Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    The last one I think - that's not Kid Wally's costume, it's Classic Wally's old suit (no white circle), which means it's probably his Flash suit too. (Would have been better to put white lenses in the Flash suit).

Maybe this is where he realises Barry effectively killed his kids with Flashpoint? (However they try to "soften" Barry's role in the N52 reboot, they've still not tried to disconnect it - if Flashpoint hadn't happened, Pandora & Manhattan would never have had the opportunity to **** things up)
    I think this is more going to address what Wally's role is going to be in a world where Barry is already The Flash, because we're already getting complaints from fans that he has no life or role outside being in Titans.

Perhaps.......... Wally will somehow get his own book?

Well I'm glad I'm not the only person who saw this and thought "Wally is about to get jobbed to Barry".

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    idk, I'm kinda hyped for this story. Those are Wally's suits, not kid Wally or Barry, so this is clearly all about him.
    Actually, in spite of what I said a few minutes ago, a closer inspection shows that while that IS Wally's Kid Flash suit, it's NOT (any of) his Flash suit(s). It's N52-Barry's suit with the lines everywhere and chinstrap.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think this is more going to address what Wally's role is going to be in a world where Barry is already The Flash, because we're already getting complaints from fans that he has no life or role outside being in Titans.
    Well, he doesn't. That's outright explicit in the text, both in Titans and his Nightwing guest app. No-one remembers him (even "just" his N52verse life) outside Barry and the Titans (...and Deathstroke for some reason...) since Kadabra's spell wasn't actually undone. He just sits in Titans Tower except when they're doing stuff, while everyone else commutes from having a life in Bludhaven/etc.
    Last edited by SanityOrMadness; 10-06-2017 at 02:17 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    You know I'm fond of you I hope, Assam. But I have to say I am so glad I'm not like you as a fan. I'd miss out on so many great stories if I decided they were horrible before I even read a word of them. I'm so glad I'm not that way. I have relatively few hobbies or things I love outside of my work (I do love my work): DC Comics, Houston Rockets, politics, and that's about it.

So I get really happy when the Rockets do well or when Democrats or other liberals do. And, as it is when I see a play (I've said several times here I work in theatre), I always go into a story expecting to love it. As a result I often do love comics I might not have guessed I'd love. And that's all a result of assuming good will on the part of the creators and assuming a comic will be good or great until I am proven wrong. If I walked into plays or opened comic books (or skipped them) expecting to hate them, I'd miss out on so many great comics and plays.

Please don't take this badly as I only mean this in terms of fandom, but I am so glad I am not you. As a fan. In all other ways you seem like a great person and one I enjoy knowing online.
    Well firstly, nice to see we at least see eye to eye on politics. (Although I'm probably much further to the left than you.)

Second, never said I wasn't going to read this. Unless I say otherwise, even if I set my expectations low, I may still read something. I don't normally read the Flash book, nor will I ever on a regular basis so long as it's Barry's solo, but, so i may properly critique this, I will likely jump on for this storyline. And as for going in expecting to hate things damaging the experience? I don't think that's true, as if something turns out to actually be good, you get a really nice surprise.

Barry will win. They aren't going to throw their golden boy under the bus for Wally, who has been irrelevant since coming back a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Perhaps.......... Wally will somehow get his own book?
    Sure, but it will be black Wally that gets a solo.

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    Well I'm glad I'm not the only person who saw this and thought "Wally is about to get jobbed to Barry".
    Williamson's been open in interviews about how he thinks Wally is better at Barry in some regards, so I imagine that will be on display here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Barry will win. They aren't going to throw their golden boy under the bus for Wally, who has been irrelevant since coming back a year ago.
    I think that's partially the point of this story.

I think we're likely going to see a tie of some sorts or them both "winning" in different ways.

Incredible Member

Would be interesting if Bart Allen shows up at some point in this event

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by C_haos View Post
    Would be interesting if Bart Allen shows up at some point in this event
    If Bart (and/or Max) show up and are in character, I'm admitting now that whatever frustration I get from Wally-bashing that happens here will be outweighed BIG TIME by my joy over the return of my favorite speedsters. (Then I'd just need Jenni back)

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Sounds a bit jarring but I'm open to seeing what happens and looking forward to Wally's place in the mythos being addressed. I'm glad to see him front and center here.

I just really hope it isn't all to set up Barry. I don't like the idea of them competing so directly. Hope there's more to it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    I think it's either that or Wally "wins" the best Flash title in death. I already dread the potential fallout even if I do trust Williamson about as much as any writer with this story.

But I am curious about what the core conflict for Flash War will be. I don't think a rift between Wally and Barry would be very believable unless one went bonkers. Also, will Iris finally find out she has another nephew running around?
    Last edited by Rend20; 10-06-2017 at 03:03 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I don't think this is going to be as bad for Wally as people think. He's not going to get his status as THE Flash reinstated, and the problems of "what the hell are we going to do with him now?" will likely persist, but I don't expect anything malicious. Certain fans will no doubt interpret it that way, not matter what happens though.

The shitstorm that will erupt from this, whether it's warranted or not, will be hilarious to witness for a little bit before it becomes tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I don't think this is going to be as bad for Wally as people think. He's not going to get his status as THE Flash reinstated, and the problems of "what the hell are we going to do with him now?" will likely persist, but I don't expect anything malicious. Certain fans will no doubt interpret it that way, not matter what happens though.

The shitstorm that will erupt from this, whether it's warranted or not, will be hilarious to witness for a little bit before it becomes tedious.
    I think that is probably partially the main impetus for this story.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think that is probably partially the main impetus for this story.
    Hopefully. God knows they need to figure out something to do with him, because they've been spinning their wheels with him since Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Well firstly, nice to see we at least see eye to eye on politics. (Although I'm probably much further to the left than you.)

Second, never said I wasn't going to read this. Unless I say otherwise, even if I set my expectations low, I may still read something. I don't normally read the Flash book, nor will I ever on a regular basis so long as it's Barry's solo, but, so i may properly critique this, I will likely jump on for this storyline. And as for going in expecting to hate things damaging the experience? I don't think that's true, as if something turns out to actually be good, you get a really nice surprise.
    That's great to hear. And I agree that if one is open to being surprised going into it expecting to hate it isn't such a bad thing. At least you're going to read it and are open to being wrong. That's admirable.

As for being farther to the left, I don't think it's really possible to be farther to the left than I am.

Back on topic, I'm just glad to see that the original Wally West is getting some attention in the main Flash title. He's been profoundly missing so far.