Page 171 of 661 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221271 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 9901
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan quickly raised his hand. "Um, excuse me. I understand that Mr. Pantaloon is quite impressive, but... Galaxy Police?"

Only then after saying the words did Zaofan realize how absurd it sounded. Still, he pressed on.

"Agent, how do you know Mr. Pantaloon? How did you two meet? And how did he come to enlist your ...um... services?"

But then it also dawned upon the nomad -- he had explored so much of the Earth, but he wasn't satisfied, since there were still corners of the globe that he hadn't reached, including Turtle Island. If there were cultures he hasn't met yet, people he hasn't encountered, wonders both natural and manmade yet to be seen, dishes yet to be tried here on Earth, what if -- after this was all over, he could explore the spaceways? The great unknown? The final frontier? Just yesterday he was glad to be on a cruise ship!

"Does Mr. Pantaloon have a starship and how can I get onboard?"

“Old friends, him and I. And yeah, he has a ship. Or had, I guess. Not sure if he’s repaired it yet or not. You’ll have to ask him.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    Karine knew she'd regret this.

She knew there was more important things to ask.

...But she asked anyway for reasons unknown.

"Um..just one. Why do you call them pants?" Karine asked, in a slight more timid then normal voice.
    Mira’s grins widely.

“Because two of the three times I’ve arrested him, his pants have been missing.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "A Saiyan pirate, huh? How ridiculous." She supposed not all of them were cut out to be world conquerors. Also, they likely weren't from Vocado, which was where the majority of the conquering Saiyans originated from.
    She shrugs.

“Some old Saiyan dude named Toma. Been harrying trade vessels, and I took him down.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    “Old friends, him and I. And yeah, he has a ship. Or had, I guess. Not sure if he’s repaired it yet or not. You’ll have to ask him.”
    Mira’s grins widely.

“Because two of the three times I’ve arrested him, his pants have been missing.”
    Zaofan's jaw dropped at the Agent, like so.

Then he shook his head to get back to business.

"I suppose, just a couple more questions. What is your own training like? What are you going to toss our way?

...and don't be coy by saying something cheeky like, 'You'll see.' What are we specifically training today? Our reflexes? Our battle intelligence? Our skills? Teamwork?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    ...and don't be coy by saying something cheeky like, 'You'll see.' What are we specifically training today? Our reflexes? Our battle intelligence? Our skills? Teamwork?"
    "Precise application of force, perhaps." Ishtar commented, not forgetting the man had blasted her alongside Charco the day before.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

“Hmm, mostly battle intelligence and teamwork, though I will be throwing in some good old fashioned up close and personal too.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Precise application of force, perhaps." Ishtar commented, not forgetting the man had blasted her alongside Charco the day before.
    Zaofan's face turned almost just as red as his optic blast, with one hand grabbing the back of his neck and his mouth creating one very awkward smile."Ah-haha...hahah...hah....yeeeeeaaah. So about that..."

He then whispered straight to Ishtar herself -- "I'm very, VERY sorry!", bowing very profusely.
    Last edited by Cyke; 02-07-2018 at 12:03 AM.

"After what happened last time, we're gonna need a bit of teamwork training," said Totoma, chuckling as he remember Charco's stunt. "My ass got blasted right into the healing tank. Not a problem, though."

"I'm Totoma, by the way. Saiyan... er, well, half-Saiyan. So did that Toma guy give you a good fight, or did he go down like a punk?" Totoma's tail flicked back in forth in anticipation of hearing about how she took down this guy.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

She shrugs.

“Some old Saiyan dude named Toma. Been harrying trade vessels, and I took him down.”
    She actually laughed, but not for the reason some may have assumed. It was always hilarious how quickly they were running out of names, to the point that there were dozens of people running around with the same name. She was sure Queen Toma wouldn't be pleased to know that some pirate was running around wasting his time harassing spaceships. "He must have been from one of the colonies, then."

Enough talk. She had been waiting to punch something since yesterday. No more delay!

She stepped out toward the edge of the group to get some space to work. As she did, some others tossed out some questions. Most were pointless, only a few actually pertinent to their training. Zaofan asked what they were going to be training; as direct a question as she had ever heard. She was surprised that they received a straight answer.

Battle intelligence and teamwork. After the fucking amazing debacle yesterday that nearly nuked half the team, they could use a bit of teamwork.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    "After what happened last time, we're gonna need a bit of teamwork training," said Totoma, chuckling as he remember Charco's stunt. "My ass got blasted right into the healing tank. Not a problem, though."

"I'm Totoma, by the way. Saiyan... er, well, half-Saiyan. So did that Toma guy give you a good fight, or did he go down like a punk?" Totoma's tail flicked back in forth in anticipation of hearing about how she took down this guy.
    Her voice came from behind him, having moved faster than he could see.

“About as much trouble as you’re about to give me, I think.”

Her hand grabs his tail and squeezes, hard.

“Don’t let your guard down. Tails are easy to grab.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    It was an apt way of saying it, Karine nodded. "Agreed. Regardless of what you call it, if it works, it works and that's what I'm concerned about. I'm not as seasoned as some here in the martial aspect, but I like to think to an extent I can still apply what I do know to help in situations like these." If she kept at it, she would get there one day which was actually a goal of hers. Fighting for fighting sake she had very little interest in, fourtnately she had a goal in mind of getting stronger and more skilled, hence her journey in the first place.

"Forgive me, slightly off topic but you're a monk correct? It's just I never met one in person before. I just found the life style and discipline from them rather fascinating, not to mention the spiritual aspects though I'm not as much the later myself."
    "Monk," Asha'rah briefly mused, rolling the word across her processors. She had asked herself the question before, and each time arrived at the same answer.

"I suppose I might seem as such. Among my first memories are the temples of Kame. The monks of the Shaohan Temple were the first to take me in from the wilds, and I matured under their ways. They taught me tolerance and focus, philosophy and the martial arts. I dress as they do, and my worldview bears their mark. Yes, I am quite similar in some ways to the monks in the mountains."

She opened her palms fully and lowered the height at which she hovered, to signify her openness and lack of presumption in this matter.

"But I would not consider myself a monk, at least in their vein. I meditate, but do not pray. Had I the organs, I would happily partake of fine food, heady drink and the carnal pleasures. I seek to know the world, not isolation. I seek transcendence, but not the elimination of desire. All things strive. Still, if you would like to get to know me, I would be honored."

“Hmm, mostly battle intelligence and teamwork, though I will be throwing in some good old fashioned up close and personal too.”
    "Oh, this is gonna end poorly." Shiro muttered, the feeling of dread filling her artificial body.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

"Well then, Pants has left so now we can play. The body here can only mimic part of my power, so I'll be going easy on you all. Any questions before we begin?"
    "....I have several questions, but I don't thing any amount of explanation is going to make me understand half of what you said," Jack shrugged, "So let's go ahead and skip ahead to the part where we start this training." Jack fell into a very light stance, and settled his mind, trying to be prepared for whatever attack would come. Maybe Miras would make the ground boil into pea soup, maybe the air would crackle alive with energy. Maybe she would just punch him in the face. At this point, all three might happen at once.

Man all these space people, dropping out of space in their space pods, and space science in the deep cold space of space.

Her voice came from behind him, having moved faster than he could see.

“About as much trouble as you’re about to give me, I think.”

Her hand grabs his tail and squeezes, hard.

“Don’t let your guard down. Tails are easy to grab.”
    "Ahahaha, wow. Got me there" he said, scratching the back of his head. "Wanna see a neat trick?"

The tip of his tail suddenly flared with ki and released a Kiho at her, point blank. It was weaker than it should've been, because of the damn squeezing, but whatever.
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 02-07-2018 at 12:16 AM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    "Ahahaha, wow. Got me there," he said. "Wanna see a neat trick?"

The tip of his tail suddenly flared with ki and released a Kiho at her, point blank.

“Impressive.”

She stands there, still holding his tail, and smiles.

“You’ve surpassed that weakness, good.”

She then grips the tail and jerks, taking him off his feet and she twirls him over her head rapidly by his tail before letting him go, flinging him into a nearby tree.

“Battle Intelligence is important. Most Saiyans have an obvious weak point in their tail. Knowing that could help you should you ever fight one. I would suggest in reverse, too, that Totoma and Sarada here hide their tails when in combat. Far too easy to grab and remove if necessary. Plus it gives away what you are to your enemy.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM