Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    that is not t how things like that work, 10 times the range requires 100 times the power, 100 times requires 10,000 times the power. Radio propagation then comes into effect and limits most of the power to about 5/4ths the geometric line of sight unless you are working at lower frequencies (which require big antennas), And that is only in areas with no obstructions

You can be great-full for those effects otherwise cell Phones, which depend on those limits, would not work.
    Since the short-range devices seem to be regular battery-powered electronics (they've rarely been plugged in), Tony just installs a few larger devices powered by gigawatt arc reactor/repulsor 'battery' (or whatever we're calling it these days) generators on the top of the largest buildings in the city. Either that, or since he's all about networking these days, does it like a wifi setup for the city with jammers and repeaters every city block or so.

And for the specific type of emanation we're talking about here, I'd expect the jammers to deal with obstructions about as well as what they're jamming... and telepathy has never really been presented as blocked by walls or being in a subbasement in the MU as far as I can recall.

It's official. Since Axis has started, I officially hate all Marvel characters right now. This story is the worst. All the characters are the worst. It's going to make it so that when "Time Runs Out" and all the universe is reset, I won't even care.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I'm always amazed at how much the X-men have accepted her considering what she did to them.
    Well, if Jean could forgive her for the whole Dark Phoenix thing, then why not everyone else too.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Cage View Post
    It's official. Since Axis has started, I officially hate all Marvel characters right now. This story is the worst. All the characters are the worst. It's going to make it so that when "Time Runs Out" and all the universe is reset, I won't even care.
    It hasn't spoiled my taste of all the characters but has definitely left a bad taste in my mouth with Captain Falcon and Iron Man. Even though I know they were inverted, they were the most annoying and douchey of the inverted to listen to. Pretty much every time they spoke they sounded like the world's biggest tools. God I wish they got their asses kicked more this event.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 12-23-2014 at 12:53 AM.

It was fun watching evil Powerman go off and being greedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    that is not t how things like that work, 10 times the range requires 100 times the power, 100 times requires 10,000 times the power. Radio propagation then comes into effect and limits most of the power to about 5/4ths the geometric line of sight unless you are working at lower frequencies (which require big antennas), And that is only in areas with no obstructions

You can be great-full for those effects otherwise cell Phones, which depend on those limits, would not work.
    Between Starks Dyson sphere and the other earth phased into this one, I imagine Stark has access to all the power he needs these days.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It hasn't spoiled my taste of all the characters but has definitely left a bad taste in my mouth with Captain Falcon and Iron Man. Even though I know they were inverted, they were the most annoying and douchey of the inverted to listen to. Pretty much every time they spoke they sounded like the world's biggest tools. God I wish they got their asses kicked more this event.
    Apocalypse handing Falcon his ass wasn't enough for you? Actually, wasn't enough for me, either.

BANNED

Just have him fight Rogue again. 0 for three?

Inverted Skull is probably the greatest accidental comedy of all time. Or maybe it's intentional? Is it even Skull, or Xavier concealing his identity?

I think the one emotional punch next issue can pack is the bittersweet effect of reverting the Inversion. Sure, most of the heroes will come back to their senses but the villains who had a clear shot at redemption will have that taken away from them, therefore leaving them to do evil all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    Apocalypse handing Falcon his ass wasn't enough for you? Actually, wasn't enough for me, either.
    Dude needs an asskicking for every time he opens his mouth till he learns what a tool he is. It was what made it satisfying to watch Spock squirm back in SSM. Though I will admit, those asskickings he got that issue were very nice to watch given how he's been acting since being inverted.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 12-23-2014 at 01:05 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    She stopped being an anatagonist in Uncanny X-Men 210 when Magneto leading the X-Men at the time formed an alliance with the Hellfire Club (1986). The New Mutants and Magneto then had an argument over whether they should be allowed onto battlefield in New Mutants 75 (1989). After Xavier came back they formalised their alliance (Uncanny X-Men 281, 1991). The ones who she kidnapped and locked in cages consisted of Xavier, Colossus, Wolverine and Nightcrawler all who have forgiven her. Storm hasn't and that was the Phoenix Force not Jean at the time. She also was co-Headmistress with Banshee in Gen X (Generation X 1 1994).

After Morrisons X-Men she re-opened the school as no one else wanted. Most thought she was mind-controlling Cyclops. However, by Manifest Destiny most have forgiven her.

Storm hasn't but there has been some development on their relationship. And I don't think Dani Moonstar has forgiven her but they are able to work together. Kitty Pryde and Emma have had a lot of development on their relationship so there is a mutual understanding there.
    Have heard of but haven't read those issues, will track them down at comic book shows sooner or later. What really amazes me is Cyclops being her lover. I don't think Storm should ever forgive her, this is the woman that stole her body once.

BANNED

It is an achievement of sorts when the writer manages to make the heroes completely detested by some of the readers. Then again they've been doing this for years now. Personally I don't see much difference between Inverted Tony and Regular Tony.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, if Jean could forgive her for the whole Dark Phoenix thing, then why not everyone else too.
    But Jean wasn't Pheonix, so Emma didn't do anything to her.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    It is an achievement of sorts when the writer manages to make the heroes completely detested by some of the readers. Then again they've been doing this for years now. Personally I don't see much difference between Inverted Tony and Regular Tony.
    I could be really cynical and say that Inverted Tony is just what happens when Regular Tony stops making excuses. I could also say, in slightly more detail, that Inverted Tony is just Regular Tony not even pretending to have what few scruples he does have about "advancing" humanity by any means "necessary" . . . and turning a tidy profit for himself in the process. It's probably why his Reversion doesn't take; all the Inversion really did was free him of the self-deception that he was anywhere near being a decent, heroic person and he's obviously got no plans to go back to lying to himself.

Of course, this is what I could say if I was feeling really cynical.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Inverted Skull is probably the greatest accidental comedy of all time. Or maybe it's intentional? Is it even Skull, or Xavier concealing his identity?

I think the one emotional punch next issue can pack is the bittersweet effect of reverting the Inversion. Sure, most of the heroes will come back to their senses but the villains who had a clear shot at redemption will have that taken away from them, therefore leaving them to do evil all over again.
    Well, we know Sabretooth is staying inverted, so.... But for the others, though they got lumped in with the bad guys due to their history, some of the 'villains' who got inverted were actually not bad at the moment, they were closer to neutral. (ok, mostly just Loki and Magneto, kinda Doom) They didn't actually change that much when inverted, at least as far as good guy/bad guy leanings go, and so most likely won't change that much going back, either. If anything, Loki's inversion caused him to become a self righteous asshole. He was actually NICER before the inversion in some ways. The inversion had some positive effects on him, but also some very bad ones, because he was already a mix of good and bad traits, and it wasn't just the bad bits that got inverted. That being said, Loki will be keeping one aspect of his inversion, the inability to lie, and I think Magneto, since his inversion was more subtle, may be able to take something away from it because who he turned into wasn't as big a jump as, say, Carnage. I mean they should still have the memories of how they thought and acted during the inversion, it's not out of the question that they can learn something from that. So even for some of the more truly villainous characters, it may plant a seed in them, you know?

*edit - checking back, 10 villains got inverted (I am not counting Deadpool), 3 or 4 of them were gray area to begin with, a couple with downright heroic leanings recently, (Magneto, Loki, Doom, arguably Enchantress, but not recently) and Sabretooth's inversion is sticking. That just leaves Mystique, Hobgoblin, Absorbing Man, Enchantress (again, it's a bit debatable), Jack-o-Lantern and Carnage as returning to a life of villainy. Carnage is the most irredeemable of them, I can't see anything of the inversion sticking with him, and he's dead anyway, (but I don't think that will stick) but Mystique, Absorbing Man, Enchantress and Hobgoblin? could easily see them learning and growing from the experience.
    Last edited by Raye; 12-23-2014 at 05:30 PM.