Page 35 of 116 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    My fellow mutants, WATCH THIS:

it's ROUSING!

Damn. That was badass. And both actors who portrayed Magneto were truly top notch.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Phastos, Sersei, Sprite, Makkari and Ajak have taken physical form matching up with their MCU counterparts, with hoops being jumped through for Makarri to match up

Personality wise their closer to their usual selves (though Sprite’s been rebooted from a much older save file due to her previous version going crazy and trying to kill all life on Earth)

All indications are that Starfox is either dead-dead after Cates GotG (having not linked to the Machine) or he’s currently being tortured in the Exclusion for all eternity like his parent for the crime of Thanos’ existence
    I thought it was cool how they explained the changes in appearance. And how Eternals are gender fluid.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    I…The Eternals are currently being lead by THANOS. The guy claiming that the mutants are Devianta is fricking Druig. I do not understand why everyone is just automatically assuming that Marvel is going to make mutants the villains in this one like this is just I vs X 2.
    If you read the current Eternals, the Deviants are not villains. They are persecuted people.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    If you read the current Eternals, the Deviants are not villains. They are persecuted people.
    There are evil Deviants, though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    There are evil Deviants, though.
    And there are evil Eternals. All communities have their issues. These days Marvel writes with a lot of nuance. There’s no such thing as making an entire group of people bad or evil.

And there are evil Eternals. All communities have their issues. These days Marvel writes with a lot of nuance. There’s no such thing as making an entire group of people bad or evil.
    That's kind of the point of the whole "mutants aren't necessarily going to be portrayed as the bad guys" thing Saithor was saying.

Astonishing Member

I’m not even claiming that them being made into deviants would be the same as them being made villains, I’m saying the fandom has immediately reached for the “End is nigh, marvel is trying to destroy the X-men/retcon them once again” based on the words of a character who is known for lying. This is like believing Loki if he said the Phoenix is Thor’s mother.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    That's kind of the point of the whole "mutants aren't necessarily going to be portrayed as the bad guys" thing Saithor was saying.
    Infact from what I have seen, we can hypothesise thing like this: eternals want to wipe out Deviants, Deviants somehow ask help to Xmen and Avengers, Eternals decide Mutants are offshore Deviants and must be purged, Avengers try to mediate(poorly). Fights fight fight.
    Big shocking revelation( Kro is Apocalypse dad! Selene is Sersi old flame! Phoenix had threesome with Odin ans Zuras! ), secret plan of bad guys(pick one really) to harness celestial power, big final battle, everyone go home forgetting whatever passed

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Infact from what I have seen, we can hypothesise thing like this: eternals want to wipe out Deviants, Deviants somehow ask help to Xmen and Avengers, Eternals decide Mutants are offshore Deviants and must be purged, Avengers try to mediate(poorly). Fights fight fight.
    Big shocking revelation (Kro is Apocalypse dad! Selene is Sersi old flame! Phoenix had threesome with Odin and Zuras!), secret plan of bad guys (pick one really) to harness celestial power, big final battle, everyone go home forgetting whatever passed
    Man I would love to find out Selene has some deep history with the Eternals.

Or the Olympian gods, like Hercules, for that matter. I'd love to learn that, for instance, the reason she hangs out the Amazon, or New York, or Krakoa, and not her beloved Rome, which she still uses the name she used there, and which she lovingly recreated in miniature in her Amazonian hideout/exile, was because she had been forbidden *by the Olympian gods* (one of whom she *pretended to be*) to set foot on any land that had once been under the Roman flag. (So, no Italy, no north Africa, no middle east, no western Europe all the way to Britain!)

It'd be fun to learn that she may be obsessed with Rome, but she *can't go back* and so she tried to create her own little 'Nova Roma,' on the other side of the planet...

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Is the current Eternals series a good jump on series, if you do not know anything about them except for the movie? Is it recommended, or can I skip it?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Is the current Eternals series a good jump on series, if you do not know anything about them except for the movie? Is it recommended, or can I skip it?
    Yeah it’s so good

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Damn. That was badass. And both actors who portrayed Magneto were truly top notch.
    YES, I've already lost count how many times I've watched it. And ABSOLUTELY, Fassbender in particular was mesmerizing, and my favorite thing about the Fox adaptions.

Very jump on-able. The movie actually changes some key details, so you don't even need that.

It's quite good. My only exposure to the Eternals has been the movie, the Gaiman miniseries, and the current Gillen run -- have enjoyed all 3.