Page 45 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Welcome Jotaro, zealotjewelry, and guillaume!!

Okay. Maybe I should have done this when I joined last month:

My name's Chris. I'm new to forums, though not to comics. I read a lot of Indie stuff, my favorites being THE FUSE, COPPERHEAD, SOUTHERN CROSS, anything by GRANT MORRISON, THE FADE OUT. As to mainstream stuff, I really like GRAYSON, SECRET SIX, BATMAN and ACTION.

I'm a writer and am currently doing a digital comic through MonkeyBrain comics called BEHEMOTH, with JK Woodward, who does Peter David's FALLEN ANGEL, and a lot of STAR TREK and DR. WHO stuff for IDW.

I recently did my first panel at MAssive Con in Massachusetts and . . . well . . . that's me in a nutshell!

Spectacular Member Paulie Blade's Avatar

Hey everybody, you can call me Paulie, I'm 27 and have been a comic book reader (and an "artist") since I was a little kid. Alas, a couple of years ago I moved on from this hobby while focusing on university, the so called adult life and so on. Last year I figured I'd come back to what was always supposed to be my biggest passion. In recent months I've been devouring anything I could read, mostly to catch up on what's hot at the moment in the comic book world, to see what I was missing when I was gone. I'm also trying to renew my drawing skills in order to start a webcomic, so I can finally spill out all the ideas that were gathering in my head for the past years.

When I was growing up I was a fan of Spider-man, Spawn and Lobo, to name a few. Now I became mostly interested in Sandman, the Top Cow universe and certain comics offered by Dynamite. As I'm still catching up with the recent stuff, I'm always open to recommendations.

Cheers everyone and I hope I'll be a regular poster.

BANNED

Hi, guys! Big DC/Marvel geek here.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Welcome to the mad house newbies hope you enjoy the experience

Found this place while looking for a community to discuss comics
    Mostly a Deadpool fan.

Fair warning: I'm from the darker side of the internet (I frequent 8chan). I have read the rules here, and I am prepared to follow them. I only say this because I am well aware some users will probably wish to avoid me due to this fact, so I am giving them the opportunity to block me now to avoid conflict later.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godot View Post
    Found this place while looking for a community to discuss comics
    Mostly a Deadpool fan.

Fair warning: I'm from the darker side of the internet (I frequent 8chan). I have read the rules here, and I am prepared to follow them. I only say this because I am well aware some users will probably wish to avoid me due to this fact, so I am giving them the opportunity to block me now to avoid conflict later.
    well considering you are sharing that right off, I think most would give you the benefit of the doubt

I certainly will

All-New Member

Hello. I've been a longtime lurker of CBR, but I just decided to finally start posting here.

I'm Jeff, and as my user name would suggest, I'm an old Bronze Ager; sort of an "Ancient Geek." My first comic of note was Super Goof, from Gold Key. I read DC and Marvel, though more of the fringe stuff at Marvel, like Deathlok, Killraven, Master of Kung Fu, Moon Knight, Defenders, and the like. I read Black Goliath, in the wild. The names I grew up with were Steve Engelhart, Marv Wolfman, Len Wein, Roy Thomas, Archie Goodwin, Denny O'Neil, Elliot S! Maggin, Cary Bates, Walt Simonson, Jim Starlin, Howard Chaykin, Irv Novick, Neal Adams, Jim Aparo, Joe Staton, Don Newton, Dick Dillin, George Perez, John and Sal Buscma, Jack Kirby and some others. I remember when John Byrne was that guy who did the robot stories at Charlton. I devoured anything comics, from Uncle Scrooge to Space Family Robinson, Avengers to X-Men, and all of the JLA. I owned some Atlas/Seaboards and flipped through Warren magazines on newsstands (if adults weren't looking). I discovered the indies in college, while DC was also going through their renaissance. I started to drift completely away from the mainstream by the mid-90s and mostly read European and the odd indie book these days. Current favorites are the Valerian and Spirou & Fantasio reprints from Cinebook. In fact, Cinebook is my current favorite publisher, with a hugely diverse line for any age and taste. I enjoy Velvet (very Modesty Blaise), the pulp-based comics of Dynamite, some of the offerings from IDW, and the odd book from DC or Marvel (though not so much in recent years). As an old timer, I am tremendously happy to see a wide slate of good comic-based movies, as all we had when I was a kid was the Adam West movie (which I loved and still do) and the Richard Donner Superman. I started superhero cartoons with the Batman/Superman Hour, which led to comics being censored (along with Jonny Quest) and then had to suffer through years of Super Friends (which were at least clever in how they got around the restrictions), before I saw the revelation that was Batman TAS, and the subsequent DC cartoons. I go from the Gantray-Lowell Marvel Super heroes to Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. I remember when this kind of interaction required a pen-pal.

I discovered CBR through the Comics Legends Revealed blog and have been loving it ever since. There's a pretty good community here and things are kept relatively civil. It makes a cranky old fan a bit less cranky, though you whipper-snappers have it easy! We actually had to hunt down someplace that sold comics, then hunt down another, because the first one didn't always have the next issue of the same title. That was after we fought off lions and bears and Persian invaders, with our tackle hanging out (if you believe Frank Miller). The internet was called The US Postal Service and Google was called a "bibliography" and an "index." We only had three channels (4 if you count PBS), maybe a UHF station, that came in fuzzy, and we liked it! And if the president was addressing the nation (or resigning in disgrace) you were screwed for at least an hour.We suffered through Disco; but at least it wasn't auto-tuned! And another thing........

Whoops, gotta split; the nurses are coming with the meds.................

Welcome guys and gals!

All-New Member

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COMIC PEEPS!

Scott Hall here! Bear fighter! Comic maker! Former WWE wrestler (TOTAL LIES!!!), Hamster trainer! Yeah anyways, I make comics, toons and other art related thingamijigs. I have been currently working on a web comic called Rubba Teets (www.rubbateets.com) about a trio of weirdoes, Lamprey Boy, Fuk Duk and Honeywell Dingdong. I also do illustration and try to sell these things as often as people will allow.

Thanks!
    See you on the floppy side....

dwayne99

Default Hi

Hi I am new here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dwayne99 View Post
    Hi I am new here.
    Hello!

Welcome to the site! It's a good decision that you have finally registered to the site. Please continue to post and meet wonderful people in this wonderful site.

You'd better check threads about your favorite comic character and talk with fans of your favorite comic character.

Hi Dwayne.

there's an Introduce Yourself thread stikkied at the top of this forum. you should go say hello in there, and tell us a bit about yourself

and welcome.
    A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif

Go Phillies

Hello everyone, I'm Omar 382. I'm in my late teens and will be attending the University of Delaware in the fall. My passion is rooting for the Phillies and Eagles. I'm new to comics, but I am trying to get into them. I hope to have a good time discussing comics and other topics with you guys.