Page 325 of 772 FirstFirst ... 225275315321322323324325326327328329335375425 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,875 of 11576
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it was impressive in its own way but ororo has never created a new climate for a planet. this is like Thor level feats truthfully
    Ohk this one is too good they knew what they were doing by giving this one panel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Feel also like the writers are using her to make themselves look progressive but their hearts and minds are not really in it, I dare them to put their money were their mouth is.
    Hmmm if only if only

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Ohk this one is too good they knew what they were doing by giving this one panel.
    indeed it was. this is kinda an update go what her powers have been stated to do. she has never made weather that wasn't already there. not only did she create climate on a global scale but she made an atmosphere that was completely different from its original makeup. its a new power display.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

You know all of a sudden the high this book gave me has left. Like creating a climate is godtier and all but like is that it? Her entire purpose I am eating for the sword issue to get my bag if not imma head to variant comics the do the best poc protagonist by far.
    Why are you allowing others to take away your joy? If you enjoyed the issue and Storm's presence and was happy with it, for whatever reason, then that has nothing to do with what anyone else thinks, feels, believes about it. Their opinions do not matter.

Storm would be so disappointed...
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Why are you allowing others to take away your joy? If you enjoyed the issue and Storm's presence and was happy with it, for whatever reason, then that has nothing to do with what anyone else thinks, feels, believes about it. Their opinions do not matter.

Hear! Hear!

Amazing Member

While what Storm achieved was impressive in technicality, the way it was written and shown was very underwhelming imo. She’s creating the climate but can’t have more than one text box to talk about it? And the panel is just lightning… I would have loved to see wind and energy patterns and whatnot. Meanwhile, Jean didn’t technically do much, but her presence was much stronger in this issue than Storm, and had multiple full panels and text boxes dedicated to what she was doing. It just the way Storm was written did not reflect the magnitude of what she achieved. To any casual reader, it’s no more impressive than the one panel dedicated to Iceman or to Vulcan or to Proteus. Plus, in the last full-text pages, they can mention Iceman freezing the surface but can’t throw in a mention to Storm? Mmhm if they wanted her to have created the magnetosphere they should have mentioned it imo.

BANNED

It's not others stealing my joy it's the realization that a feat as great as this is followed by usually a great drought with sprinkles of rain every now and then. It's an understanding that this was the best showing she would have for a decade or so. And knowing that it makes enjoying this fleeting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyking View Post
    While what Storm achieved was impressive in technicality, the way it was written and shown was very underwhelming imo. She’s creating the climate but can’t have more than one text box to talk about it? And the panel is just lightning… I would have loved to see wind and energy patterns and whatnot. Meanwhile, Jean didn’t technically do much, but her presence was much stronger in this issue than Storm, and had multiple full panels and text boxes dedicated to what she was doing. It just the way Storm was written did not reflect the magnitude of what she achieved. To any casual reader, it’s no more impressive than the one panel dedicated to Iceman or to Vulcan or to Proteus. Plus, in the last full-text pages, they can mention Iceman freezing the surface but can’t throw in a mention to Storm? Mmhm if they wanted her to have created the magnetosphere they should have mentioned it imo.
    Jean was everywhere and I was like huh? Can't Jaime think on his own? Why is she here and there but I guess they needed everyone to be relevant. I love jean but in planet building? I guess they needed walking talkies.

Granted it's not Claremont-levels of over-exposition (that would obscure at least half of that beauty-full artwork) but the captions/descriptions in this case do give the reader room to imagine what is being done.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Of course it was impressive. It was a whole freakin' planet. Some have been saying that she is fully capable of doing exactly this...and now that she's done it...it's boring, and unimpressive because she's not taking charge managing and directing Erik, Jean and Iceman and everybody else on what to do with their powers and how to do it.

If that was the expectation...clearly the point of this particular issue and its participants was lost on some.
    Pretty much. She did what she needed to do. Or should I say. She did her part. The same as Magneto. The same as Vulcan. Etc....

It's not others stealing my joy it's the realization that a feat as great as this is followed by usually a great drought with sprinkles of rain every now and then. It's an understanding that this was the best showing she would have for a decade or so. And knowing that it makes enjoying this fleeting.
    Ahh...so you are killing your own joy. Very well...carry on.

Storm will still be disappointed.

Amazing Member

Jean was everywhere and I was like huh? Can't Jaime think on his own? Why is she here and there but I guess they needed everyone to be relevant. I love jean but in planet building? I guess they needed walking talkies.
    Exactly! They can give Jean a whole page of her making a psychic sperm cell but can’t give a single panel showing the climate that Storm created other than lightning bolts? We shouldn’t be taking these crumbs lol

BANNED

Granted it's not Claremont-levels of over-exposition (that would obscure at least half of that beauty-full artwork) but the captions/descriptions in this case do give the reader room to imagine what is being done.
    The past editorial notes and statements didn't obscure imagination they even fueled it more in stronger detail. Comics aren't the bible there are no twenty eight interpretations to one statement. Storm crated a climate is storm creating a climate plain and simple any thing added well isn't cannon and as such redundant to the mythos or story being said.

Well I never meant to take away your joy, I just want more meat to the narrative reserved to Ororo, duggan did very little with her despite all those marauders issues, she needs to lead not just formally but substantially
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Ahh...so you are killing your own joy. Very well...carry on.

Storm will still be disappointed.
    Disappointed that I am being realistic that the xoffice is all talk and little to no action? I guess we are reading from different offices then. Some are content with basic repetitions of a charachter whilst others simply want more for the charachters they love. Guess different strokes for different folks.