic ray treatment like Wonder Man and Atlas. Put him in the 80-85 ton strength range.

I think the sad part about it at the end was that Jack's mental faculties were going downhill. He overheard a guy with an ice cream truck talking about all the money he made at the local school when it let out and thought he was talking about dealing drugs to kids.
    Yeah, that's even harsher, now that you've reminded me.

Cap proves himself to be a one-man wrecking crew as he takes on a different enemy one at a time during the F4 Anniversary Tribute (XD)

Where's that panel with Executioner and Enchantress from?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Where's that panel with Executioner and Enchantress from?
    Same place... Fantastic Four Anniversary Tribute #1 (artwork from Javier Rodriguez):

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-01-2021 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I cried reading this. I was a HUGE Jack Monroe/Nomad fan and reading this was just really sad. It was like Nomad THE END.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I cried reading this. I was a HUGE Jack Monroe/Nomad fan and reading this was just really sad. It was like Nomad THE END.
    I'm very sorry.

Anyone heard future plans to reignite Cap on going? I’d like to see if Sharon and the Daughters of Liberty return, and of course missing the Cap/Rogers run in general. Rumors on writers and artists? Really support what Cantwell did with his stint.

^^^Man, that's all I'm hoping for. A new ongoing for Cap with a decent creative team. Is that too much to ask?

I kind of miss Captain America, the cool action hero. The character has become so hamfisted political nowadays (Cap, and comics in general, were always a little political, just a whole lot more subtly then nowadays, IMHO). Waid and Garney's original run, IMHO, is what Cap should always be like.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I kind of miss Captain America, the cool action hero. The character has become so hamfisted political nowadays (Cap, and comics in general, were always a little political, just a whole lot more subtly then nowadays, IMHO). Waid and Garney's original run, IMHO, is what Cap should always be like.

Peace
    I feel like we've definitely had enough of navel-gazing, stoic, Cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

Peace
    Yeah, at this point Cap shouldn't be doubting himself or his place in America and the world. Remender's first run on Cap summed up who he is perfectly. No matter where he is or when he is, Steve stands for the right of people to live free regardless of who they are.

He's had plenty of stories regarding socio-political issues and I don't have a problem with that. It's when Cap starts doubting himself is what I get tired of.