Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I really liked how they were so similar yet different. Also liked that they differed in color to the costume colors of each heroine.
    Yeah, think I recall reading somewhere Lopresti modeled the helmets after different birds. Or at least he planned to.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I wonder what do you guys think about the Kyle Raynder romance
    Donna's probably lucky considering Kyle's girlfriend track record.
    Last edited by Gaius; 05-17-2021 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, think I recall reading somewhere Lopresti modeled the helmets after different birds. Or at least he planned to.

Donna's probably lucky considering Kyle's girlfriend track record.
    Well... Miss Sinestro is fine.... sort of.... well physically anyways. Hmm might be interesting to see her hang out with Donna.

Extraordinary Member

I think she has a new costume in Titans

I'm curious. Does Donna have any good storylines to have animated movies?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

The obvious answer is that she has Who Is Wonder Girl? but the origin might have to be tweaked based on what people want from it, and then The Return of Donna Troy.

Most of Donna's stories are Titans stories. She's never been given the chance to shine on her own and that's a shame.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm curious. Does Donna have any good storylines to have animated movies?
    Really not to be honest. Her storylines are
    *That one where shes kidnapped by Chronus who wants to marry her and spends the entire story as a damnsel in distress for the Teen Titans to save
    *That story where Donna wants to find out her past so Robin investigates her background for her with Donna playing Watson to his Sherlock
    *That story where post crisis rebooted her to be a child of the Titans and ends with her being the only surviving one, with the other Titans honestly contributing more to the story than she does.
    *That story where she is feeling sad because her origin got rebooted by Byrne and now shes not sure if shes a real girl.
    *And that story where she took up the mantle of Wonder Woman and immediently gets kidnapped by Circe and winds up being damnsel'd for Diana to rescue.

Its sad that I can think of better examples of Wonder Girl stories from Robert Kanighers works than from anything the Teen Titans ever did with her. At least then you could play love triangles with Donna trying to choose between a fish boy, a bird boy, and an alien.

Incredible Member

*That one where shes kidnapped by Chronus who wants to marry her and spends the entire story as a damnsel in distress for the Teen Titans to save
    I actually like this story because it provides some much appreciated Pre-Crisis Hippolyta and Donna interaction with the Titans visiting Paradise Island and Hippolyta teaming up with Starfire and Raven to rescue Donna.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    The obvious answer is that she has Who Is Wonder Girl? but the origin might have to be tweaked based on what people want from it, and then The Return of Donna Troy.

Most of Donna's stories are Titans stories. She's never been given the chance to shine on her own and that's a shame.
    Ah but which Titans? well sometimes both I guess. Now my brain got tingly at the idea of Deva joining the Teen Titans because Donna asked nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Those suits are hideous.
    They weren't well liked at the time either, they're too much. The Golden Eagle Armor is a lot to take in on it's own and times 3 was over the top. Bare midriff armor is never a good look anyway that's where everyone would aim their sword.

It looks so much better in the movie. The comic book version is not easy on the eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Really not to be honest. Her storylines are
    *That story where Donna wants to find out her past so Robin investigates her background for her with Donna playing Watson to his Sherlock
    *That story where post crisis rebooted her to be a child of the Titans and ends with her being the only surviving one, with the other Titans honestly contributing more to the story than she does.
    *That story where she is feeling sad because her origin got rebooted by Byrne and now shes not sure if shes a real girl.
    *And that story where she took up the mantle of Wonder Woman and immediently gets kidnapped by Circe and winds up being damnsel'd for Diana to rescue.

Its sad that I can think of better examples of Wonder Girl stories from Robert Kanighers works than from anything the Teen Titans ever did with her. At least then you could play love triangles with Donna trying to choose between a fish boy, a bird boy, and an alien.
    The adoption story is probably the best starting point. She also has her own villain in the form of Dark Angel. Wasn't there also a story where her offspring grew up to become a space tyrant?

It will some reconfiguration to make Donna Troy's stories adaptable but I think she has tremendous potential as a character. I think she works as long as you keep her as human as possible and serve as a foil to Diana's mythical status.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    It looks so much better in the movie. The comic book version is not easy on the eyes.

The adoption story is probably the best starting point. She also has her own villain in the form of Dark Angel. Wasn't there also a story where her offspring grew up to become a space tyrant?

It will some reconfiguration to make Donna Troy's stories adaptable but I think she has tremendous potential as a character. I think she works as long as you keep her as human as possible and serve as a foil to Diana's mythical status.
    Honestly doing the adoption story and just doing an original piece exploring her growing up on the island might be a nice film on its own. Toss in some silver age elements like Merboy, Birdboy, Rrara the alien girl, The Glop, a take on Dark Angel which isnt some broken overpowered reality warper...Could probably mine some good story from that.

Is there a story with a space tyrant offspring? That has me curious

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Honestly doing the adoption story and just doing an original piece exploring her growing up on the island might be a nice film on its own. Toss in some silver age elements like Merboy, Birdboy, Rrara the alien girl, The Glop, a take on Dark Angel which isnt some broken overpowered reality warper...Could probably mine some good story from that.

Is there a story with a space tyrant offspring? That has me curious
    I am unfamiliar with the Silver Age characters you mentioned. What makes them significant/interesting?

Robert Long aka Lord Chaos:

Born with the genetic structure of his mother, it was believed that Robert would one day be able to harness the power of the gods. In at least one future reality, Robert Long was instantly aged to adulthood whereupon he became a world conqueror calling himself Lord Chaos. In this future reality, a group of young insurrectionists calling themselves the Team Titans believed that the only way to stop Lord Chaos was to travel backwards in time and kill his mother before she gave birth to him. This tactic failed however as the infant Robert was later abducted and safeguarded by his older self.

Shortly after the events of Zero Hour, young Robert and his father Terry were tragically killed in an automobile accident, thus preventing the future Team Titans reality from ever manifesting. He and his father were resurrected by Black Lantern Rings when Nekron started assaulting the living. They were both killed by Donna, who snapped the neck of her undead son.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Robert_Hi...ng_(New_Earth)

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Those suits are hideous.
    In terms of being a normal costume yes. But for a special suit for special occasions I like them.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I am unfamiliar with the Silver Age characters you mentioned. What makes them significant/interesting?

Robert Long aka Lord Chaos:

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Robert_Hi...ng_(New_Earth)
    Back when Kanighers was writing the book, Wonder Woman was an anthology book with one 'Wonder Girl' story per issue. With Wonder Girl (who would later be retconned to have been Donna) having her own little supporting cast in her own portion of the stories.

Ronno the Merboy was a teenage member of the merfolk with their kingdom established to be not to far from Paradise Island. With the character being madly in love with Wonder Girl and basically serving as her primary love interest.

Wingo the Birdboy was a teenage member of the birdfolk, hailing from a kingdom in some clouds that perpetually sat above the ocean not far from the island, and for some reason would become part of a love triangle with Wonder Girl in the middle but would seemingly only ever pop up when Ronno was around.

Rrara was a shapeshifting alien that just popped up on the island and disguised herself as Wonder Girl to try and live a happy life, only to wind up stranded on the island and upon being outed, being offerered to just live on the island, becoming one of Wonder Girls friends.

And Glop was an alien slime mold that would absorb anything it came into contact with and integrate it to become a part of him. A villain who wanted to merge with Wonder Girl while perpetually playing cheesy 60s love songs because it ate a record player.

I really only bring them up because Donna is in short supply of characters unique to her, barring them and the occasional character referenced to be part of her photography career.
    And with the exception of Dark Angel, Perfection, Sparta, and Glop, I don't think Donna even has any rogues that are just hers.

WOW! Im looking at Lord Chaos and that is certainly an idea
    The son of Donna Troy...Wait...
    Lord Chaos follows the teens to the past and is able to prevent the Team Titans from killing Donna, and her son Robert Long is born. However, the Titans of Myth intervene at Donna's request, and strip the baby and herself of their godlike powers. The Titans of Myth take Lord Chaos with them to make him learn humility, stating, "He will either learn...or cease to be."
    THIS is the explanation for why Donna didn't have those fancy extra powers later on?!

Incredible Member

THIS is the explanation for why Donna didn't have those fancy extra powers later on?!
    Yep, after this she was a depowered supporting character in the Team Titans spinoff until she got new Darkstar powers for a bit. Then she lost those and just became a nonpowered love interest for Kyle Rayner before Byrne restored her connection to Diana and her powers in his Wonder Woman run. I know Byrne gets a bad rap for how awkward and complex some of his retcons with Donna were, but she was not in a very good place prior to Byrne attempting to fix her. I really think she benefitted in the long run more than she would have remaining Kyle's non powered love interest. I just wish he could have made it simpler and less wonky in places.