Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default The right kind of Vibe! - the Cisco Kid appreciation thread.

It's time!

Watch the gif ^ with Theme song - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEDB62oKv2M

So what's the best way to escape a vibrating hand kill....

Get some funk goggles and ...................Booom!

Escape to another dimension vibrating at a different frequency?

Cisco is about to rumble. .........So where is the Kid's on-going series?
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-28-2017 at 05:07 PM.

Been the breakout character of the TV show. When he first had a cameo in Arrow, I thought he was going to be really annoying but he ended up being my favorite

I'd recommend for all how haven't read his 10 issue series to try it out it was pretty fun with ARGUS and all.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

After decades of being a fringe character and something of a cult favorite, Vibe might finally be ready to move up in the DCU.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Vibe's definitely ready, and I like that they made he's abilities powerful enough to take on metahumans that draw from dimensional powers and can still can combat normal threats.

Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Easily the biggest surprise and most impressive upgrade of the New 52. Read it.
    It's all just an opinion. Stop taking me so damn seriously.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Loved Vibe in the JLA and am seriously tempted by his stand-alone title. Only my budget has stopped me in the past.
    Last edited by WillieMorgan; 03-18-2015 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Loved Vibe in the JLA and am seriously tempted by his stand-alone title. Only my budget has stopped me in the past.
    Just an FYI since you aren't getting the show, the Vibe in goggles shot above, is from a sneak peak promo for the entire season.

It actually hasn't happened yet on the show, and the potential implications of it, are pure speculation and fan hope.

Kind of like watching Cisco finish this pull-up, it might never happen. LOL!
    Last edited by Güicho; 03-18-2015 at 12:36 PM.

BANNED

Vibe is officially one of my favorite characters now. I enjoyed his short lived solo series, but it sucks how he's missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    Vibe is officially one of my favorite characters now. I enjoyed his short lived solo series, but it sucks how he's missing.
    He'll be back for the new JLA run, Johns obviously had plans for him with regards to the Multiverse storyline so I'm expecting to see him in Convergence. Just speculation on my part but he is just about the only tool anyone has to detect extra-dimensional beings/incursions, and he's also capable of tracking time travelers.
    It's all just an opinion. Stop taking me so damn seriously.

I hate that they took my joke away and made him less of a joke...

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    I'd recommend for all how haven't read his 10 issue series to try it out it was pretty fun with ARGUS and all.
    Such a great series that made me fall in love with this character. Never in a million years did I think I would enjoy a book featuring Vibe.

Plus I think Cisco has been fantastic on The Flash! So happy to see a Hispanic character who isn't a stereotype who talks like a cholo. He's just a regular nerdy guy who happens to be Hispanic. It doesn't define his character.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Such a great series that made me fall in love with this character. Never in a million years did I think I would enjoy a book featuring Vibe.

Plus I think Cisco has been fantastic on The Flash! So happy to see a Hispanic character who isn't a stereotype who talks like a cholo. He's just a regular nerdy guy who happens to be Hispanic. It doesn't define his character.
    Agreed too often writers put racial stereotypes before characters, Btw didn't George Perez hate the original Vibe because of that problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Agreed too often writers put racial stereotypes before characters, Btw didn't George Perez hate the original Vibe because of that problem?
    I think most people hated the original Vibe for that problem.

I just hope that when/if Jaime Reyes comes back they don't have him say things like "super vatos" and make "ay dios mio!" his only exclamation.
    Don't know if you watch the Daily Show but "Senior Latino Correspondent" Al Madriagal has had some hilarious segments on stereotypes. He would've had a field day with the original Vibe.
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-18-2015 at 01:25 PM.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I think most people hated the original Vibe for that problem.

I just hope that when/if Jaime Reyes comes back they don't have him say things like "super vatos" and make "ay dios mio!" his only exclamation.
    They probably won't. I've often been accused about being overly sanguine about humanity, but I really believe that for the most part, the people hired to write and draw these comics have moved far beyond clumsy ethnic stereotypes. There will be exceptions, but I think they will be exceptions.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014