Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Exactly. "Woke mob" and "cancel culture" just are quick easily accessible labels to slap on and ignore real issues.
    Of course some internet discussion goes crazy. I'm not saying that's good. But at least those people generally have a good cause. What are anti-SJWs fighting for

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I don't think there's any "probably" about it. That's definitely what they're doing.
    Right

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    It’s not tiring at all hearing privileged people use their seemingly endless airtime on the mainstream news media to talk about how they are being “silenced”. I actually hope they never find out what real censorship looks like.
    Quoted for truth.

Imagine what Transgender people are going through with numerous states passing laws against them...or POC voting rights being restricted as we type.

That's what systemic discrimination looks like, that's what systemic racism looks like, that's what real oppression looks like. And it's happening right now in the US, that's why society needs the "SJWs", misguided as some of them might be.

It's a far cry from a couple of dorks complaining about being "silenced" people a couple of folks on social media don't agree with them.

Astonishing Member

I'm really not a fan of race/gender/sexual orientation bending. I rather Hollywood create new IPs instead of making a huge twist on an original concept. To me it's no longer Clark Kent, it's somebody else with the name Superman attached to the film. Just like The Joker really wasn't the Joker. More like Falling Down 2.

Man people have really been triggered about this black Superman thing. Funny thing is that on most forums I'm on including here, reddit, twitter, Facebook, and even some anime and power scaling forums, he response is mostly negative.

Right now on r_DC_Cinematic, there's an hourly "black Superman bad" post yet people want to pretend they are being censored. Where. Even here just look at the "changing race of established DC characters" thread and see the overwhelming opinion.
    Last edited by Gitagon; 05-09-2021 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I'm really not a fan of race/gender/sexual orientation bending. I rather Hollywood create new IPs instead of making a huge twist on an original concept. To me it's no longer Clark Kent, it's somebody else with the name Superman attached to the film. Just like The Joker really wasn't the Joker. More like Falling Down 2.
    Yeah, but you're not allowed to have that opinion because other people are oppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Imagine what Transgender people are going through with numerous states passing laws against them...or POC voting rights being restricted as we type.
    As the rare liberal in a deeply conservative Trump loving state I feel so ashamed of laws like these...when the transgender bathroom issue first came up I heard some people saying crap about how it was just male pedophiles wanting to go into the girls' bathroom to peep. That's some real bigotry right there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    It’s not tiring at all hearing privileged people use their seemingly endless airtime on the mainstream news media to talk about how they are being “silenced”. I actually hope they never find out what real censorship looks like.
    It's already happening. The comments section from various websites have been closed for over a year. Columnists who try to be self-righteous are proven to be in the minority when the majority of comments are against their opinion. There is no such thing as differing opinions. It's either this way or you are a bigot if you go against the liberal viewpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Gitagon View Post
    Man people have really been triggered about this black Superman thing. Funny thing is that on most forums I'm on including here, reddit, twitter, Facebook, and even some anime and power scaling forums, he response is mostly negative. Right now on r_DC_Cinematic, there's an hourly "black Superman bad" post yet people want to pretend they are being censored. Where. Even here just look at the "changing race of established DC characters" thread and
    There's at least two groups of people who are negative about the Superman race bending. Rule of thumb is the ones saying they're being censored usually fall into the group you shouldn't pay attention to.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Yeah, but you're not allowed to have that opinion because other people are oppressed.
    It's already happening. The comments section from various websites have been closed for over a year. Columnists who try to be self-righteous are proven to be in the minority when the majority of comments are against their opinion. There is no such thing as differing opinions. It's either this way or you are a bigot if you go against the liberal viewpoint.
    I really don't get where these kinds of comments are coming from.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I'd vote Jessica Cruz over John Stewart, but personal preferences and all that (and certainly not relevant if the question is how to get black characters on the big screen). Also, have to say for that as much as I'm told that John Stewart is still a big deal from the cartoons, all evidence I've seen is that he's a cult character who can't escape Hal Jordan's shadow (although, to be fair, no Green Lantern escapes Hal's shadow; I'm dreading when Jessica's time in the spotlight is over and she joins John, Kyle, and the other temporary breakout stars as glorified extras while Hal returns as the "one true" Green Lantern). Am I looking in the wrong places or something?

Assuming they don't recast, who else besides John Stewart could they give the limelight?
    In fairness, this is only true among a certain portion of the comic reading community (and very definitely not all of that small, insignificant compared to a movie-going audience really, community). The only exposure the people who matter have had to Hal Jordan was the disastrous Ryan Reynolds movie. Unless he gets it into his head he wants to "fix" that mistake like he did Baraka-Deadpool from the awful Wolverine movies there's no way WB wants to put that back on the screen to remind people. Having another black man on the team, and distancing themselves from Jordan, is a win-win for them.

If they're going to have a second Lantern, my vote's for a loudmouth, right-wing Guy Gardner anti-hero from the JLI era for the comic relief. But that's pretty unlikely too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Trust me I know all about racism and being oppressed. However it doesn't define me and I don't want to rant 24/7 about it. Most of the time I want to be entertained and enjoy life. Not cry on my soapbox about how life has treated my ancestors like second class citizens. Or how life hasn't treated me fair because of my ethic background.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Trust me I know all about racism and being oppressed. However it doesn't define me and I don't want to rant 24/7 about it. Most of the time I want to be entertained and enjoy life. Not cry on my soapbox about how life has treated my ancestors like second class citizens. Or how life hasn't treated me fair because of my ethic background.
    What does any of that have to do with the subject at hand? Or about the lie that conservative opinions are being censored?

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Fox News, conservative talk radio, Q-anon, a lot of far right conspiracies. The liberals are somehow in control of the media and are making unconstitutional attacks against free speech.

I'm not say these posters are members of any of that, a lot of normally moderate people are getting deeply exposed to and adopting these beliefs because the conservative think tanks are a very, very well oiled machine. Just saying that the origins of such beliefs come from the far right. To be fair there's a far left too just as loony, but they're not as good at getting their conspiracies out there.

(full disclosure I'm a liberal, but a more moderate one with a few conservative views on some issues)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    As the rare liberal in a deeply conservative Trump loving state I feel so ashamed of laws like these...when the transgender bathroom issue first came up I heard some people saying crap about how it was just male pedophiles wanting to go into the girls' bathroom to peep. That's some real bigotry right there.
    It's very painful in all honesty.

There are real issues with real people losing their rights going on right now.

That's still not censorship. And there are still plenty of forums for people to espouse their views, no matter how others feel about it.