Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Considering this revelation, imagine the awkward conversation they’d be having had they killed him in crucible trying to restore his powers only to find they couldn’t resurrect him due to not being a mutant.
    That would just be an eye opener on how barbaric the process is.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I'm not really invested in FF at all and don't particularly care whether Franklin is a mutant, but given that it has been established for years that he is, this seems like a dumb retcon. Like, Slott really looked at what Remender did with the twins during SixiS and thought wow what good idea!

Also irritated by how non X-writers keep leaning on that mutants only rule for drama despite it being contradicted in the actual X-books.

The metaphorical implication is also terrible. "Remember kids your biological family is the only one that matters and they will always love and support you, as long as conform to a particular way of being, not like those nasty found families who will ditch you at the first opportunity."

Yeah this just totally made that X/4 mini totally useless. So going by Sinister, he just needs to get his powers back and make himself a mutant again and he’ll be welcomed again. However, if I were him I’d be pissed... this is now super villains are created.

Happily, I have one less comic to spend money on. Thank you for the heads up, so I didn’t waste any money today. This is trash. Maybe when the run ends, it’ll all make sense and turn out to be a good story and I’ll change my mind. But I won’t spend another cent on this run.

That’s all.

Mighty Member

The direction we should take Franklin is that he should take advantage of his sister to try to regain his powers. Instead of regaining them, he ends up discovering he can take away powers. He then attacks a bunch of mutants for their powers to draw out the X-Men where he proceeds to take their powers. Then he loots Krakoa of the mutants and their powers so that he is the one true mutant in existence.

I know, it's a bad fanfic, but the bad fanfic I read where something like this happens is still better than this run.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    So why is Johnny still straight? Revealing him as bi would sell tons.
    we have been ready to embrace Johnny gay side for at least 2 decades now, there is nothing controversial about it
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

i always thought he was more a like an ''universal entity'' more than a mere mutant

Mad Jim jaspers still being a mutant?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Considering this revelation, imagine the awkward conversation they’d be having had they killed him in crucible trying to restore his powers only to find they couldn’t resurrect him due to not being a mutant.
    okay okay okay okay okay so THAT brings up a VERY interesting point.
    How ESSENTIAL is the X-gene to this whole resurrection process via THE FIVE?
    Because if we break down the process (please correct me if I'm incorrect, fam) ....so long as someone's consciousness etc is downloaded/stored in one of those swank Cerebros, they just gotta speed grow a body in one of Fabio's eggs and BOOM we have "new life" .....correct?

So.... TECHNICALLY, so long as they have DNA samples(?) and take the time to get the consciousness added to the inventory(?) they should be able to resurrect anyone they want, no?
    Maybe?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I'm not really invested in FF at all and don't particularly care whether Franklin is a mutant, but given that it has been established for years that he is, this seems like a dumb retcon. Like, Slott really looked at what Remender did with the twins during SixiS and thought wow what good idea!

Also irritated by how non X-writers keep leaning on that mutants only rule for drama despite it being contradicted in the actual X-books.

The metaphorical implication is also terrible. "Remember kids your biological family is the only one that matters and they will always love and support you, as long as conform to a particular way of being, not like those nasty found families who will ditch you at the first opportunity."
    It wasn't contradicted on X-books. Juggernaut also wasn't allowed on Krakoa

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Because if we break down the process (please correct me if I'm incorrect, fam) ....so long as someone's consciousness etc is downloaded/stored in one of those swank Cerebros, they just gotta speed grow a body in one of Fabio's eggs and BOOM we have "new life" .....correct?

So.... TECHNICALLY, so long as they have DNA samples(?) and take the time to get the consciousness added to the inventory(?) they should be able to resurrect anyone they want, no?
    Maybe?
    Cerebro didn't detected the mutant gene and couldn't back up Franklin. It is just a clone proccess too

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    we have been ready to embrace Johnny gay side for at least 2 decades now, there is nothing controversial about it
    That makes you wonder even more why they don't just go for it Out Johnny pair him with Bobby Botta bing Botta boom that could be global news.

Maybe?
    In theory the X-Gene doesn't matter but they only use the process on mutants, Cerebro should be able to scan any brain though.

Maybe?
    Cerebro only stores mutant minds, which is kinda the explanation Slott used here for why Xavier discovered Franklin isn't a mutant, I guess. But why didn't he notice that before... ehh I guess we'll never know

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Cerebro only stores mutant minds, which is kinda the explanation Slott used here for why Xavier discovered Franklin isn't a mutant, I guess
    So what happened to the previous copies? Have they been deleted?

Thanks e'rybuddy!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    It wasn't contradicted on X-books. Juggernaut also wasn't allowed on Krakoa
    Kyle, Northstar's human husband, lives on Krakoa. Although we haven't seen them, it's almost certain that Karma's human brother and sister are living with her. I'm pretty sure they offered to bring Beak's mother and father before they were killed.