Page 637 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 137537587627633634635636637638639640641647687737 ... LastLast
Results 9,541 to 9,555 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    T'challa must have the largest fanbase of people that don't care about him ever. We should probably get with times and change the thread title to Wakanda appreciation. Ridley's book probably got delayed to add more wakanda

No wonder Doom is always dunking on him.
    No way.
    This has and always should be a thread about Black Panther aka T'Challa. Talking about wakanda here is the same.

T'Challa ranked 9th in the top 10 Superhero characters in the USA
    The character of Wakanda didn't rank at all

https://www.superherohype.com/comics...mpression=true
    Last edited by Ekie; 07-28-2021 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    LOL come-on now y'all. Let's not get worked up over this. Just wait.

A casket? LOL. Them toys gonna be flying off the racks.. but seriously, don't get worked up of rando internet nonsense. Take a page from Digis book
    I can understand them doing T’challa’s funeral and having a casket. Remember part of this is about honoring Chadwick Boseman as well. With the MCU building towards secret wars and introducing a multiverse , I think we’ll see T’challa in the sequel or introduced in future projects. But before they did any of that I think they wanted to use this movie to pay respects to Chadwick, and honestly dude deserves that.

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    I can understand them doing T’challa’s funeral and having a casket. Remember part of this is about honoring Chadwick Boseman as well. With the MCU building towards secret wars and introducing a multiverse , I think we’ll see T’challa in the sequel or introduced in future projects. But before they did any of that I think they wanted to use this movie to pay respects to Chadwick, and honestly dude deserves that.
    But killing the character off is not a way to honor him in my honest opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    But killing the character off is not a way to honor him in my honest opinion.
    Exactly. All that’s gonna do is reopen a wound. And if they wanted to have a story about T’Challa being dead so damn badly, there was nothing stopping them from setting the movie during the blip. Heck I think most people would’ve excused Shuri being retconned to survive the snap given the circumstances. Oh well, it’s variant or bust at this point.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

This could be anything. Could be a flashback from when he died in IW. Could be a dream sequence. Could be a multiverse thing, fakeout scene, or it could be real. I think we just need to wait and see what happens without losing our composure over this.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    This could be anything. Could be a flashback from when he died in IW. Could be a dream sequence. Could be a multiverse thing, fakeout scene, or it could be real. I think we just need to wait and see what happens without losing our composure over this.
    A small part of me is hoping you’re right. But those interviews by the cast saying how emotional they got reading the script, it seems pretty on the nose. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

That sounds....great. Have T'Challa disappear and then have someone tell Shuri about her and T'Challa's "funerals"

Although thats probably giving them to much credit to be that creative. Either way....word to MoS....this is my last post for a good while posting stuff about the film. Does us no good for something we cant control thats nearly a year away.

It's true that this could be set between IW & EG with Shuri being alive can easy retcon. But it seems like wishful thinking at this point but we'll find out once the official synopsis gets release.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    That sounds....great. Have T'Challa disappear and then have someone tell Shuri about her and T'Challa's "funerals"

Although thats probably giving them to much credit to be that creative. Either way....word to MoS....this is my last post for a good while posting stuff about the film. Does us no good for something we cant control thats nearly a year away.
    Gee Star Wars, Ghostbuster & Fantastic Four thought that and we saw the results.

We do have some control-not seeing the movie. Let the Echo chamber watch and in their case do the gymnastic routines that Simone Biles could NOT do in NOT watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    No way.
    This has and always should be a thread about Black Panther aka T'Challa. Talking about wakanda here is the same.

Thank you for posting this list. I’m really interested in stuff like that.

Since I have no intention of watching this movie, I will not be fazed by any development unless it is the return of T'Challa.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I dont think he will be killed off. however if he is i expect he returns through some multiverse event later to come.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    No way.

I'm surprised by this list lol. CM ranked 8th? Congrats to CM fans. I'm happy T'Challa made the list

Astonishing Member

Killing T'Challa off makes the most sense. If they leave him alive it all but confirms he'll be brought back and fans will be immediately speculating about when Disney will do it and what the ramifications will be.

Whereas straight up killing T'Challa off leaves some ambiguity about the character's future and produces a greater sense of finality that can be subverted if/when they bring him back. T'Challa getting killed off also packs a bigger emotional punch than having him missing in space or entering self-imposed exile in the jungle.

In deciding not to recast (for now), the #1 thing this movie needs to achieve is powerful metacommentary about the loss of Boseman and how audiences/Wakanda deal with that. The most effective way to do so is to have art match the harsh realities of real life. Then if/when Marvel decides to recast they can do any number of things to bring the character back, like KoTD or the multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    They paid respect to Chad, this ain't it. This is an insult to all the hard work Chad put into the role. His T'Challa legacy (if this is true) is he was King for 2 years, and died 3 times. Chad wanted tchalla to outlive us all and they are going to do some funeral to "honor" him? Maybe they should of taken a note from the FF franchise on how they handled Paul walker's passing. They are literally trying to profit off the mans death and selling it as a tribute and using highlander mindset. The very thing Chad was trying to break in Hollywood. Coogler and co can't see this though because they were pushed to continue on with hardly a schedule delay and making decisions based on emotion. Honor Chad by making a charity in his name to help young kids. That's how you honor him. Chad was more than just T'Challa and the character is not beholden to anyone actor