Page 6 of 71 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: DC on HBO Max

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    WB should be really careful with letting the CW use Batman and Superman...those characters have weight and gravitas to them and to just start producing really cheap material would dilute the names.
    Thank you. You expressed my feelings better than I did.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    One of the shows i see in the first page is Adam Strange.
    Maybe it's same adam strange from the show krypton.
    That would be cool. The character annoyed me at first, but grew on me over time.

I would be most looking forward to Adam Strange and the Blue Beetle, from the proposed shows. Maybe Superboy, although I haven't seen the 2nd season of Titans yet, so I'm not sure whether or not the new guy is any good.

As for the derail, I inexplicably like both Brandon Routh and Tyler Hoechlin's takes on Superman (and think that Henry Cavill looks best as Superman, but the writing has done him no favors and made his version of Superman kind of unlikable...). I'd be less concerned with a Superman/Clark like that of Supergirl or any of the movies, and be more concerned with a Superman show relying on the same cheap 'will he tell X or not?' drama that Smallville used for far too long.

Superman and Batman have survived much worse than the CW.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Campea also thinks Man of Steel is the best Superman movie ever so I wouldn't put a lot of stock in his opinion.
    I wouldn't say the best, but it's a damn good Superman movie.

sorry he doesn't think Supergirl on the CW is the best show ever..

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

‘Superman & Lois’ TV Series Starring Tyler Hoechlin & Elizabeth Tulloch In The Works At The CW: https://deadline.com/2019/10/superma...cw-1202770637/

Looks like this rumor is correct then. Excited for the upcoming shows?

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    yes and no. Please no more One Tree Hero shows...

A CW Superman show with Tyler Hoechlin has been rumored to be in the works for quite sometime. The news hardly proves this entire list is legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I think the CW Superman is the worst depiction of Superman I've ever seen. In every way too! The writing is bad, the production value is cheaper than usual, the actor doesnt fit or make it work at all- it's just so weak. The CW isn't campy enough. If they're going to make these back lot shows with real rough CGI...just make them campy and fun!

Superman Returns was a total bore, but I'd rather watch that in all honesty.

WB should be really careful with letting the CW use Batman and Superman...those characters have weight and gravitas to them and to just start producing really cheap material would dilute the names.
    Agreed. I don't think a CW show would match the caliber of a Superman or Batman show. Prequels and whatnot like Gotham and Smallville are one thing. But a whole show starring the heroes with CW production values and scripts is something I don't exactly want to see

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    A CW Superman show with Tyler Hoechlin has been rumored to be in the works for quite sometime. The news hardly proves this entire list is legit.
    The rumor was that it would be announced very soon after said rumor was made. It was.

The rumor was that it would be announced very soon after said rumor was made. It was.
    The "rumor" also said not to expect all of those to happen, effectively covering their bases. If you wish to believe it because one rumor that has been floating around for years was confirmed, more power to you. The point being that at the end of the day it's reddit. I mean come on.

I think we'll know for sure come tomorrow after the HBOMax presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    The "rumor" also said not to expect all of those to happen, effectively covering their bases. If you wish to believe it because one rumor that has been floating around for years was confirmed, more power to you. The point being that at the end of the day it's reddit. I mean come on.
    What do you mean?

It's probably referring to stuff "on the table". The fact that he's proven correct in the past gives him credibility is what I'm saying.

I’m hoping we get that MM show. J’onn could finally get some outside media love.

What do you mean?

It's probably referring to stuff "on the table". The fact that he's proven correct in the past gives him credibility is what I'm saying.
    Fair enough, let me humor this then. I can potentially see a Blue Beetle show or even a Martian Manhunter spin-off, but how do you do Green Lantern on television? How do you take a concept like that and do it justice on the small screen, even if it's HBO Max I really doubt they would invest tens of millions of dollars in every episode. This isn't like Star Trek: Discovery or The Mandalorian so what is the show going to be about. Even if there's no scenes in space and takes place entirely on Earth, it's still supposedly going to feature Kyle, which means the constructs should be rather imaginative. Is he going to make a few decent looking constructs to catch burglars and then spend the rest of the episode in a love triangle with Jade and Donna. Seems too difficult to believe just because that individual previously leaked some episode titles.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-29-2019 at 01:21 AM.