Page 234 of 374 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244284334 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 5596
    BANNED

If I could ban one word on this board, I honestly don't know if it would be trope or chemistry. One is constantly misused, the other has no meaning at all.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I agree. I miss her working at CatCo. I miss her being a reporter. We had a little of that earlier in this season, but it's been dropped since the midseason hiatus. I would have enjoyed watching Kara Danvers investigate Reign to find out more about her, rather than the team effort we got.

I think the problem with that is they haven't found anyone that Kara gels with as much in a student/mentor role more than Cat Grant. Snapper Carr was annoying to me, though I warmed up to him at the end of last season; and she just doesn't have any chemistry with James. Kara and Lena have great chemistry, but she's a Luthor so you expect her to be working in the tech field and not journalism. Heck, even though she bought Catco, she still delegated the Editor role to someone else. So we need a new Cat Grant- type character for Kara Danvers to play off of, IMO.
    Yeah, this is very true. The loss of Cat Grant was a gigantic blow to the show. She's clearly very difficult to replace but they really ought to try. She was a source for a lot of the show's humour and heart - the former is especially lacking with only Winn bringing some much needed humour to the proceedings, though even then not the same kind of snarky humour that only made her inherent goodness all the more endearing.

Let me ask the room at large- would it have made Alex a more interesting character if she and Kara had an antagonistic relationship, and grew to love one another over the course of the series? Lets face it- she could blame Kara (and Clark!) for her father's death, and resent Kara for all of the attention her mother gave her and the pressure her mother put on her to protect her. So what if, at the start of the show, she had been the one to shoot Kara out of the sky, and had been in firm agreement with Hank that Kara should go back to fetching coffee. But as the story progressed, they started working through their issues and became closer, and by the end of Season 1 they had become true sisters.
    Nah, I like Alex fine and I like that the antagonism does occasionally come out despite them being extremely close.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

And I don't have a problem with the Mon-El/ Kara relationship as long as a) Mon-El doesn't overshadow Kara on her own show and b) that the drama is kept to a minimum. Season 2 failed on the former and there just doesn't like a chance in hell that the latter would happen, what with this being a CW show.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Incredible Member

I'm a fan of Kara/Mon-El relationship, and that's weird coming from me because I rarely care for a couple. In my opinion, they had a better build up than other Arrowverse couples: there wasn't love at first sight, actually, they didn't like each other at the beginning. Then Mon-El was impressed by how Kara was someone who always help other people, and he wanted to be a better person, of course, at the beginning it was only to impress her but then he really wanted to be better; and now he is, and he knows he used to be an idiot and regrets that. He is a hero now. That's better than Oliver saying to Felicity that he wasn't lying when he told Deathstroke she was the woman who loved after a year of barely flirting, and Iris only showing romantic feelings to Barry after learning they were going to be a marriage in the future, or Kara and James pseudo relationship.

And I don't think Mon-El overshadowed Kara in S2, those were Alex and James. And it was pretty bad. I would gladly change Alex, James and Winn for Maggie.

Astonishing Member

I for one am not interested in Alex's relationships beyond casual mention. Have a girl friend and skip the baby angst. Winn I find obnoxious and ill conceived. The DC shows seem to have a habit of some schmoo really being a hidden super genius. Lena and James I can take but Guardian is also ridiculous as a low level Ollie or Cap.

J'onn and his father is an interesting plot line. However, sidelining him for every real fight is getting annoying. The latest one with Alex at peril was really stupid.

Mony and Kara - so sleep together already, cut out the moon eyed glances. Ditch Imra and give her the 30th cent. house and car. Send the papers through a time capsule.

Let me ask the room at large- would it have made Alex a more interesting character if she and Kara had an antagonistic relationship, and grew to love one another over the course of the series? Lets face it- she could blame Kara (and Clark!) for her father's death, and resent Kara for all of the attention her mother gave her and the pressure her mother put on her to protect her. So what if, at the start of the show, she had been the one to shoot Kara out of the sky, and had been in firm agreement with Hank that Kara should go back to fetching coffee. But as the story progressed, they started working through their issues and became closer, and by the end of Season 1 they had become true sisters.
    I think they're too old for that petty sibling rivalry thing (and Alex holding a grudge against Kara for Jeremiah is super villain thinking), and I do like that Kara's most important relationship on the show is the sisterly bond she has with Alex.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post

But the Mon-El/Kara ship needs to sink harder than the Titanic.

I get that the two are dating in real life, but its felt more forced than almost any of the other Arrowverse ships, and that's saying something.
    Yep. Someone throw an iceberg at them. They're making the show almost unwatchable for me, which is sad.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I think they're too old for that petty sibling rivalry thing (and Alex holding a grudge against Kara for Jeremiah is super villain thinking), and I do like that Kara's most important relationship on the show is the sisterly bond she has with Alex.
    True. Although Alex as a supervillian would be very interesting to see, especially slowly developed over time.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elenita View Post
    True. Although Alex as a supervillian would be very interesting to see, especially slowly developed over time.
    Too horribly cliche.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Mighty Member

That force field device Winn created is great. Too bad it didn't help that DEO agent though.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I assume Superman is yet again under some form of mind control during this world-catastrophic event.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    That force field device Winn created is great. Too bad it didn't help that DEO agent though.
    To be fair, he got hit by three Kryptoninan heat visions at full power for an extended time. A little tweaking, and it'll be great for the next guy!

Why does the actress who plays the dark haired Kryptonian priestess look so familiar?

You know, when the city is being hit with a massive earthquake, that would be a pretty good time to transfer your troops from the highrise headquarters to the underground headquarters.

Ultimate Member

I'm still expecting one of these days for Winn to be revealed to be half alien since he's apparently the smartest guy in the world, or one of them...he picked up Kryptonian computer code in a matter of minutes and such, he merges with Braniac and goes from there...perhaps in the end he and Kara too...

To be fair, he got hit by three Kryptoninan heat visions at full power for an extended time. A little tweaking, and it'll be great for the next guy!

Why does the actress who plays the dark haired Kryptonian priestess look so familiar?
    Because that’s sara douglas, who played zod’s wife in “ superman II”