Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Could not agree more. Making them both bi or gay together somehow cheapens their deep friendship. Not sure why. I suppose because it reinforces that two men can’t love one another without being in love with one another or attracted to one another. Which is b.s.
    Personally, I don’t find it cheapens the relationship, it’s just not strictly necessary. I can see it could be a distraction from the friendship. I’m hoping Kurt will turn up in the Wolverine series, but no sign so far, I have no idea what Percy thinks of their relationship.

In my fanfic, despite much hot sex, they are most definitely not in love, while clearly caring for each other. And enjoying the sex.

I just think it plays more into the prevalent theme of adopted family in the X-men if they aren’t in a relationship or hooking up, rather they are like family. Just a personal preference I guess, but I think it sends a powerful message. That’s all. At present neither of them are gay, so this is all fanfic I guess.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Frenzy, and she can be with Skein.
    Oh crap!! I forgot that Skein is a mutant and could be on Krakoa.

If anyone is being poly, starting orgies and over-excessively sleeping with both men and women, it’s her.

Wanting to force someone's sexuality to change feels really perverse and invasive to me, so basically like something Lord Claremont would write.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I just think it plays more into the prevalent theme of adopted family in the X-men if they aren’t in a relationship or hooking up, rather they are like family. Just a personal preference I guess, but I think it sends a powerful message. That’s all. At present neither of them are gay, so this is all fanfic I guess.
    Yep, gotcha. But I agree completely about the powerful message.

Kurt has a huge queer fanbase, which I find fantastic.
    I’d really like to see the canonical queer mutants get more light in the sun and better plotlines, more overall development and exposure but I think he’d be a very positive addition to their ranks.
    Or they could just make him more gender fluid, which is something we haven’t seen much off.

Easy, Cyclops. So many things scream that deeply repressed, closeted. It would make a lot of sense with his odd dating behavior, and his overcompensating rigidity. Narratively I think it opens up so many stories on his complexities.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Wanting to force someone's sexuality to change feels really perverse and invasive to me, so basically like something Lord Claremont would write.
    Not sure discussing fictional characters can be categorised as ‘forcing someone’s sexuality to change’?
    Particularly as all characters in long running sequential stories have had all manner of perverse and invasive plots and personality changes imposed on upon them over the years by different creative teams.

I consider Polaris to be lesbian or bi already, and that Marvel simply is too obsessed with forcing Havok on her to do anything else.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Ultimate Member

I don't see any evidence for that, besides right now they're to busy forcing Magneto on her anyway, not in a sexual way obviously...but Alex isn't the reason that Lorna hasn't gotten her due, it's just that he's the character they put her with, they were apart for years and she didn't get her due to many here so it wasn't Alex's fault...

I think Polaris and Rachel would be a cute couple.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    M is asexual. No touching.
    A tweak to this would be that, thanks to her telepathy, she *knew* that the 'Madrox' she hooked up with was a dupe, and, to her mind, 'didn't count' because 'he wasn't a real person, and was going to cease to exist tomorrow anyway.'

Extraordinary Member

Sign me up. Polaris is sssssooooo tied to Havok and Magento in her identity (but not the other way around for Alex and Havok) that hooking her up with another female would be a breath of fresh air.

I’d prefer Rachel or Aurora.

But I do like Salarta’s suggestion that Lorna sees Rachel more like a surrogate niece. And Lorna could use her in a best friends role. While Aurora would be someone unknown/fresh/new/exciting for Lorna. Especially with her multiple personalities.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 06-30-2020 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I think Polaris and Rachel would be a cute couple.
    We’re into the 21c, it would be really nice to start to see some inclusion of other options as well as straight or gay.
    I’d like to see some asexual, trans, bi etc.
    Let’s see the whole rainbow.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    We’re into the 21c, it would be really nice to start to see some inclusion of other options as well as straight or gay.
    I’d like to see some asexual, trans, bi etc.
    Let’s see the whole rainbow.
    Polaris and Rachel can be together and still be bi ...

They can even be biromantic asexuals.

I said this on the Polaris thread, but I don't think Rachel, or for that matter Daken or other kids of Lorna's peers would be good. If Lorna's treated as she should be, then it could come off like she's preying on her friends' kids.

"Yeah Jean, your daughter's got that mole on her butt same as I saw on you in the dressing room back when we were her age."

If Lorna's treated poorly, then it sets up for her getting treated like a kid herself despite her experience, and further entrenches how Marvel ignores her history.

My preference is Lorna and Jean. They have long-standing history way back to nearly the start, Lorna was the second woman to join the X-Men, and it would allow her to have a meaningful relationship with Jean again. My next one down is Lorna and Emma, because they have history with Genosha, and Gifted provided in-roads for them. Also while I don't support HoX/PoX/DoX, if you're someone who does, PoX had North as a chimera of Lorna and Emma for potential in-roads as well.

Also Soulsword in the Polaris thread suggested Lorna having multiple partners instead of just one, which I think is a good idea too.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)