Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    In the begin of burnside DC said that Barbara age is 21 years but.... Thanks to BURNSIDE EFFECT she is less mature(or she was the last time that I saw one batgirl comic) like one adolescent, I think that Steph and Cass(the adolescents) are more mature than her now.. She need a change..

I think that SHADOW would be a good alias for Cass... no? For her skills.. She can appear and defeat enemies quickly, like a shadow..
    That name would suit her, but there are legal reasons why they can't use it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yes... I forgot him..

That was one old idea that I had before know him in Batman/Shadow.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I do dig it though, or some variation that gives her the whole "Shadow of the Bat" ownership - in all the cool ways you could play with that narratively and artistically, where she's in all black, and hangs out behind Batman and the Bat-Family "like a shadow", always quiet and ninja-esque. But adding a -bat onto it so it's Shadowbat kind of has the same issue Blackbat had (Black Bat itself being another case of "oh right that's somebody else's name!"

But Orphan is pretty bad. And not likely to stay accurate for long. Shiva won't stay dead, to be sure. Cain might not either.

A name that implies black, shadow, and bat, in any variety, is going to be the most aptly descriptive name.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Bleeding Cool, but they have been on the money lately, they even got Bendis on Superman right.
    Ah. I must've missed that article, thanks!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

I like Tomasi, a lot.

But I worry about him taking on Cass. He edited that Beechen atrocity, and well, didn't stop it, so....
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    When I imagine a Tomasi penned 'Robins' book, I imagine Dick and Damian being portrayed as awesome, the latter never facing consequences for more negative actions, Tim being mostly sidelined, Jason being s**t on and Cass and Steph being treated as if they don't exist at all.

No thanks.
    With Tomasi writing it I would at least expect Damian's character development to get acknowledged, so that would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    Under Tynion because he cant give them enough meat but that problem extends to the entire family when Tynion is handling them.
    Under King because he plays favorites. You can tell which characters King doesn't care for.

Who else has used them together? Morrison did fine. Snyder didn't churn out any disaster either.
    Morrison only had them all together for a few pages, though he did write a solid Dick, Tim, and Damian (Jason...eh).

The Robins were just generic entities in a family setting whenever Snyder wrote them, and he always left Damian out and gave Dick the actual character moments.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    This is exactly what happened to me (thinking it was an NTT tale set in the past that played a part in restoring the run to continuity in some shape or form), and I immediately stopped caring once I saw Damian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Was hoping they would get rid of the fake Wally West, but I knew it was a long shot.

Still, giving Damian his own gen is something they should have done from the start.
    He's not really fake Wally West. Now he's the other Wally West (which kind of sounds bad when I phrase it that way...).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He's not really fake Wally West. Now he's the other Wally West (which kind of sounds bad when I phrase it that way...).
    It is such a joke to me that they still have him running around and calling him Wally West. Just change his name and have him be his own original Flash character to be the new Kid Flash instead of a poor fake Wally that they only brought in because of the Flash TV show. I still remember how hard they tried to push him in interviews as being the "real" Wally but no one ever bought that. He is always going to be looked at as the "other" or "fake" Wally, and a poor carry over from the New 52, and that will forever stunt his potential as a character.

I mean how ridiculous would it be to bring in a new Robin and call him Richard Grayson when the real one is actually around? That is the situation we are in now with the two Wallys.

It is such a joke to me that they still have him running around and calling him Wally West. Just change his name and have him be his own original Flash character to be the new Kid Flash instead of a poor fake Wally that they only brought in because of the Flash TV show. I still remember how hard they tried to push him in interviews as being the "real" Wally but no one ever bought that. He is always going to be looked at as the "other" or "fake" Wally, and a poor carry over from the New 52, and that will forever stunt his potential as a character.

I mean how ridiculous would it be to bring in a new Robin and call him Richard Grayson when the real one is actually around? That is the situation we are in now with the two Wallys.
    I think Wally II has grown to become more of a distinctive character from OG Wally, especially in how he relates to and works with Barry, and I think he's grown past a lot of the issues he had during the New 52.

I’ve tried to give the character a chance but I just can’t get fully behind him when he’s still called Wally West. It’s really holding the character back in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Wally II has grown to become more of a distinctive character from OG Wally, especially in how he relates to and works with Barry, and I think he's grown past a lot of the issues he had during the New 52.
    And he could still be that same character but have his own name. It would give him more room to grow.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    This is exactly what happened to me (thinking it was an NTT tale set in the past that played a part in restoring the run to continuity in some shape or form), and I immediately stopped caring once I saw Damian.
    Great minds...

And he could still be that same character but have his own name. It would give him more room to grow.
    So you think he should use his middle name, Rudolph?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Reposted from another thread:

"Damian get a TT team built with new fresh faces and/or his generation is what should have happened in the last volume. Granted they would have to take some obscure characters and make them Damian's age or just create a bunch of new ones so I understood why they stuck with BB, Raven etc.

It's better late than never tho but without seeing the rest of the roster I can't really get excited. NuWally was better off with Deathstroke and team defiance and hasn't really stood out since.

I guess they might do a love triangle between Emiko, NuWally, and Damian but that could be just the budding writer in me talking. "

With NuWally making him kid flash again was pretty stupid to me. He should been a young adult like dick and roy and have a history offscreen. Now that they brought in OG Wally he just feels like a waste. So atleast giving him a different both in his civilian life and as a hero could help.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Finally seems they did the right decision. Damian should lead his generation and leave Kory, Raven and Gar to Dick's.
    I'm very happy to have Emiko in the team along with Damian, I've always thought this relationship could be explosive.

Now give us back the original Titans and Young Justice and I can be satisfied.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Finally seems they did the right decision. Damian should lead his generation and leave Kory, Raven and Gar to Dick's.
    I'm very happy to have Emiko in the team along with Damian, I've always thought this relationship could be explosive.

Now give us back the original Titans and Young Justice and I can be satisfied.
    Yeah but she got more than a few inches over him I can't see a date between a midget and a giant working out.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he