Page 37 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Damn, what a great show. First 2 episodes didn't impress me, but from the third to the end it was one hell of a ride. Politics, violence, every sort of emotions, well constructed episodes, and so on. Maybe there weren't big surprieses that I didn't see coming, but a serie reliying purely on twists isn't a good serie, so no big deal there
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

I found the show to be the most consistently watchable of the Netflix shows, even more so than season 1 of Daredevil. Unfortunately that is not really surprising to me considering that this is the least "super" of all the shows. They're good at doing grounded drama, but they don't have the budget or the conviction to do proper super-powered fantasy.

I did think Ben Barnes did good work with the Billy Russo character, but then Marvel Netflix shows always give their villain plenty of screen-time.

So it's pretty much a given that the Gnucci family is going to be pissed off for Frank killing one of them in the first episode of this season right?

I can't imagine that family name being dropped so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    So it's pretty much a given that the Gnucci family is going to be pissed off for Frank killing one of them in the first episode of this season right?

I can't imagine that family name being dropped so quickly.
    I kept thinking that they were going to work Russo into that somehow; after seeing his bedridden mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I kept thinking that they were going to work Russo into that somehow; after seeing his bedridden mother.
    I have no doubt in my mind we'll see the Gnucci family

I have no doubt in my mind we'll see the Gnucci family
    they made good with using Finn Cooley. so I don't doubt it. but what will become of Micro and/or Agent Madani? they've kind of veered away from comic canon with Micro.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    they made good with using Finn Cooley. so I don't doubt it. but what will become of Micro and/or Agent Madani? they've kind of veered away from comic canon with Micro.
    I loved Micro. I'm so happy with how he turned out. I'm not sure where he goes in season 2. I'd be heartbroken and devastated if he got pulled back in and died ever. I really don't want to see that happen.

I loved Micro. I'm so happy with how he turned out. I'm not sure where he goes in season 2. I'd be heartbroken and devastated if he got pulled back in and died ever. I really don't want to see that happen.
    realistically, he either stops aiding Frank or ends up paying for it. can he readjust to non-fugitive life? I can't wait to see where they go from here. Frank was more involved with law enforcement in season 1; than I expected. I imagine that he's going to embrace the "costume" more in the second. Jigsaw probably won't show his head until halfway through. maybe a focus on him fighting organized crime; instead of corrupt private security. the personal revenge angle is certainly over. :shrugs:

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Can't wait for More sales on His comics
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Incredible Member

Nice article on the Punisher Netflix series: http://www.doctornerdlove.com/the-br...-the-punisher/

I have this feeling that we're going to see Frank go undercover as a mob hitman; in Season 2.

Good week for Frank

Season 2 on Netflix announced yesterday and issue #219 dropped today and it did not disappoint. 2 for 2 in the War Machine armor.

BANNED

Digging the current War Machine arc. Maybe the best book i read today

Enjoying his book. This is how comics are suppose to be. Just fun...

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    Digging the current War Machine arc. Maybe the best book i read today
    Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    Enjoying his book. This is how comics are suppose to be. Just fun...
    Agreed. Really fun (and violent) comic