Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I'm not happy. I'm really, really sad. Can't you all see? Storm is crying. Wolverine is gone. I don't see why I even have to be excited about the issue anymore.

Ican't believe I'm crying over a character, I should be able to control this because I'm inside an internet cafe and there are people here. But I just can't stop. I just can't.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I'm not happy. I'm really, really sad. Can't you all see? Storm is crying. Wolverine is gone. I don't see why I even have to be excited about the issue anymore.
    Can't you be happy to see how much she cared about the guy? She did just tap into a solar wave to grieve him.

o

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Don't get me started on how they treated the founder's death. I mean seriously, the guy brought them all together, taught them all and forged really good relationships with Logan, Ororo, Peter....The majority of the X-men loved him. Those that didn't shouldn't really have anything to do with celebrating his legacy.

o
    I was so looking forward for his death to be the driving force of many X-books solos or team-ups but his death was used to power the Red Skull. I wanted to read his controlling of his students lives even in death but ..... all I have to look forward to is Axis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    I was so looking forward for his death to be the driving force of many X-books solos or team-ups but his death was used to power the Red Skull. I wanted to read his controlling of his students lives even in death but ..... all I have to look forward to is Axis.
    Don't get me started. I get that the Xfrat is run by guys that didn't like Chuck but seriously?

o

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Can't you be happy to see how much she cared about the guy? She did just tap into a solar wave to grieve him.

o
    I consider myself part of the story. I'm not grieving for Storm's grieving. I'm grieving for Wolverine too.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    The auroras are caused by solar radiation impacting the upper atmosphere and naturally disapating over the poles. The fact that you can see it in Kenya (on the equator) means that she is channeling a lot of it.
    well damn.............................................. .......
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Looks good.

I'd love to see the scene before that though where Ororo clearly had to ask Hank to take her in to orbit so she could unleash her emotions.
    In fact she says she doesn't want to hurt anyone else. So it's possible we will see her initial (and possible explosive) reaction to the news of Logan's demise in the issue.
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_lynch15 View Post
    Looks good.

I'd love to see the scene before that though where Ororo clearly had to ask Hank to take her in to orbit so she could unleash her emotions.
    In fact she says she doesn't want to hurt anyone else. So it's possible we will see her initial (and possible explosive) reaction to the news of Logan's demise in the issue.
    THAT is what I wanna see SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

O you are very welcome boo!!

Weather god!!!!! We miss you please come back to us!!!

Mr. Pak THANK THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR PASSION AND LOVE AND THE CARE YOU TAKE IN MAKING SURE SHE IS WRITTEN CORRECTLY!!!!! I was just ranting about how Storm does not need weather for her powers to function and you demonstrate that her powers can work in space and without the need of weather. Manipulating the solar winds is essentially her manipulating radiation, which is a form of energy. This is what her powers allow her to do - manipulate various forms of energy

Thank you for remembering this and thank you for not reducing her to the untruth that many writers recently have said and that is she needs weather to use her powers.

I absolutely love you and cannot wait for tomorrow to purchase my copy of this issue!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    O you are very welcome boo!!

Weather god!!!!! We miss you please come back to us!!!

Mr. Pak THANK THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR PASSION AND LOVE AND THE CARE YOU TAKE IN MAKING SURE SHE IS WRITTEN CORRECTLY!!!!! I was just ranting about how Storm does not need weather for her powers to function and you demonstrate that her powers can work in space and without the need of weather. Manipulating the solar winds is essentially her manipulating radiation, which is a form of energy. This is what her powers allow her to do - manipulate various forms of energy

Thank you for remembering this and thank you for not reducing her to the untruth that many writers recently have said and that is she needs weather to use her powers.

I absolutely love you and cannot wait for tomorrow to purchase my copy of this issue!!

Transformation Tuesday kyss!
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

I just KNEW launching her into orbit would have some effect on the IPM
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroexxx View Post

Transformation Tuesday kyss!
    yes boo its a new day!!!! And im loving it.

So this is a pretty impressive showing and all without going roguestorm. It seems we got wat we wished for!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Even if all this grief is just about Logan, I don't care. H Storm has never lost a lover in her life and this is how she grieves for him! If Pak does not mention Xavier or anyone else in this episode of anguish she's going through, it won't matter to me. We are witnessing Storm using cosmic forces on a global scale. I'm good with that.
    Had to respond to a poster on another board and thought I would add what I said to this post:

This is the first time she's ever lost a lover. Before losing Logan, she just recently lost Xavier. She lost Nightcrawler to only get him back recently and Jean is still gone. So this thing with Logan is probably the straw the broke the camel's back. Not only that, but Wolverine is the one person in her life that has been a constant throughout her career as an X-Man. He was a solid bedrock of strength for her and she could always count on him

Every other member of the second generation X-Men left the team at some point. Nightcrawler, Colossus and Shadowcat joined Excalibur. Cyclops left after Jean died, came back and then left again with X-Factor. Banshee lost his powers and left the team to be with Moira. Heck, even Xavier left for about 75 issues.

Wolverine and Storm were the only two mutants to stay with the X-Men. They became the heart and soul of the team and drew especially close to each other when Storm lost her powers. That bond of friendship continued and grew until the day he died. Whenever one of them went through a rough patch, the other was there right beside them. They supported each other. Marvel can try and call Jean Grey Storm's best friend all they want, but truth be told, they were hardly on the same team together until the 90s. Canonically, Wolverine was really Storm's best and most trusted friend. They became lovers (I would have supported such a move for the two IF Wolverine did not have that ongoing obsession with Jean Grey) and now he's dead.

Wolverine was arguably also like an older brother figure for Storm. He enhanced her already formidable H2H combat skills, taught her how to shoot making her an excellent marksman in the event she ever found herself in a position where she could not use her elemental powers, he shared her passion for the natural world (in their own way), both were ferociously primal and of all the X-Men, he was the only other member besides Ororo (and Xavier) to have an "old soul." Storm and Wolverine bonded closely in so many ways as friends.

I don't have a problem with this reaction to that fact for these reasons alone. On top of all of this, look at what Storm has been going through in terms of "deaths in the family".

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yes boo its a new day!!!! And im loving it.

So this is a pretty impressive showing and all without going roguestorm. It seems we got wat we wished for!!!
    I think Pak secretly lurks the Storm forum lol. Remember when we were thinking about her using the aurora or making them?? XD I swear I'll marry the guy! (If Dylan O'brien isn't available)
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Had to respond to a poster on another board and thought I would add what I said to this post:

This is the first time she's ever lost a lover. Before losing Logan, she just recently lost Xavier. She lost Nightcrawler to only get him back recently and Jean is still gone. So this thing with Logan is probably the straw the broke the camel's back. Not only that, but Wolverine is the one person in her life that has been a constant throughout her career as an X-Man. He was a solid bedrock of strength for her and she could always count on him

Every other member of the second generation X-Men left the team at some point. Nightcrawler, Colossus and Shadowcat joined Excalibur. Cyclops left after Jean died, came back and then left again with X-Factor. Banshee lost his powers and left the team to be with Moira. Heck, even Xavier left for about 75 issues.

Wolverine and Storm were the only two mutants to stay with the X-Men. They became the heart and soul of the team and drew especially close to each other when Storm lost her powers. That bond of friendship continued and grew until the day he died. Whenever one of them went through a rough patch, the other was there right beside them. They supported each other. Marvel can try and call Jean Grey Storm's best friend all they want, but truth be told, they were hardly on the same team together until the 90s. Canonically, Wolverine was really Storm's best and most trusted friend. They became lovers (I would have supported such a move for the two IF Wolverine did not have that ongoing obsession with Jean Grey) and now he's dead.

Wolverine was arguably also like an older brother figure for Storm. He enhanced her already formidable H2H combat skills, taught her how to shoot making her an excellent marksman in the event she ever found herself in a position where she could not use her elemental powers, he shared her passion for the natural world (in their own way), both were ferociously primal and of all the X-Men, he was the only other member besides Ororo (and Xavier) to have an "old soul." Storm and Wolverine bonded closely in so many ways as friends.

I don't have a problem with this reaction to that fact for these reasons alone. On top of all of this, look at what Storm has been going through in terms of "deaths in the family".
    Great post rutog. I saw this and the poster said this made her looked pathetic and weak. Interesting. I wonder has that poster ever lost a loved one. On top of that I wonder has that poster had to deal with not only the lost of a loved one but several loved ones including one who was a father figure to her. Add to that having to deal with a really bad breakup with your one true love only to conclude it was never meant to be. Call me a weak and pathetic but having to deal with all of that im surprised we haven't seen something on this scale a lot earlier.