Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    They better think a good reason for Idie being sent to the pit, because if they have Mystique, Destiny and Sinister in the QC and Cassandra Nova is accepted in Krakoa but Evan remains un-resurrected because clone and Idie is thrown into the Pit without a VERY good reason, and the X-Men and Hope don't rebel.... well, to me that 100% means Xavier has messed with their minds...
    Huh that reminds me. Why ISN'T Evans resurrected by now? The clone ban has been overturned with the ressurection of Maddie after all.

Incredible Member

They better think a good reason for Idie being sent to the pit, because if they have Mystique, Destiny and Sinister in the QC and Cassandra Nova is accepted in Krakoa but Evan remains un-resurrected because clone and Idie is thrown into the Pit without a VERY good reason, and the X-Men and Hope don't rebel.... well, to me that 100% means Xavier has messed with their minds...
    The "X-Men" went to NY to help the flatscans and give krakoa good pr, but they are letting Nature Girl and Curse roam free killing people left and right and destroying oil refineries and boats. So they as incompetent at their work as X-Force.

Astonishing Member

Well we already know why Destiny, Mystique, and Sinister are on the QC. Nova ISN'T accepted on Krakoa in fact nobody even knew she was on the island until Marauders #1 and absolutely nobody is happy about but she's essential to Kate's mission so on she stays. And also it's been decided that she's mutant and is therefore absolved of all her previous crimes. Evan is eligible for resurrection the clone rule has been overturned the only explanation for him not being back already is that it seems nobody is in a rush to ressurect him.

Just because the Xmen are acting in a way you don't like doesn't mean they're being brainwashed lol I feel like this is HoX all over again with some of you. IT'S BEEN YEARS. Time to accept the new normal.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Well we already know why Destiny, Mystique, and Sinister are on the QC. Nova ISN'T accepted on Krakoa in fact nobody even knew she was on the island until Marauders #1 and absolutely nobody is happy about but she's essential to Kate's mission so on she stays. And also it's been decided that she's mutant and is therefore absolved of all her previous crimes. Evan is eligible for resurrection the clone rule has been overturned the only explanation for him not being back already is that it seems nobody is in a rush to ressurect him.

Just because the Xmen are acting in a way you don't like doesn't mean they're being brainwashed lol I feel like this is HoX all over again with some of you. IT'S BEEN YEARS. Time to accept the new normal.
    What has me wondering is how does Cassandra know Sinister and Apocalypse killed more humans than she did? ..if she is only as old as Xavier who is way younger than both.The only conclusion is to say Cassandra existed in incorporeal form back in their day or she simply read their minds to know the numbers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    1) Might not seem like it at first glance, but when you consider who is on the council, you see a definite need for counters to the corruption. Consider the fact that Jean and Kurt that came up with two of the laws. The law of kill no man is based entirely on moral compass and was made in counter to what would have been the initial law of “kill no mutant”. If Jean were not there, do you think they would have ever considered humanity risk of extinction because of one law? Kurt’s contribution is “Make more mutants”. It may sound sexually charged at first glance, but he makes this based on a Bible scripture where God tells his servants to become many to fill the Earth. Mutants were at the brink of extinction (again) when Krakoa was founded as a nation. And making mutants can cover more than just sex as we see from mutants who were either dead or depowered by M-Day. This law nails the severity of their situation.

And letÂ’s go back to X of Swords where Jean was fighting the issue of sending an army against Amenth. The Council member that literally got Jean off was Sebastian Shaw by convincing the members that the nation is too fragile to get into a war. But had Jean not made that stand, Amenth would have won and invaded anyways. By all accounts, having that moral compass that Kitty, Storm, and Kurt do is necessary to stand against a groups filled with morally gray characters and downright despicable individuals. They are immensely important.

2) ThatÂ’s what I said, so I will obviously agree in regards to Selene and Hope. I bet these comic issues we have read are only half the battles Hope and the Five went through in regards to the Council and X-Force.

3) More the second than the first for Shaw. Him running the HellfireÂ’s Co.Â’s more darker side makes him very dangerous to go about unsupervised. Emma having dealt with corrupt individuals and Shaw himself was incredibly clever in setting up not just him to keep close, but Kate as a card to lean her favor for voting against Shaw, who was petty enough to always vote against Emma prior to KateÂ’s murder.

2)
    I give credit to Jean helping make the first law but I am not certain we can unequivocally claim the Amenth victory was down to Jean .At best their intervention bought some time, but that is a guess at best coz the fight and victory was only down to Apocalypse both in a physical battle versus Genesis and a battle of wills with Annihilation.It was Apocalypse that saved Krakoa from Amenth ultimately.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I give credit to Jean helping make the first law but I am not certain we can unequivocally claim the Amenth victory was down to Jean .At best their intervention bought some time, but that is a guess at best coz the fight and victory was only down to Apocalypse both in a physical battle versus Genesis and a battle of wills with Annihilation.It was Apocalypse that saved Krakoa from Amenth ultimately.
    The tide turned in the battle and Apocalypse was given the chance to rip the Annihilation helmet from Genesis when the Vescora were brought into the fray. They were teleported straight to the summoners, killing them and stopping Amenth from continuing to send limitless monsters against the X-Men. They also distracted Genesis long enough for Apocalypse to take the helmet. While Jean doesn't seem to be that important to summoning the Vescora as it was Cable to powered up the SWORD station so the Vescora could be summoned and Magik who teleported the Vescora to the perfect place to turn the tide, they needed to have the SWORD station in place for the plan to work and it's implied that without Jean they wouldn't have had enough telepathic power to reach Magik to get the SWORD station to Otherworld in the first place. Maybe Quentin could have been used instead to combine his telepathy with the Cuckoos to get through to Otherworld, but since we don't know for sure it still seems that Jean's role was crucial, though smaller than Apocalypse, Cable, Cyclops, and Magik.

It is funny in hindsight that the big splash of the X-Men all coming out of the SWORD station to kick some Arakki butt was as pointless as most of the tournament contests were, The Vescora were what made the difference, not the X-Men, and the station turned out to be the important thing instead of the dozens of Krakoan mutants who came for the final fight in the station.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    The tide turned in the battle and Apocalypse was given the chance to rip the Annihilation helmet from Genesis when the Vescora were brought into the fray. They were teleported straight to the summoners, killing them and stopping Amenth from continuing to send limitless monsters against the X-Men. They also distracted Genesis long enough for Apocalypse to take the helmet. While Jean doesn't seem to be that important to summoning the Vescora as it was Cable to powered up the SWORD station so the Vescora could be summoned and Magik who teleported the Vescora to the perfect place to turn the tide, they needed to have the SWORD station in place for the plan to work and it's implied that without Jean they wouldn't have had enough telepathic power to reach Magik to get the SWORD station to Otherworld in the first place. Maybe Quentin could have been used instead to combine his telepathy with the Cuckoos to get through to Otherworld, but since we don't know for sure it still seems that Jean's role was crucial, though smaller than Apocalypse, Cable, Cyclops, and Magik.

It is funny in hindsight that the big splash of the X-Men all coming out of the SWORD station to kick some Arakki butt was as pointless as most of the tournament contests were, The Vescora were what made the difference, not the X-Men, and the station turned out to be the important thing instead of the dozens of Krakoan mutants who came for the final fight in the station.
    Don't disagree, Vescora mauling the hordes of Amenth was critical.

Man I'm pretty late for this, but this was better than I expected, really shouldn't have waited to read it.

Usually the character who amuses me the most in this Krakoa era is Sinister, I have a soft spot for villains like him, who are evil and they love it, throw in the mad science angle and I'm sold, but this time, while he is still pretty funny, I think the winner is Selene.

The way she presented herself actually had good points, then I laughed when she had the audacity of mentioning Necrosha as something they should consider when voting for her, and when Kitty points out that she resurrected everyone from Genosha as zombies, her reply was basically "They weren't zombies, but whatever, I resurrected Genosha and that shows how great I am. Vote Selene!"

And then Hope shows up, makes her point about someone from the Five needing to be in the Quiet Council and all Selene can do is get pissed, make threats and throw tantrums.

So yeah that was a fun character moment for her.

The comic overall was also pretty fun, and the art is just gorgeous to look at, hope Marvel doesn't **** up this one so soon.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 04-27-2022 at 09:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

I agree. Selene as a "sore loser" is my favorite moment of this year so far. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I agree. Selene as a "sore loser" is my favorite moment of this year so far. =)
    One thing that helps in making that moment funny is that, while she leaves looking cool, having the last word and making a threat, she makes those faces right before it:

Just funny she tries to leave with dignity when she threw it away the moment Hope showed up lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Man I'm pretty late for this, but this was better than I expected, really shouldn't have waited to read it.

Usually the character who amuses me the most in this Krakoa era is Sinister, I have a soft spot for villains like him, who are evil and they love it, throw in the mad science angle and I'm sold, but this time, while he is still pretty funny, I think the winner is Selene.

The way she presented herself actually had good points, then I laughed when she had the audacity of mentioning Necrosha as something they should consider when voting for her, and when Kitty points out that she resurrected everyone from Genosha as zombies, her reply was basically "They weren't zombies, but whatever, I resurrected Genosha and that shows how great I am. Vote Selene!"

And then Hope shows up, makes her point about someone from the Five needing to be in the Quiet Council and all Selene can do is get pissed, make threats and throw tantrums.

So yeah that was a fun character moment for her.

The comic overall was also pretty fun, and the art is just gorgeous to look at, hope Marvel doesn't **** up this one so soon.
    I remember her doing a spell at the end of Necrosha to consume souls but not at all sure if she used magic to bring them back ,I thought that was down to Eli Bard infecting himself with the T-O virus (he stole from Bastion's base) and spreading it through Genosha..but then again he's dead and she's here

Mighty Member

I need a good X-Men catch up so I can read this (which has been delayed with me picking up Hellions, Cable and Marauders).
    But I'm excited to get around to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    One thing that helps in making that moment funny is that, while she leaves looking cool, having the last word and making a threat, she makes those faces right before it:

Just funny she tries to leave with dignity when she threw it away the moment Hope showed up lol.
    She looks like Lucy Van Pelt in those panels
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    The "X-Men" went to NY to help the flatscans and give krakoa good pr, but they are letting Nature Girl and Curse roam free killing people left and right and destroying oil refineries and boats. So they as incompetent at their work as X-Force.
    'Nature Gurl' Lilith Fair and Curse are doing God's Work
    GrindrStone(D)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    She looks like Lucy Van Pelt in those panels

If only I were better at photoshop, this would be Selene Van Pelt
    tumblr_b6386f2dafd819105df47f7763efc491_3f0cd743_540.jpg
    83284029_3320119841372082_214260843062231040_n.jpg