Page 364 of 376 FirstFirst ... 264314354360361362363364365366367368374 ... LastLast
Results 5,446 to 5,460 of 5630
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Doesn't really sound like much progression to me.
    Well, there is the Hunter angle now. Which is probably going to be put on hold given Wally ends up at Sanctuary. Kinda makes me wonder how Wally goes from being resolved to finding answers to going to Sanctuary next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    Well Wally's time in the sun didn't last long. If he won't be able to be the fastest man alive, I'd rather he get a new identity, anything over having to hear the bad Barry fans gloat.
    They should just give him an honorable death. The whole "carrot dangling" in front of fans have gotten old. He has no book (really don't think Walker is going to write him), no team, nothing...It seems like they just use him as a cheap selling gimmick in the Fresh New Event because they know Wally has fans to support wherever he appears.

Of course this is pretty insulting and cheap but it has been the same thing ever since Barry came back (and maybe slightly before with Bart Flash crap). Realistically fans should give up on the character until there is a shake up within higher ups. Otherwise it's going to be disappointment over and over again.

But really, couldn't even let it last a day Williamson? Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    They should just give him an honorable death. The whole "carrot dangling" in front of fans have gotten old. He has no book (really don't think Walker is going to write him), no team, nothing...It seems like they just use him as a cheap selling gimmick in the Fresh New Event because they know Wally has fans to support wherever he appears.
    At least they didn't Parallax him.

Which... honestly could have been pretty epic. Wally becomes holds a grudge against Barry, losing the kids pushes him over the edge... Wally becomes the new Reverse Flash. Now Barry has to fight someone that A) He really doesn't want to fight... and B) knows all of his methods and 'Flash Facts'....

It COULD have been a great combination of Parallax/Superboy Prime and Red Hood. The student vs. Mentor intent on brining back HIS universe...

There's some story there... but I know I hated it when the screwed over Hal for 10 years like that. Still... my minds racing now...

He is a murder suspect in HiC, if you like that.

Nah... These books like to show off just how powerful he is and how terrible it'd be if the other heroes had to stop him.... but what if it REALLY happened??

Which actually was one of my LEAST favorite things about Flash War... The whole race tearing apart the world like that was garbage. Two speedsters going superfast and battling around the entire world instantaneously... is pretty much what happens ALL THE TIME in Flash books. Whatever else they were doing, they hadn't gone back in time... and they hadn't entered the Speed Force... so we already know they HAVE GONE FASTER in the past. But EVERY Zoom/Reverse Flash/Savitar etc, appearance always has them racing around the whole world beating the crap out of each other without threating to destroy the whole world before.

It's just a 'rules changing' thing on the level of Flashpoint. Punishing Flashes for being Flashes...

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post

Which... honestly could have been pretty epic. Wally becomes holds a grudge against Barry, losing the kids pushes him over the edge... Wally becomes the new Reverse Flash. Now Barry has to fight someone that A) He really doesn't want to fight... and B) knows all of his methods and 'Flash Facts'....

It COULD have been a great combination of Parallax/Superboy Prime and Red Hood. The student vs. Mentor intent on brining back HIS universe...

There's some story there... but I know I hated it when the screwed over Hal for 10 years like that. Still... my minds racing now...
    And people complained (still do?) when I created this thread way back in December (of 2017):
    What to do with orig. Wally West: Why not make him Flash-Prime?
    http://community.comicbookresources....im-Flash-Prime

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And people complained (still do?) when I created this thread way back in December (of 2017):

LOL!

I actually think it would be poor writing for him NOT be at odds with pretty much this whole world. As many alternate realities and alternate timelines and worlds that Wally has seen... Why would he be convinced this is the 'Real' world? Why WOULDN'T he be doing everything he could to vibrate, shift, or run back to his 'real' world where his family undoubtedly are?

Having Wally show up in Nu52/rebirth earth isn't that diffenent from him showing up in JLA: the Nail or some other elseworlds from Wally's point of view. Just accepting that it IS your world but something changed everything.... that seems out of character. (Especially after the whole de-aging of Iris and Barry) Still not sure how that works with Bart coming back... Did they no longer go into the future and raise him before Crisis... It's just... sloppy.

But yeah having a Wally do anything and everything to break the barrier to get him home and away from this world would be interesting because whether he's actually wrong or right it would be a compelling direction for him.

Fantastic Member

And people complained (still do?) when I created this thread way back in December[SIZE=1] (of 2017)
    Because it is a ridiculous and terrible idea. One pitched by a person whose motivation has been made all too clear...

I, unfortunately, have grown to hate Wally West's character, and not because of any stories I read. Wally fans and the anti-Barry venom of a few of them just made Wally toxic for me
    You only want Wally to go all evil so you can laugh at his fans. Which is fine and all, but it makes me wonder why you are in the "Wally West Appreciation Thread" if you hate the character so. I enjoy your other posts for the most part, but when it comes to Wally-related things, your bias certainly gets in the way.
    Last edited by Rend20; 07-12-2018 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    Because it is a ridiculous and terrible idea. One pitched by a person whose motivation has been made all too clear...
    You do realize the only reason I brought it up just now was because of what phantom1592 had posted about Wally?
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post

So please don't jump down my throat!

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

tumblr_nrb0uj1UQA1sakryyo3_1280.jpg

Greg Larocque is still one of the best Wally artists.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    tumblr_nrb0uj1UQA1sakryyo3_1280.jpg

Greg Larocque is still one of the best Wally artists.
    Yup.
    The title was blessed with great artists pretty much the entire run.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

https://www.cbr.com/josh-williamson-...r-interview/2/

... We’re going to get through a lot in the next issues, which are going to explore a little bit of the new course — it’s all about Wally and what Wally is going through, post-war. I don’t think it’s secret what’s happening with Wally after this, and what book he’s going into — so you can, you know, you can fill in the blanks. Then, [Flash] #52 through 57 are all about the new Forces and realizing how dangerous they are.

At the end of “Flash War,” Hunter Zolomon is still out there, he’s still at large. What’s next for him? And what’s next for Wally and Barry?

Hunter has a plan. Hunter has a lot of stuff he needs to do and that’ll all be explored — It’ll be a while, though, because I really want to focus on some other stuff in the book. And I think moving forward with Barry especially — Barry’s still the Flash but right now, but the stuff that I’m writing for him — it’s been gearing up for a really long time, trying to solidify who Barry is and what separates him from Wally.
    I think showing you different ideas of who the Flashes are is a big part of it. In #50, we see that Wally is the fastest man alive, but he got there because of Barry inspiring and motivating him. That says something about both characters, and that’s a testament to Barry, that he’s the character that inspires you. That’s what make him the Flash, that’s what separates him from everyone else.

Before I let you go, can you tease anything we can expect to see coming up?

Things are going to slow down a little bit with the new Forces arc coming up against everything but then, by issue 58, we’re just going to ramp up. I look at everything, and I’m like, “Oh, my God, this story is getting bigger and bigger.” The villain that we introduced at the end of 50, that’s going to be a big, big player. The quest for Barry to become the fastest man alive again will be a big part of the story.
    Ugh. Can we not just let Wally be fastest until the new Flash comes along? In my eyes, The Flash is about moving forward and building on what -- and who -- has come before. Besides it being a big character moment for Wally when he surpassed Barry in speed in "The Return of Barry Allen", but it also set a trend. I know you can make them too fast, but I like that the most recent Flash is somehow better than the previous. I mean, if Bart became the Flash again, I'd like him to surpass Wally in some way. If not sheer speed, then maybe some new powers or using them better.

Plus, I just hate the notion that Barry has to be the best at everything. I like the idea that his inspiration is his greatest strength. It's something I didn't realise until Hunter mentioned it. Barry's legacy is what defines him as the Flash, and I don't know, it annoys me that DC are adamant on making him the best at everything as well.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

I find it weird that he's apparently one of the main characters in HiC. With the apparent murder, it suits Barry much, much more -- plus, Barry wasn't in Identity Crisis. I like Wally a lot, but... huh? I mena, I doubt he's a murder suspect; I get the feeling he's one of the investigators. But why him? I mean, apparently everyone is somehow dead in HiC, but I find it hard to take that literally.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    I mean, apparently everyone is somehow dead in HiC, but I find it hard to take that literally.
    But, if it's Tom King writing it, no plot possibilities, no matter how absurd or stupid, should be beyond the realm of belief.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

I want Wally's friendship with Pied Piper reinstated already. They need to meet. If it means breaking up Piper and Singh, fine. I just hate how Piper has been sidelined.