Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast
    Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Did Emma not bring Forges human friend to live on Krakoa. The guy with the brain schematics to make Forges mutant depowered gun? I don't get why Xavier is doing this if its a rule already broken unless FF writers didn't get the memo.

Also Emma invited humans in MSF in Fractions run despite Cyclope being against it. And in the terrigen mist thing when Storm took them to limbo humans were allowed there with their mutant families
    There is a difference. Franklin Richards is a dangerous reality manipulator, like the Scarlet Witch. Only, he has the potential to be more devastating to mutants than the original “Pretender.” He is too much of a security threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    There is a difference. Franklin Richards is a dangerous reality manipulator, like the Scarlet Witch. Only, he has the potential to be more devastating to mutants than the original “Pretender.” He is too much of a security threat.
    Nevertheless, if Franklin was recognized as a mutant, he would be welcomed in Krakoa, a dangerous threat or not. There is already a large bunch of dangerous mutants on the island.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Nevertheless, if Franklin was recognized as a mutant, he would be welcomed in Krakoa, a dangerous threat or not. There is already a large bunch of dangerous mutants on the island.
    But he is not one, and his belief that he is one makes him delusional. Mutants cannot afford to trifle with delusional reality manipulators.

Incredible Member

But he is not one, and his belief that he is one makes him delusional. Mutants cannot afford to trifle with delusional reality manipulators.
    They can't afford to piss them off either.

BANNED

why are people discussing the logistics of what xavier did and how he shold've handled it when it's so transparently, suspension breakingly obvious that slott just forced this to separate franklin from krakoa and not have it interfere in his plots?

it's literally the hand of god coming down, reaching into the characters soul, and ripping this aspect of theirs out abruptly at the end of the issue.

it might not even be an enduring change, it could be a sleight of hand just as well as could be revealed by the end of this arc, or a few arcs down the road
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 11-22-2020 at 12:31 PM.

Wanda's access to reality warping is limited. It's dependent on powers she taps into. So these two are not the same. Reality warpers, like magic users are only as dangerous as writers make them. Which goes the same for any super powered character. Because they all at times can do things they weren't able to do before. The limits are only based on the imagination that wrote them. No one had a problem with Franklin creating a pocket universe or controlling Galactus, but now have a problem now that he's not a mutant.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMutantTheorist View Post
    Im not sure if this retcon is fake or is a step towards something bigger. It's just a theory but what if Franklin channels his inner Wanda when after he finds oiut the fact that hes not a mutant and re retcons everyone who was retconed to not be a mutant like Wanda, Pietro, Squirrel Girl, Cloak, and Dagger to be mutant again. Prolly never gonna happen but I feel like the maximoff twins retcon is gonna be undone soon so it could happen in some other twisted way. Wanda could have easily done the opposite and changed reality so that she isnt a mutant. Im hoping Franklin is just imagining that whole convo with Xavier.
    All of this isn't needed. A lot of those characters had barely any impact on mutant stories. And that would likely never change. It seems Marvel is trying to stream line things.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    All of this isn't needed. A lot of those characters had barely any impact on mutant stories. And that would likely never change. It seems Marvel is trying to stream line things.
    It was still a part of their identity. Wanda and Pietro were mutants...established before any family ties. Wanda was a character that was unique in mutantdom because she was a mutant that didn't want her powers. I can't even think of any characters that are like that. Not every person in the world in the world wants to be a person of color or like their sexual orientation or have some deformity. So yea, everyone is Kumbaya now, but she gave me an interesting insight on a different perspective. So her story of a mutant actually hating being a mutant is interesting and had the unfortunate side effect of putting her where she is today. So I related to her in a way since i have a disability that I can't change and was born with. Good to see her stay compassionate and defy odds, but then they had the character go completely off the rails and achieve power levels that made no sense. So for her, I'd argue its important.

In the end I would've loved for her to embrace that she was different and come to terms with it. Rather than expel it like some disease. I'd think mutants could learn a lot form her in that aspect.
    Last edited by Tmacaoni; 11-22-2020 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    It was still a part of their identity. Wanda and Pietro were mutants...established before any family ties. Wanda was a character that was unique in mutantdom because she was a mutant that didn't want her powers. I can't even think of any characters that are like that. Not every person in the world in the world wants to be a person of color or like their sexual orientation or have some deformity. So yea, everyone is Kumbaya now, but she gave me an interesting insight on a different perspective. So her story of a mutant actually hating being a mutant is interesting and had the unfortunate side effect of putting her where she is today. So I related to her in a way since i have a disability that I can't change and was born with. Good to see her stay compassionate and defy odds, but then they had the character go completely off the rails and achieve power levels that made no sense. So for her, I'd argue its important.
    It was a fact about them. But especially for Wanda, was barely used. Same goes for Squirrel girl. Wanda never said she didn't want her powers. That's a rewrite by Bendis who did very poor research on the character.

Her story of being a mutant was basically non-existent because the chaos magic stuff took hold in the 70s and made that stuff background to her.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Did Emma not bring Forges human friend to live on Krakoa. The guy with the brain schematics to make Forges mutant depowered gun? I don't get why Xavier is doing this if its a rule already broken unless FF writers didn't get the memo.

Also Emma invited humans in MSF in Fractions run despite Cyclope being against it. And in the terrigen mist thing when Storm took them to limbo humans were allowed there with their mutant families
    I am fairly certain that because of what he knows he is not allowed to leave ever again.

I don't think you can apply what the X-men did before Hickman came along to the present day X-men who are not exactly buddy/buddy with humanity.

Ok, so we are just ignoring Apocalypse, Selene, Exodus, Shaw, Gorgon, Mystique and every other murderous, backstabbing, power hungry, psycho with an X-gene currently on the Island with full pardon's then? Beings who willingly and knowingly have caused death and destruction with no remorse.

But oh yes now that he isn't a mutant Franklin is threat, though i wonder if Xavier's actions won't be the cause for him to see him as nothing but a manipulator? Or maybe somewhere down the line he learns that Charlie decided his dad needed a mental adjustment because mutant first and everyone else second? I think that once more Xavier's actions do no one good in the long run and will come back and bite him and others in the butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    why are people discussing the logistics of what xavier did and how he shold've handled it when it's so transparently, suspension breakingly obvious that slott just forced this to separate franklin from krakoa and not have it interfere in his plots?

it's literally the hand of god coming down, reaching into the characters soul, and ripping this aspect of theirs out abruptly at the end of the issue.

it might not even be an enduring change, it could be a sleight of hand just as well as could be revealed by the end of this arc, or a few arcs down the road
    It was a slow weekend for me and i needed the lulz.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I am fairly certain that because of what he knows he is not allowed to leave ever again.

I don't think you can apply what the X-men did before Hickman came along to the present day X-men who are not exactly buddy/buddy with humanity.
    They could mind wipe him. And it wasn't stated that he was an exception. Also Shogo is allowed

Richards power alone would grant him a place as an exception any how and Cain is Xaviers brother like Shogo is family to Jubilee

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Ok, so we are just ignoring Apocalypse, Selene, Exodus, Shaw, Gorgon, Mystique and every other murderous, backstabbing, power hungry, psycho with an X-gene currently on the Island with full pardon's then? Beings who willingly and knowingly have caused death and destruction with no remorse.

But oh yes now that he isn't a mutant Franklin is threat, though i wonder if Xavier's actions won't be the cause for him to see him as nothing but a manipulator? Or maybe somewhere down the line he learns that Charlie decided his dad needed a mental adjustment because mutant first and everyone else second? I think that once more Xavier's actions do no one good in the long run and will come back and bite him and others in the butt.
    You make a good point I mean Sinister literally just killed his entire team.

Krakoa is a nation for mutants. Anything involving mutants is their responsibility to handle, be it punishment, training, ressurection, etc.

Franklin Richards is now an human US citizen and therefore simply doesn't fall under their jurisdiction

(Plus Agatha's was just joking.)
    Last edited by nandes; 11-22-2020 at 05:20 PM.