Page 326 of 347 FirstFirst ... 226276316322323324325326327328329330336 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,890 of 5196

Quote Originally Posted by The Other SpiderMan View Post
    Kinda odd. The only time Miles has shown that level of intelligence was in an issue of Ms Marvel but otherwise he's just "honor roll student" smart at most. Either Insomniac really did their research or they're putting their own spin on him.
    Well, the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon made him a super-genius on par with Peter who also builds robots, but that show made a lot of characters smarter then they are in the comics to go along with the science focus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    That is true, then again we really haven't gotten a lot of Miles' academic skills in his own books as far as I can remember. I have however noticed an intelligence creep in the MU overall and we've never really seen Miles encounter an opponent that really needed a high level of intelligence to defeat, so who knows where exactly he lays on the scale.
    We haven't really seen much of Miles' school life in general outside him hanging out with Ganke and Goldballs.

I think Miles is probably above-average intelligence, but would come off as "normal" compared to the super-scientists of the Marvel Universe.

Spectacular Member Obsidian Spider's Avatar

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this thread. I've only read the last 15 pages of the 325 total so forgive me if I tread old territory.

My question is: why do they keep giving Miles all these extra weird powers?

First it was invisibility. I mean, I guess that makes as much sense as spider-sense but...

Then they give him a venom blast which lets him win pretty much every fight.

Now... organic energy webs?

They must have experimented the **** out of the spider that bit him.

I say, spend less time loading him up with more powers (when your basic spider powers are already the coolest you could ever ask for) and spend more time on character development.

He's at a school for the gifted and we never get into any of what that means. At least the new cartoon has him actually going to class and making tech and stuff.

They need to have a more grounded arc that shows him actually go to class and show his academic side. What are his interests? What did he want to do before the whole superhero thing?

Introduce an inspiring new teacher that he looks up to and then have that teacher become a villain. BOOM! Character development that leads right into a cool new villain that has a personal connection to Miles.

Is Miles into science? Does he have a knack for being a detective? Does he have any desire to play sports? What music does he like?

I hope that the new movie gets into some of this. I imagine it will. Movies tend to be better at character development because civilian scenes can last longer than in comics.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents on Miles. Love the kid. Get a writer on to take him to the next level he deserves.

Rio said he used to get all A's and B's in the first issue of the run that just ended which is why she called in his grandma when his grades started to slip. Outside of that there hasn't really been any mention of how smart Miles is consistently. Definitely not anywhere close to being comparable to Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian Spider View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this thread. I've only read the last 15 pages of the 325 total so forgive me if I tread old territory.

My question is: why do they keep giving Miles all these extra weird powers?

First it was invisibility. I mean, I guess that makes as much sense as spider-sense but...

Then they give him a venom blast which lets him win pretty much every fight.

Now... organic energy webs?

They must have experimented the **** out of the spider that bit him.

I say, spend less time loading him up with more powers (when your basic spider powers are already the coolest you could ever ask for) and spend more time on character development.

He's at a school for the gifted and we never get into any of what that means. At least the new cartoon has him actually going to class and making tech and stuff.

They need to have a more grounded arc that shows him actually go to class and show his academic side. What are his interests? What did he want to do before the whole superhero thing?

Introduce an inspiring new teacher that he looks up to and then have that teacher become a villain. BOOM! Character development that leads right into a cool new villain that has a personal connection to Miles.

Is Miles into science? Does he have a knack for being a detective? Does he have any desire to play sports? What music does he like?

I hope that the new movie gets into some of this. I imagine it will. Movies tend to be better at character development because civilian scenes can last longer than in comics.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents on Miles. Love the kid. Get a writer on to take him to the next level he deserves.
    A lot of people felt Miles needed to be more distinguishable from Peter and Bendis seemed to agree so he gave Miles more powers. I absolutely adore the camouflage and can live with the original Venom Sting as long as it's not the insta-win Bendis loved to use it as but I despise the "Mega Venom Blast", super punches and webs.

I agree that distinguishing Miles as a character is a lot more important and impactful than his powers. Especially since his powers were already the most distinguishable part about him compared to other Spider-people which didn't solve the problem. To me it only made him feel like Bendis went too far and Miles no longer felt like a spider-character to me.

It's also why I'm excited for "Into the Spider-Verse". The writers of that movie clearly want to make him different from Peter Parker ("Don't do it like me, do it like you") and seeing him already have an interest in art so much so that it's clearly going to play a role in him creating his suit has me incredibly optimistic about how they're going to portray him and if it's done how I imagine I hope that becomes the standard in the comics as well.

Miles has a lot of potential but getting new powers isn't how to unlock it especially when he's the legacy character of the most popular superhero of all time so Spider-Man's powers are definitely not the problem.
    Last edited by The Other SpiderMan; 06-12-2018 at 06:41 PM.

He's not a super genius like some of his Champions teammates (Riri, Amadeus, and Nadia), but he and Kamala are no slouches (Nova, and maybe Snowguard who we don't know enough about yet, are the only ones you'd not call smart). Leonardo didn't recruit him for that SHIELD thing for nothing (will that go anywhere?).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He's not a super genius like some of his Champions teammates (Riri, Amadeus, and Nadia), but he and Kamala are no slouches (Nova, and maybe Snowguard who we don't know enough about yet, are the only ones you'd not call smart). Leonardo didn't recruit him for that SHIELD thing for nothing (will that go anywhere?).
    Yeah, you'd think something like this would have some major implications for the MU considering it would be the replacement for one of the most major organizations around.

Leonardo didn't recruit him for that SHIELD thing for nothing (will that go anywhere?).
    Who knows. That seemed to be Bendis' thing so I wouldn't be surprised if nothing came out of that plotline.

Quote Originally Posted by The Other SpiderMan View Post
    Who knows. That seemed to be Bendis' thing so I wouldn't be surprised if nothing came out of that plotline.
    I'm interested because even if Bendis didn't leave Marvel, Iron Man #600 would've still been his last Iron Man issue, so I wonder was he planning to write a new book, or weave that into his other books around it, or just did it for future writers to use.

Also, considering they resurrected Hickman's SHIELD book right as Leonardo makes his re-appearance, it feels like they do want to do something with that eventually.

Spectacular Member

I'm very excited to see how they are going to handle animating the Venom Blast in "Into the Spider-Verse".

Spider-Man-Miles-Morales-Marvel-Comics-h4.jpg

Pichelli Pop Art Style

Early Marquez

Later Marquez

I hadn't even thought of that, with the art style they have I imagine it's going to a burst of color effect. I do hope that they keep it gold as I feel that it complements Miles' costume best,
    I think Miles skill set will mesh very well with this movie's art style.

Here's a picture of that physical issue of the Daily Bugle about Miles from E3.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Here's a picture of that physical issue of the Daily Bugle about Miles from E3.
    Also gives good look at the villains .

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I'm interested because even if Bendis didn't leave Marvel, Iron Man #600 would've still been his last Iron Man issue, so I wonder was he planning to write a new book, or weave that into his other books around it, or just did it for future writers to use.

Also, considering they resurrected Hickman's SHIELD book right as Leonardo makes his re-appearance, it feels like they do want to do something with that eventually.
    It actually wouldn't. Iron Man only became available because Bendis left.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX View Post
    I'm very excited to see how they are going to handle animating the Venom Blast in "Into the Spider-Verse".
    Without bringing up the beaten horse, I imagine if it is present it'll be toned down like very other non-Bendis usage of it. :P
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

It actually wouldn't. Iron Man only became available because Bendis left.
    Nope, Bendis said that even before the deal to move to DC, he was still gonna be leaving Jessica Jones at #18 and Iron Man at #600, it was just Defenders and Spider-Man that prematurely ended.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Miles is in the final panel of the latest Venom issue.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."