View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Didio had made it clear that he didn't like high numbered trade volumes; with him gone, I don't see why they can't go back and release some of the previously solicited books that were canceled in recent years. Continue putting the number on the back cover as opposed to the spine, if that makes them feel better.

Granted, it's highly unlikely, but one can dream...
    Agreed, they should do what the epics do, a title for the spine/cover and a number for the back cover

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Those were filler arcs - a one off, then Bryan Hill's pre-Outsiders story, then a Robinson Two-Face story.
    Thanks. Still don’t understand why DC wouldn’t reprint it in a hardcover for the completists.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

That pre-Great Darkness collection is intriguing. I have a big gap on my shelf in-between the second Superboy and the LoSH HC and The Great Darkness Saga.

More or less, yeah. It's the first JLA story post Infinite Crisis/52
    Thank you! I've really been enjoying reading this era so far so I'll pick this up for sure.

I'm working my way to Morrison's Batman and Final Crisis...any other series that you, or anyone else, recommend from the Infinite Crisis-to-Final Crisis period?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    Thank you! I've really been enjoying reading this era so far so I'll pick this up for sure.

I'm working my way to Morrison's Batman and Final Crisis...any other series that you, or anyone else, recommend from the Infinite Crisis-to-Final Crisis period?
    Did you already decide how you will read Final Crisis in between Morrison's Batman run? I have the FC omnibus but it's massive and I wonder if it's not a bit much to throw it in between the Morrison Batman omnis...

Mighty Member

In the fall, the Batman by Paul Dini omnibus comes out - the first half of that is the 'Tec stories that came out at the same time as Morrison Omni v1. I love those stories - I never really read the second half material (not a Hush fan), but Dini is quite good. Green Lantern by Geoff Johns and GL Corps by Tomasi are really good (Sinestro Corp War is fantastic and you could just read GL Rebirth to get the context for it - you don't need to get all the GL stuff if you didn't want to). Checkmate by Rucka and Secret Six by Simone if you liked their respective Infinite Crisis tie-ins (OMAC and Villains United).

When you finish JLA by Meltzer, if you like the Legion stuff, you could grab the two follow-ups (Superman and the Legion by Johns and the FC tie-in Legion of 3 Worlds).

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Did you already decide how you will read Final Crisis in between Morrison's Batman run? I have the FC omnibus but it's massive and I wonder if it's not a bit much to throw it in between the Morrison Batman omnis...
    If you have the Batman and FC omnis, what I'd do is read Batman by Morrison v1 up to the end of RIP. There will be a couple FC recap pages, then two more issues. Skip the recap pages and issues, and just move on to the Morrison-penned stuff in the FC omnibus (FC 1-3, Superman Beyond 1-2, Submit, FC 4,5, Batman 682, 683, FC 6,7). The other Final Crisis tie-ins are of varying quality, but none of them really tie in to what Morrison is doing in either Batman or FC. Then you can move on to Batman by Morrison v2.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

So i see that the Morrison JLA omni is coming out in October and amazon has it listed at about 1500 pages.

By my estimates his run on JLA was around 900 pages. What else could be included? Earth 2 and 1 million, obviously, but that still leaves hundreds of page?

Incredible Member

f you have the Batman and FC omnis, what I'd do is read Batman by Morrison v1 up to the end of RIP. There will be a couple FC recap pages, then two more issues. Skip the recap pages and issues, and just move on to the Morrison-penned stuff in the FC omnibus (FC 1-3, Superman Beyond 1-2, Submit, FC 4,5, Batman 682, 683, FC 6,7). The other Final Crisis tie-ins are of varying quality, but none of them really tie in to what Morrison is doing in either Batman or FC. Then you can move on to Batman by Morrison v2.
    Thanks, that seems like a sensible approach. Let's hope that the Morrison issues in the omni are easy to find then

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    So i see that the Morrison JLA omni is coming out in October and amazon has it listed at about 1500 pages.

By my estimates his run on JLA was around 900 pages. What else could be included? Earth 2 and 1 million, obviously, but that still leaves hundreds of page?
    1500 has been the page count since before the solicits had contents. Probably a placeholder that never got updated
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Spectacular Member

For people who have Wonder Woman Omnibus Vol 3 by George Perez, do you think the upcoming War of the Gods omni is worth it? Looks like 9 of the 25 issues in the new omni are in Vol 3 so quite a bit of double dipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Someone posted elsewhere on these forums awhile ago that you start reading Final Crisis after Batman #681. Which looks to match up with bob.schoonover's more detailed response.

In the fall, the Batman by Paul Dini omnibus comes out - the first half of that is the 'Tec stories that came out at the same time as Morrison Omni v1. I love those stories - I never really read the second half material (not a Hush fan), but Dini is quite good. Green Lantern by Geoff Johns and GL Corps by Tomasi are really good (Sinestro Corp War is fantastic and you could just read GL Rebirth to get the context for it - you don't need to get all the GL stuff if you didn't want to). Checkmate by Rucka and Secret Six by Simone if you liked their respective Infinite Crisis tie-ins (OMAC and Villains United).

When you finish JLA by Meltzer, if you like the Legion stuff, you could grab the two follow-ups (Superman and the Legion by Johns and the FC tie-in Legion of 3 Worlds).

If you have the Batman and FC omnis, what I'd do is read Batman by Morrison v1 up to the end of RIP. There will be a couple FC recap pages, then two more issues. Skip the recap pages and issues, and just move on to the Morrison-penned stuff in the FC omnibus (FC 1-3, Superman Beyond 1-2, Submit, FC 4,5, Batman 682, 683, FC 6,7). The other Final Crisis tie-ins are of varying quality, but none of them really tie in to what Morrison is doing in either Batman or FC. Then you can move on to Batman by Morrison v2.
    Thank you so much for all this! I'll save it and refer to it often I'm sure. I've flirted with check out the GL by Johns material before but always seemed a little daunting to pick it all up, bits it's definitely on my maybe list.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    For people who have Wonder Woman Omnibus Vol 3 by George Perez, do you think the upcoming War of the Gods omni is worth it? Looks like 9 of the 25 issues in the new omni are in Vol 3 so quite a bit of double dipping.
    I thought about it also but ultimately decided against it for now. I just finished the 3 Perez WW omnis not long ago and while I loved the first two, it kind of petered-out for me by the third book. Plus I have a big enough want-list already.

Spectacular Member

I thought about it also but ultimately decided against it for now. I just finished the 3 Perez WW omnis not long ago and while I loved the first two, it kind of petered-out for me by the third book. Plus I have a big enough want-list already.
    Good to know. Thanks for your thoughts. I think I’ll skip as well. Lack of shelf space plus money being a bit tight at the moment is forcing tough decisions. A lot of omnis I had been considering I’ll probably skip.

1500 has been the page count since before the solicits had contents. Probably a placeholder that never got updated
    Its also listed $150 retail. So i guess we’ll see

Amazing Member

Curious if anyone thinks there will be limited supply and issue with Grell's Green Arrow? IST shows it Tuesday, CGN shows it July 14. With the move from Diamond and the general feeling, does anyone think it will actually appear Tuesday on IST? I was hoping to wait until Friday to order (makes wife happier when I order on paydays) but don't want to miss out. This is probably my most wanted DC until they get smart enough to do a Byrne Superman Omnibus.