Page 31 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: Invaders (2019)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    After my initial horrified reaction, I finally realized, of course, Bucky is okay. He's got a TV series coming!

Ah, the MCU Synergy Armor IS strong.
    Agreed, I would be more worried if it was Namor the one getting the apparent death.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    I'm going with that one, I wouldn't want the king of AB-tlantlis running around my impressionable and hormonal teen daughter in swimsuit, put a shirt please man.
    Exactly! LOL!

About Xavier he should be painted with a candy or a puppy in his hand as a bait to make the picture full. Also yes Randall, the "Homo Superior" title doesn't sounds as superiority complex at all, cofsarcasmcof, I wonder why he had so many problems installing equality around the "homo inferior"
    Yep. I'm sure Randall had heard that sort of genetic 'superiority' being touted quite a bit in WWII.

About why Namor is doing a kind of bomb, for now I'm with the theory that he wants more people like him. Yes maybe after all this years he is finally feeling too lonely, one of his biggest problems is that he is PINK in a society full of blue people, blue and very racist. He feels obligated to rule and protect them to honor his mother and family, but he knows that they don't accept him and maybe never will do it, and he is only in charge because nobody is powerful enough to remove him permanently. And his relationship with the surface is not much better, he just doesn't fit. Yes he has some friends, but even around them he is usually reserved, with her "cousin" dead, I think that Namor just took too much, but I want to see the development, maybe I'm mistaken.
    Mostly, this has always been at the core of the character. People that don't understand that Namor has always represented the Outsider, despite his social status as ruler, don't really get the character. For me, the upbringing and events Namor has survived pretty much explain the extremes of the character -- which is why I don't subscribe to Byrne's theory and am a bit ambivalent about Xavier's Tommy Therapist. Though I'm waiting to see how the latter plays out ... Tommy is clearly part of the PTSD.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Mostly, this has always been at the core of the character. People that don't understand that Namor has always represented the Outsider, despite his social status as ruler, don't really get the character. For me, the upbringing and events Namor has survived pretty much explain the extremes of the character -- which is why I don't subscribe to Byrne's theory and am a bit ambivalent about Xavier's Tommy Therapist. Though I'm waiting to see how the latter plays out ... Tommy is clearly part of the PTSD.
    Honestly my current theory is somehow Tommy is a detached extension of Xavier's will though (its subconscious now), like he was made to talk to Namor so that Xavier could have him on his side. But now he is warped so he took on a life of his own, still pushing Xavier's plan to change people but like your theory, now to Atlanteans rather than mutants. Like it was discussed, Tommy changed to look Atlantean, but maybe he only showed up after another PTSD episode, maybe Namor was triggered after the last time Atlantis was destroyed.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Honestly my current theory is somehow Tommy is a detached extension of Xavier's will though (its subconscious now), like he was made to talk to Namor so that Xavier could have him on his side. But now he is warped so he took on a life of his own, still pushing Xavier's plan to change people but like your theory, now to Atlanteans rather than mutants. Like it was discussed, Tommy changed to look Atlantean, but maybe he only showed up after another PTSD episode, maybe Namor was triggered after the last time Atlantis was destroyed.
    But it would seem Tommy would have been trigged many times before, considering how many times Atlantis has been destroyed -- or other traumatic things Namor has goine through. It may be something that Jason Aaron is doing with the character, that is yet to be revealed.

I'm not so sure about Tommy being an extension of Xavier, since Namor had the will power to throw Xavier out. Also, if Xavier's intent was to use Tommy as a way to manipulate Namor onto his side, that makes Xavier more of a villain -- as opposed to Xavier _intending_ to help Namor through his issues, though he's apparently the worst psychologist EVER. The worst thing about this new revelation, for Xavier, is that he never went back to fix his mistake with Namor -- in DECADES.

While changing airbreathing Tommy to Atlantean Machan may be the writer's hint of things to come, it could also be interpreted as Namor reconciling the truth that he knows (Tommy is dead, due to his own failure he feels) with having the friendship that Tommy represents amongst his own Atlantean people. Ignoring that arguably, Vashti is such a friend to Namor.

The other thing that bothers me about Machan is his ruthlessness. I don't see Tommy, Namor, or Xavier advocating "kill them all" as a solution to their plans. Which we've seen Machan doing more than once.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Fantastic Member

Thought I'd bump this thread up with some pretty exciting Invaders news...

https://www.monkeysfightingrobots.co...NgTsweuSwYAEdM

AHHHHHHH. MORE INVADERS. This is a great year to be an Invaders fan. Link

Marvel Comics announces a new series, Captain America & The Invaders: The Bahamas Triangle, with issue #1 dropping this July. The book is written by Will Eisner Comic Book Hall of Famer Roy Thomas, with art by Inkpot Award-winning Jerry Ordway, and multiple variant covers by Ron Lim and Patch Zircher.

No one has a greater love for The Invaders than Thomas; he created the original team with artist Sal Buscema in The Avengers #71 (December 1969).

About the issue:
    March 1941. Assigned to safeguard President Roosevelt during a fishing trip in the Bahamas, the newly commissioned Cap endures his baptism under fire — while a German U-boat (carrying the Nazi super-soldier called Der Wunderkrieger (or Wonder Warrior) heads for the island chain’s capital! His mission: to kidnap England’s once-king, the Duke of Windsor, and sit him on the throne of a defeated Britain! But others happen to be in that part of the Atlantic as well — the once-bitter rivals the Sub-Mariner and the Human Torch!

Ordway has contributed to some of the biggest books in the industry during his career, and now we get to see what he comes up with working on vintage characters from Marvel’s early days.

This will be the second Invaders series out currently, joining the series by Chip Zdarsky, Carlos Magno, Butch Guice, Alex Guimaraes, and Travis Lanham.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Huh, Roy Thomas? If it's a light month, I'll definitely check this out, but it's not a must pull.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I'm so excited! Roy Thomas. Amazing.

I'd like to see Invaders (perhaps set post Capsicle) get a series on Disney +.

Maybe have it feature Namor, Human Torch, and Isiah Bradley (As Patriot) and Spitfire.

Obviously that would involve some divergence from the comics, but Jeff Mace was already on Agents of SHIELD, and I doubt Chris Evans is coming back for a show so it's a way to get some Golden Age characters on screen AND play around with the Cap legacy.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

!!

I could not be more excited.

July Solicits are up!

INVADERS #7
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W)
    CARLOS MAGNO & BUTCH GUICE (A)
    Cover by BUTCH GUICE
    DEAD IN THE WATER!
    • The world is forever changed.
    • The INVADERS are shattered.
    • And NAMOR is the world’s greatest threat.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Looks like Namor as an antagonist continues... somehow.

Also, looks like Iron Man STILL hasn't learned to stay away from the water. ;p

And it looks the trades for the first six issues in trade will also come out in July.

I need the next issues to figure out what happened, and why is Tony so hell bent on interfering in Invader business?

I need the next issues to figure out what happened, and why is Tony so hell bent on interfering in Invader business?
    I don't think Tony considers Namor taking over the world as Invaders business. ;p

Remember, I think it was the 2nd issue, he wanted to have the Avengers invade Atlantis, AGAIN, and take out Namor. Cap ended that call.

I don't think Tony considers Namor taking over the world as Invaders business. ;p

Remember, I think it was the 2nd issue, he wanted to have the Avengers invade Atlantis, AGAIN, and take out Namor. Cap ended that call.
    lol, true and the title dead in the water, it could mean someone dies, bucky is certainly alive from the cover but no sign of Namor there.

lol, true and the title dead in the water, it could mean someone dies, bucky is certainly alive from the cover but no sign of Namor there.
    Iron Man is going to be "dead in the water," if he's not real careful. ;p If the land bound Invaders don't get him, there's this ...

Like I said, STAY AWAY from the WATER, Tony!