Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Confirmed: Daredevil Revival Series For Disney + In The Works

A new “Daredevil” series is moving forward at Disney+, with Variety having exclusively learned from sources that Matt Corman and Chris Ord are attached to write and executive produce.

Rumors have persisted for some time that a Disney+ series about the Man Without Fear was in the works, especially considering that two of the stars of the Netflix “Daredevil” series — Charlie Cox and Vincent D’Onofrio — have appeared in recent Marvel projects. Cox played Matt Murdock, the secret identity of Daredevil, in the film “Spider-Man: No Way Home,” while D’Onofrio reprised the role of Wilson Fisk, a.k.a. Kingpin, in the Disney+ series “Hawkeye.”

It now appears that the project is picking up steam with the hiring of Corman and Ord, although Marvel has yet to announce anything regarding the show formally.
    ‘Daredevil’ Disney+ Series in the Works With Matt Corman, Chris Ord Set to Write (EXCLUSIVE)
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 05-19-2022 at 01:13 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

I'm curious how they'll differentiate it from the Netflix version now that they're more firmly in the MCU.

Astonishing Member

While I'm glad that they're bringing Cox and D'nofrio back, it's a bummer that the showrunners from the Netflix series aren't returning as well.

That said, of course I'll watch it!
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm curious how they'll differentiate it from the Netflix version now that they're more firmly in the MCU.
    Hopefully get rid of the soap opera bullshit.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Hopefully get rid of the soap opera bullshit.
    So they'd be getting rid of a lot of stuff from the comics, too, then?
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Dare to Defyyyyyyy....

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    So they'd be getting rid of a lot of stuff from the comics, too, then?
    I made the comment recently about trying to watch Jessica Jones S3 and at the 1/2 way point I just quit because of all the **** with Hogarth and Malcolm cheating on his hot GF with an average looking hooker...that is the soap opera bullshit I am talking about. It feels like to me it was just there to pad out the series to make a certain number of episodes and have them be a certain length.

I am excited about this. Like very excited.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

I made the comment recently about trying to watch Jessica Jones S3 and at the 1/2 way point I just quit because of all the **** with Hogarth and Malcolm cheating on his hot GF with an average looking hooker...that is the soap opera bullshit I am talking about. It feels like to me it was just there to pad out the series to make a certain number of episodes and have them be a certain length.
    I didn't watch the Netflix series and I watched parts of the 2003 Daredevil ONCE many years ago (and enjoyed it not because it was good but because it was so unintentionally hilarious). I just hope the MCU Daredevil gets rid of his "secret identity." He doesn't need it and it will make this adaptation different from the other ones (I'm assuming the Netflix series had Matt hiding who he really is). Even if you're passing acquaintances with somebody who lives in your condo, you WILL recognize them pretty easily even if they're wearing a mask to protect themselves from COVID.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I didn't watch the Netflix series and I watched parts of the 2003 Daredevil ONCE many years ago (and enjoyed it not because it was good but because it was so unintentionally hilarious). I just hope the MCU Daredevil gets rid of his "secret identity." He doesn't need it and it will make this adaptation different from the other ones (I'm assuming the Netflix series had Matt hiding who he really is). Even if you're passing acquaintances with somebody who lives in your condo, you WILL recognize them pretty easily even if they're wearing a mask to protect themselves from COVID.
    Some work better with a secret identity (Daredevil, Spider-Man) others can get by without it.

Some work better with a secret identity (Daredevil, Spider-Man) others can get by without it.
    That's true. But from what I've read, Feige REALLY doesn't like the secret identity trope and has limited it in the MCU. I wouldn't be surprised Kevin ditches it for the MCU Daredevil to give a fresh take on the character. I wonder how DD fans would react if that happened though. Depends on how well it's executed.

Astonishing Member

Ya know Albert and no offense. But you comment on Marvel stuff a lot. But you always preface by saying you haven't watched much of it. You haven't watched Strange but you comment on it. You haven't watched Daredevil but you comment on it. Why don't you watch it? You might have a different perspective.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think something similar to Matt Reeves The Batman in terms of grittiness if they're not gonna on the deep end of TV-MA. I honestly wouldn't mind a more jovial live-action take on the character for once
    Last edited by PlatinumThorns; 05-19-2022 at 08:48 PM.

That's true. But from what I've read, Feige REALLY doesn't like the secret identity trope and has limited it in the MCU. I wouldn't be surprised Kevin ditches it for the MCU Daredevil to give a fresh take on the character. I wonder how DD fans would react if that happened though. Depends on how well it's executed.
    I'm curious what they're going to do with Kamala because she also traditionally has a secret identity.

I guess they could always pull from Bendis where Matt eventually got outed (Bendis also seems to have a thing against secret identities).
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    I think something similar to Matt Reeves The Batman in terms of grittiness if they're not gonna on the deep end of TV-MA. I honestly wouldn't mind a more jovial live-action take on the character for once
    The Mark Waid run to Netflix's Frank Miller .

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Ya know Albert and no offense. But you comment on Marvel stuff a lot. But you always preface by saying you haven't watched much of it. You haven't watched Strange but you comment on it. You haven't watched Daredevil but you comment on it. Why don't you watch it? You might have a different perspective.
    Absolutely no offense taken dude. I have watched ALL of the MCU stuff from the first three phases (and I LOVED watching every single movie multiple times. I do have to admit I favor Maury slightly. He's saved more dudes' lives than Iron Man and Spider-Man put together). Saw all of the phase four stuff up until Hawkeye (and I LOVED Shang-Chi. That movie was genuinely great and is really underrated). The Netflix Marvel stuff is WAY too violent for my tastes, so I stay away from it. Why do you need blood and guts to tell a superhero story? I don't understand the rationale. I did watch the three Raimi Spider-Men movies and I actually liked the third one best because it was so funny. I mean, it was bloated but hilarious. I don't understand why Raimi hated it. I thought it felt like the first two. Saw the Garfield Spider-Men movies and they were the first superhero movies I actually HATED (too much romance, not enough jokes). And my takes on these MCU movies is very different than the majority. Age of Ultron and Thor 2 were great in my eyes because Ultron and Loki were total jokers in them. I'm gonna get to Strange 2 on Disney Plus soon and I have JUST commented on its box office reception (which was great, but not as strong as I had hoped it would be), and read some jokes from the film online. My issue is not with the quality of the MCU stuff. It's how they're becoming like the comic books. I stopped reading twenty years ago because of the really DENSE continuity that was being built up and was overwhelmed with the proliferation of titles that was taking place at the time. I WANTED to keep up, but I didn't have the dough or time to do so. But the MCU did this INCREDIBLE job of streamlining and distilling the stuff I read decades ago into something so unique and fresh that I just couldn't get enough of. I didn't wanna pick and choose MCU movies to watch. What's the point of a cinematic universe if you miss parts of the big picture? But now I see some of the things that happened in the 90s in the comic books happening again...ON SCREEN. Growing continuity problems, multiple versions of the same characters appearing in the shows/movies, so many characters and storylines to follow, constant resurrections of characters after their "deaths", gimmicky cameos in different properties, and MCU content getting a bit darker and more mature. I'm like, no, you gotta stop this **** NOW Disney. Don't mess with the formula EVER. Marvel movies and shows should be crowd-pleasers and family-friendly ALWAYS. I don't wanna get superhero fatigue. Less is more. Quality should come before quantity. Kids should enjoy these films. And they need more jokes.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 05-19-2022 at 09:51 PM.