Page 178 of 661 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228278 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 9901

Default Rewind: Sarada

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Terrifying? The knowledge that there were people out there that could beat a Saiyan was supposed to be terrifying?

Sarada snorted, then cackled. "That's supposed to something worth fearing? Knowing that there's someone out there who can beat me? Beat even the strongest Saiyan?" Her cackle grew into an outright laugh. "No, no. That's not terrifying. That's exhilarating! Just the thought of fighting someone that strong makes me excited!" Her laughter eventually died down. "If I lose, then I stand up and try again, only that time, I'll be stronger."

It was true, that some Saiyans hated defeat, mainly because they were so strong, they never anticipated it. It wasn't fear, but rather overconfidence.
    "Hm hm hm hm..."

As Sarada recoiled into a cackle, Ochazuke's shoulders shook in a reciprocal laughter. Soon they joined each other in the course of surface merriment, though the feelings were far from mutual.

Her humours were tickled by mockery, as if anything could stymie a Saiyan from a challenge.

"Ha ha ha ha!"

Ochazuke's laugh followed. Deep, hollow, and mirthless.

"If they let you get up," he said, at last, "why would the victor let you to draw any more breath than they allow?"

"A Saiyan who gives no quarter would assume the privilege of an enemy's mercy?!"

She shrugged lazily. "If you think words entertain me, you're mistaken. I just wanted your opinion since it seems you don't like having your actions laid out for you." She assumed that Kami would be calling the shots and dictating where they would be going whenever she saw fit. Ochazuke seemed like the kind of man who would normally take issue with that. Why, she didn't know, nor did she particularly care.

His eventual answer didn't surprise her. He simply didn't want to live under Old Kami's rule. Simple enough.

She didn't bother asking him why he thought Kami felt the need to bring in offworlders to help a planet they had no knowledge of with a situation they had no stake in. Her reason was simple: she was there to fight strong people, including Old Kami. But, what of Meagan, Held, the Namekian, and any others who wondered onto this planet? What stake or reason did they have to help?

"I see. I guess that would be all the reason most anyone would need."
    By the course of their conversation, Ochazuke had been completely surprised by the absurdist trail of Saiyan logic and amused to a far greater degree than he'd thought possible. But all things have their limits, and here it was the realization that some things were completely alien to the aliens.

"Ah heh-heh...I may be on this fool's errand as well, but I know full well I may desist if I wish and go my own way if I choose," he laughed, recomposing himself in front of an ostensible ally, "all the better to have the company of a reputable, ferocious Saiyan here on this meat-planet."

It was then that Jinzi called for the next phase of training. Ochazuke shook his head and sort his dishes for return to their host.

"I'll be sure to save the merciful ones for you, for they are rare among the opposition."

-=Retracted=-
    Last edited by rhyvurg; 02-08-2018 at 10:29 AM.

Hmph. His attacks weren't having much effect. Irritating.

He restrained his natural urge to rush into melee range, instead opting to sit back and observe. Boring, but he needed to rein in that aggressiveness of his, especially when fighting stronger opponents.

And then someone exploded the entire area. Not Charco, surprisingly... he was caught up in the blast, as far as Totoma could tell.

"What. The. ****," he yelled. This was exactly what they were training not to do! His palm instantly met his forehead, and he shook his head. These people...

After a moment, he calmed himself down and looked up, seeing the mushroom cloud. Not a bad attack, but... seriously, some of these people had less restraint than a Saiyan. And he had previously believed that Saiyans didn't know the meaning of restraint.

Yeah, when he started figuring out new techniques, he'd go for something that wouldn't annihilate half the team.
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 02-08-2018 at 12:27 AM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Default Rewind: Totoma/Karine

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    He'd... answered. A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one. And he'd answered as expected... brutally honest, cutting deeply. That was good. He'd opened up to him--just a little--precisely because the man before him cared nothing for him, his feelings, or... really, anything beyond not being a burden or nuisance to the team, he suspected. He needed to hear a harsh truth, not the sugarcoated version a loved one, such as Karine, would offer.

Supportive stuff like that had its place, but sometimes ya had to tear something down completely and rebuild it.

For a long while, Totoma was silent, his arms crossed and his gaze wandering to and fro. Try as he might, he couldn't quite formulate a response. Not now, at least.

Finally, he broke his silence: "Thank you. You've given me food for thought, but... like any food, it will have to digest a bit before it can offer any nourishment."

In other words, he wanted to think on it for a while. Get some other opinions. Karine, definitely, but perhaps some of the others.

"You may think my quick turnaround is weird, and... it is. I think it's because I realized, after I said that, that I'd been doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results," said Totoma. "Insanity."

It stung. He'd essentially just wasted a year. Or more, if one considered that his problems started during his first trip to Vacado. His mother must have known what would happen, so why had she taken him there?

Another thing to think about.
    Ochazuke considered his answer. He idly rolled his neck around his shoulders. After a moment's pause, he extend to Totoma a slight nod. A realization was a first step.

"I can't figure your life out for you. If one should profess that they can, they are liars searching to ensnare fools," he said, a stonefaced glare suggesting the question that would follow. "Your hatred blights your vision. It is one part of a composite. Accept it. "

Exhaling slowly, apprehension spoke to an unfinished thought. If Karine's empathic sense were to pay attention to the interplay, the unspoken question settled plainly in Ochazuke's mind.

And if you cannot, we may have to continue this conversation in a language you understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Those sensing the arena will notice, behind her barrier, that Miras’ fingers are twitching ever so slightly.

She’s planning something.
    And she does so, the barrier shattering and sending Miras staggering forward, her hands finishing their motions just in time as her second appears once more at her back, stance ready, facing Ishtar.
    Asha'rah felt her orbs connect with a satisfying series of crunches before Miras vanished into thin air, leaving her grappling naught but air. Her foe appeared several feet away, a wounded swordless duplicate that struggled to move before another teammate dispatched it with a rain of enhanced needles. She did not succeed. Suffering too much damage from myriad attacks, it shattered into nothingness.

The advantage did not last long, however. Miras began twitching her fingers, just about managing to fend off the Nevadian's intricate spear form. Just as the ki barrier protecting her shattered, she finished her motions and summoned another swordless clone. Sword, clones, both required the use of her fingers. Miras's main demonstrated weapons both required fine control of her wrist.

"To use a blade or summon a clone, Officer Thane requires her wrists and fingers. Break them." Asha'rah announced.

Her announcement would probably be helpful to her teammates in picking their own targets, but its main purpose was to focus Miras's attention on the wrong part of her body. Instead, Asha'rah sent her orbs to ram into Miras's knees and ankles, seeking to kill her footwork and render her helpless to the Nevadian's spear. Just in case, she lowered her stance for real this time, readying herself for an aerial counterattack. With her footing disrupted, Miras would be presented with a tempting chance to attack Asha'rah from the air, and that was precisely what she was looking for - a chance to deflect a sword strike and drive a straight strike right into Miras's solar plexus while she couldn't maneuver.

Time Jutsu Post With Others

Finally, he broke his silence: "Thank you. You've given me food for thought, but... like any food, it will have to digest a bit before it can offer any nourishment."

In other words, he wanted to think on it for a while. Get some other opinions. Karine, definitely, but perhaps some of the others.

"You may think my quick turnaround is weird, and... it is. I think it's because I realized, after I said that, that I'd been doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results," said Totoma. "Insanity."

It stung. He'd essentially just wasted a year. Or more, if one considered that his problems started during his first trip to Vacado. His mother must have known what would happen, so why had she taken him there?

Another thing to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

"Victim. Pariah. Meat. If the labels from others define you, there's nothing left to discuss," he said, "Accept it. Be mindful of it. Preserve what you need and discard what is useless. Then take responsibility and move from it."
    Totoma had been more forthcoming with a complete and utter stranger with the truth then he had been with her. Karine wasn't blind to his inner demons but some of these things he mentioned were things she suspected on some level but didn't have a hard confirmation until today. Why he felt more comfortable with that could very well be any number of reasons but she highly suspected he didn't want to throw more on her. When his mother had passed away, it had been a battle just to get them out of bed and in school. Even with her and her mother's help she was still unsure how they managed to pass; homeschooling and being a bit ahead of the curve may have had a fair deal of things however.

And by stepping back, this happened.

If she hadn't, this conversation may not have happened, or at least not in the same way Totoma had apparently needed.

Karine was silent, a pensive air about her before she answered. "In layman's terms, sticks and bones." She didn't entirely agree. Words from the right person and with the crafted skill could break or uplift a person. In a sense facing physical trauma was easier then the maze and agony that was mental and emotional: her friend Totoma was a testament to that fact. "It wasn't your intention, but you..gave me some things to think about. Though I suppose life giving you what you need, not what you want."

She snorted. "I found that saying ridiculous growing up. It seemed a nicer way of saying we were pawns in a greater cosmic game with no agency; the 'need' always changing."

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    "Monk," Asha'rah briefly mused, rolling the word across her processors. She had asked herself the question before, and each time arrived at the same answer.

"I suppose I might seem as such. Among my first memories are the temples of Kame. The monks of the Shaohan Temple were the first to take me in from the wilds, and I matured under their ways. They taught me tolerance and focus, philosophy and the martial arts. I dress as they do, and my worldview bears their mark. Yes, I am quite similar in some ways to the monks in the mountains."

She opened her palms fully and lowered the height at which she hovered, to signify her openness and lack of presumption in this matter.

"But I would not consider myself a monk, at least in their vein. I meditate, but do not pray. Had I the organs, I would happily partake of fine food, heady drink and the carnal pleasures. I seek to know the world, not isolation. I seek transcendence, but not the elimination of desire. All things strive. Still, if you would like to get to know me, I would be honored."

All things strive? That was a interesting saying.

Karine slowly smiled. "I would very much like that. You may not consider yourself a monk in the classical sense, but you still have imprints of some of their culture. You see, besides getting to know some of those present I'm very interested in the cultures and histories around the world. I want to be a historian, not so much just to help keep from past mistakes but the learning aspect of various people's customs. That's not covering the fact there is an entire galaxy worth of saptient life out there, not to mention the others that still walk this earth. My kind included."

"Even though I'm curious, I think its only fair it goes both ways with any questions, should you have any. Nothing to personal." Karine amended, though it sort of went without saying on both parties. She was only assuring she wasn't going to pry too much. "Do you remember anything at all about who or what made you? You don't have to answer if its a touchy subject."

And she does so, the barrier shattering and sending Miras staggering forward, her hands finishing their motions just in time as her second appears once more at her back, stance ready, facing Ishtar.
    Ishtar afforded the woman before her a bow. While she was a simulacrum; there was no denying that she was a formidable opponent. Though Miras' gestures before the shield broke let slip the Officer's tell.

A short-range telepathic broadcast went out, to make a note of this.

"She must spell-weave to multiply, I hope this information proves useful." Yet the information likely fell on deaf ears, in the wake of the chaos to come.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Sasheem grinned planning an attack now that she had stumbled forward but his eyes widened as the second Miras reappeared in front of her.

"Bah..." Sasheem grimbled, this clone was becoming a nuisance. Seeing that she was facing Ishtar, Sasheem figured he might as well give the oni a free shot at the Space patrol woman as he stretches his arms out, wrapping them around Miras legs to disrupt her stance and bind them together.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    “ Hmmm. Maybe her clone techbsucks enough energy she cannot do the barrier. Hey everyone. Step back!”

: As he flew above the Mira’s as he gestures again. His second construct of the evening. As yesterday he built up reserves. This time the very air Mira’s breathes and surrounding area ignited akin to a thermobaric Bomb.:

“ Vig Bomb!!!”

Cue massive heat explosion that leaves a bit of a mushroom cloud in wake with dust. Size of a large house at most. Cannot do that again, damn.:
    Ishtar heard the warning, and the yell. It was the previous day repeating itself ... and yet this was somehow worse. The Oni felt the air begin to boil as the explosion raced to meet them all, and in a moment of clarity she spoke, "Spənta Armaiti.

And then she swung her blade. "Xšaθra Vairya."

---

The weapon itself was a mixture of the Oni's own Ki, and the energy from the plant-life she had felt compelled to pilfer- which served to amplify it beyond the normal scope of its power. What's more ... the blade was as much the Oni, as the Oni was the blade. In her moment of clarity, Ishtar focused on those that would be enveloped in the explosion to come, those who had not the fortitude to survive what would be annihilation, and found a timeline that was acceptable.

The arc of her swing finished, and the blade shattered. Discharging all of that pent up energy in an explosion of the woman's Ki.

In the end, the blade itself never succeeded in striking Miras, or Miras' clone. Yet the effort that had gone into pulling the sword from time's ocean, and imbuing it with the energy to sunder a city would be realized ... brought to bear in the defense of others.

The Oni's mind reached out, and touched each of those soon to be enveloped.

"You are the Earth, beneath your feet." And as the Oni's Ki enveloped them all- even their opponent, the Officer Miras Thane- they would feel their bodies bolstered by it, offering some protection from Chou's attempted annihilation.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

To Ochazuke, it was clear now, that when one of Miras' images fell, another would rise as a defensive measure. Under the pressure of consummate melee attacks, even a Galactic Patrol Officer who picked the fight and set the arena was pushed to the limit. Her control of the situation lapsed and in these vulnerable moments, victory was palpable.

“ Hmmm. Maybe her clone techbsucks enough energy she cannot do the barrier. Hey everyone. Step back!”

: As he flew above the Mira’s as he gestures again. His second construct of the evening. As yesterday he built up reserves. This time the very air Mira’s breathes and surrounding area ignited akin to a thermobiatic Bomb.:

“ Vig Bomb!!!”

Cue massive heat explosion that leaves a bit of a mushroom cloud in wake with dust. Size of a large house at most. Cannot do that again, damn.:
    A cinder-spark and a quiet hiss were the only warning he had to throw his guard up as a hot white flash spread over Miras in the centre, swiftly that nobody at the centre of the blast could respond to the warning. A shift in the air, then a column of burning concrete and dust flooded the air and poured across his vision from outside the reactive maelstrom. Soon damn near the entire line of sight was obscured in an ashen haze.

Chou, when you are on the precipice of victory, why would you bombard your comrades, you impulsive fool.

Hmph. His attacks weren't having much effect. Irritating.

He restrained his natural urge to rush into melee range, instead opting to sit back and observe. Boring, but he needed to rein in that aggressiveness of his, especially when fighting stronger opponents.

And then someone exploded the entire area. Not Charco, surprisingly... he was caught up in the blast, as far as Totoma could tell.

"What. The. ****," he yelled. This was exactly what they were training not to do! His palm instantly met his forehead, and he shook his head. These people...

After a moment, he calmed himself down and looked up, seeing the mushroom cloud. Not a bad attack, but... seriously, some of these people had less restraint than a Saiyan. And he had previously believed that Saiyans didn't know the meaning of restraint.

Yeah, when he started figuring out new techniques, he'd go for something that wouldn't annihilate half the team.
    He quickly found the sentiment echoed by Totoma. The timidity from breakfast shattered as he let out the inner beast, the echo reverberating across the arena's walls and floor.

The honest outpouring of a fury repressed. Good. For a moment, he was no longer hiding.

Stretching his ki out to the voice, Ochazuke soon found his landmark. Under these conditions, his sixth sense was now the only sense he could rely on.

Quote Originally Posted by KamenRaida View Post
    The Void Tunnel was made to transfer energy between spaces. No use for beings with a corporeal form. But it will do enough for a construct like you.

In a moment, her form once again appeared, faced away from the physical assaults directed to her person and the gap between their point and attack and her now closed significantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Her announcement would probably be helpful to her teammates in picking their own targets, but its main purpose was to focus Miras's attention on the wrong part of her body. Instead, Asha'rah sent her orbs to ram into Miras's knees and ankles, seeking to kill her footwork and render her helpless to the Nevadian's spear. Just in case, she lowered her stance for real this time, readying herself for an aerial counterattack. With her footing disrupted, Miras would be presented with a tempting chance to attack Asha'rah from the air, and that was precisely what she was looking for - a chance to deflect a sword strike and drive a straight strike right into Miras's solar plexus while she couldn't maneuver.
    Soon he made his mark on familiar targets, shift to situate the core of the melee. The weaponized mala orbs of the cybernetic bikkhuni; the all-too familiar window points of the Arcosian sniper. His eyes closed, soon he began to see.

Motion, energies, life signatures. Through the sense of battle meditation, he would soon ascertain the positions of the conflict and again be made aware.

But for the rest of the group, how best to articulate a notion of a budding faculty through a shared thought experience? He would let Karine, Slak and the Ronin Kai figure that out. In fragmented projections, perhaps it would come to them. Ever-shifting like a thermal radar, the pulse of the battle's participants echoing across each other and the space of the arena.

And a target in the centre.

: As he flew above the Mira’s as he gestures again. His second construct of the evening. As yesterday he built up reserves. This time the very air Mira’s breathes and surrounding area ignited akin to a thermobiatic Bomb.:

“ Vig Bomb!!!”

Unfortunately, the barrier is up now and her lance skitters off of it.

Of course...

Karine slightly frowned when her attack bounced off her would be foe as they retreated behind a barrier, once again making the situation harder then it needed to be. She couldn't fault them for that as there was no rules or regulations in real combat so expecting 'fair play' was asking to be killed or at least badly wounded against someone who had the power and will to do you harm. At least this way, in a safer and controlled environment she could better practice even if it could no way prepare her for the real deal.

As she got ready for her next move, an attack was suddenly launched previously followed by a 'Watch out' from one of the others she couldn't identify in the heat of the moment but gave her just the right chance to react instead of just taking it. Unfortunately, she wasn't fast enough to get out of the epic center in time as the explosion overtook the area. It did, however, allow Karine to erect a shadow shield covering her from outright taking the blast. Held was there, which meant there was further strain.

Normally it may have been enough on its own, though taken into account Chou had built up reserves made the matter a different beast entirely. Karine saw cracks already forming in her defense, feeling a sense of existential dread and fear well within her.

If it hit, she likely was going to die or at least be crippled. Same with Held.

No.

Not now. She had too much to do. Even if she had to tap into her Nosferartu side for this, she refused.

As the spider-web cracks formed around the barrier about the burst, Karine's face twisted into grim determination as she poured every ounce of magical power into the shield, slowly, if not outright halting the process. Her relief was shortly lived before it seemed to slowly continue the process. Instead of feeling terror or despair, she felt indignation at the whole this time as power she wasn't sure she even had rose to challenge the explosion in a desperate defense.

Lips peeling back to a snarl, she poured the last of her energy forward.

The shield held, then expanded slightly seemingly to snuff out the energy that almost killed, or at least would have crippled her if it had connected.

Karine stumbled forward after, her energy entirely spent before she collapsed face first--uninjured but exhausted from using something past her limits and all at once.

Blissful unconsciousness felt better then it ever had been.

Default Rewind: Totoma/Karine

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    Totoma had been more forthcoming with a complete and utter stranger with the truth then he had been with her. Karine wasn't blind to his inner demons but some of these things he mentioned were things she suspected on some level but didn't have a hard confirmation until today. Why he felt more comfortable with that could very well be any number of reasons but she highly suspected he didn't want to throw more on her. When his mother had passed away, it had been a battle just to get them out of bed and in school. Even with her and her mother's help she was still unsure how they managed to pass; homeschooling and being a bit ahead of the curve may have had a fair deal of things however.

And by stepping back, this happened.

If she hadn't, this conversation may not have happened, or at least not in the same way Totoma had apparently needed.

Karine was silent, a pensive air about her before she answered. "In layman's terms, sticks and bones." She didn't entirely agree. Words from the right person and with the crafted skill could break or uplift a person. In a sense facing physical trauma was easier then the maze and agony that was mental and emotional: her friend Totoma was a testament to that fact. "It wasn't your intention, but you..gave me some things to think about. Though I suppose life giving you what you need, not what you want."

She snorted. "I found that saying ridiculous growing up. It seemed a nicer way of saying we were pawns in a greater cosmic game with no agency; the 'need' always changing."
    Still during their exchange, after what seemed to be a long breathless moment, Karine made her presence at Totoma's side known to him, presenting a certain warmth in spite of her unnatural countenance.

The confidence of camaraderie; no, it was plain in her softening speech, a disarming manner. If she could guard him from the world, she would.

"Pithy. But...I will rephrase."

Even if it meant chasing away the truth.

"Understand the obvious. Accept that as part of you. Confront it and decide," he nearly seethed in emphasis, "who you are."

Meagan, still in the air and invisible, managed to quickly dodge the blowback from Chou's attack. Though she still had a few ideas of her own, there was no point in doing more until she saw the outcome of the other's latest assault.

One thing was certain, she envied Miras' ability to make a duplicate of herself. If there was a way for her to learn that technique, she would jump at the chance to learn that and the barrier shield technique.
    Last edited by Tami; 02-08-2018 at 03:15 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    Of course...

Karine slightly frowned when her attack bounced off her would be foe as they retreated behind a barrier, once again making the situation harder then it needed to be. She couldn't fault them for that as there was no rules or regulations in real combat so expecting 'fair play' was asking to be killed or at least badly wounded against someone who had the power and will to do you harm. At least this way, in a safer and controlled environment she could better practice even if it could no way prepare her for the real deal.

As she got ready for her next move, an attack was suddenly launched previously followed by a 'Watch out' from one of the others she couldn't identify in the heat of the moment but gave her just the right chance to react instead of just taking it. Unfortunately, she wasn't fast enough to get out of the epic center in time as the explosion overtook the area. It did, however, allow Karine to erect a shadow shield covering her from outright taking the blast. Held was there, which meant there was further strain.

Normally it may have been enough on its own, though taken into account Chou had built up reserves made the matter a different beast entirely. Karine saw cracks already forming in her defense, feeling a sense of existential dread and fear well within her.

If it hit, she likely was going to die or at least be crippled. Same with Held.

No.

Not now. She had too much to do. Even if she had to tap into her Nosferartu side for this, she refused.

As the spider-web cracks formed around the barrier about the burst, Karine's face twisted into grim determination as she poured every ounce of magical power into the shield, slowly, if not outright halting the process. Her relief was shortly lived before it seemed to slowly continue the process. Instead of feeling terror or despair, she felt indignation at the whole this time as power she wasn't sure she even had rose to challenge the explosion in a desperate defense.

Lips peeling back to a snarl, she poured the last of her energy forward.

The shield held, then expanded slightly seemingly to snuff out the energy that almost killed, or at least would have crippled her if it had connected.

Karine stumbled forward after, her energy entirely spent before she collapsed face first--uninjured but exhausted from using something past her limits and all at once.

Blissful unconsciousness felt better then it ever had been.
    Totoma had mostly been outside of the blast's area-of-effect, so all he felt was a strong wind, pretty much. He'd wait for the smoke to clear and then do something. Maybe find Kari and try to coordinate something with her. He closed his eyes and reached out to search for her energy.

Ah! There she was, ahead of him, about...

...about...

...within the explosion.. she'd...

All coherent thought melted away and before he knew it, he'd crossed the distance, arriving just in time to catch her mid-fall. He placed her gently on the ground, his expression one of panic, fear, and just a hint of simmering anger. He fumbled around, clumsily checking her pulse and breath.

Please...

There, a pulse... and she was breathing. She was alive, just non-responsive. Unconscious, and she looked fine on the surface from what he could tell. But there could be internal injuries. If she died...

There mere thought made his heartrate quicken and a terrible rage boil up within him, which he just barely suppressed.

"HEALER. NOW." It wasn't a request, but a command, and it came out as a bellow.

He stood up and faced the epicenter, his breathing ragged, thoughts barely coherent and rational, and his fists so tightly clenched that droplets of blood wormed their way between his fingers and fell to the floor.

"Who."

One or two words was all he could manage through his intensifying rage at this point.

Those with scouters and the ability to sense power would notice that his ki had spiked, and was rising at a steady pace.
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 02-08-2018 at 03:15 AM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

And... nevermind.
    Last edited by Noldere; 02-08-2018 at 03:17 AM.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Totoma had mostly been outside of the blast's area-of-effect, so all he felt was a strong wind, pretty much. He'd wait for the smoke to clear and then do something. Maybe find Kari and try to coordinate something with her. He closed his eyes and reached out to search for her energy.

Ah! There she was, ahead of him, about...

...about...

...within the explosion.. she'd...

All coherent thought melted away and before he knew it, he'd crossed the distance, arriving just in time to catch her mid-fall. He placed her gently on the ground, his expression one of panic, fear, and just a hint of simmering anger. He fumbled around, clumsily checking her pulse and breath.

Please...

There, a pulse... and she was breathing. She was alive, just non-responsive. Unconscious, and she looked fine on the surface from what he could tell. But there could be internal injuries. If she died...

There mere thought made his heartrate quicken and a terrible rage boil up within him, which he just barely suppressed.

"HEALER. NOW." It wasn't a request, but a command, and it came out as a bellow.

He stood up and faced the epicenter, his breathing ragged, thoughts barely coherent and rational, and his fists so tightly clenched that droplets of blood wormed their way between his fingers and fell to the floor.

"Who."

One or two words was all he could manage through his intensifying rage at this point.

Those with scouters and the ability to sense power would notice that his ki had spiked, and was rising at a steady pace.

Once the dust had cleared, Meagan realized that Chou's attack may have taken out her teamantes more than their oppoent. With a sigh, she became visible again and flew down to where Totoma was to see how bad this was.

As she approached, she called out, "Take care of the injured, I'll take care of Miras."

Landing nearby, she then then instinctivly turned to where the Police Officer was, fearing aniother attack while the others were getting the injured to safety.
    Last edited by Tami; 02-08-2018 at 07:51 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Still during their exchange, after what seemed to be a long breathless moment, Karine made her presence at Totoma's side known to him, presenting a certain warmth in spite of her unnatural countenance.

The confidence of camaraderie; no, it was plain in her softening speech, a disarming manner. If she could guard him from the world, she would.

"Pithy. But...I will rephrase."

Even if it meant chasing away the truth.

"Understand the obvious. Accept that as part of you. Confront it and decide," he nearly seethed in emphasis, "who you are."
    Ah. That.

With the clarification, things became that much more clear of what he was likely getting at. However, it did raise some..uncomfortable thoughts she had wrestled with for some time. The Karine people regularly interacted was indeed real, but so was the darker side. Everyone had a bit of light and darkness in them though Karine was kinda shying away from the later the best she could, though not as well as she would have hoped. Most her kind growing up struggled with it, before finding peace with both halves.

Unfortunately, she hadn't entirely conquered hers granted she suspected it was the trauma and fear that had thrown her off balance since the last incident.

She only felt that dark power fully just once in her life, and it terrified her. It had saved her family, but the fact she couldn't even remember what happened during the process, the callteral damage it caused. That same damage could of easily been the people she wanted to protect. What use was power without control? It would be no different then handing a child a loaded gun and telling them to have at it. All said, loathe as she was to admit it, they had a point.

Either she learned to control and accept it, or perhaps one day it would end up burning those she considered precious.

But she didn't want to face it, not yet. She didn't feel strong enough to, but Totoma had taken a chance so perhaps it would be her turn to?

And..its not like I have to face it alone...

"..There is merit in what you say." Karine said quietly. "Either I accept and learn to control it, or it'll controls me and endanger those I'm trying to protect. There can only be one master in the house." She shifted, a bit uncomfortable. "..I think I taken enough of your time. I have a lot to think about, excuse me."

Running away from it was easy and comfortable. Facing it would be another animal, even if she still partially wanted to drag her feet to it.

(Figure that be a good natural end point to it)