Page 55 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859651051555551055 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

20140514_Omni.jpg

No idea when I'll get round to reading them

Spectacular Member dark phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by g7x2000 View Post
    amazon have just fix'd their prices on a lot of the books we have been discussing. a whole lot better than the 5%, still reckon it could be better.
    ...better than $125.
    My new strategy with Amazon is this. I place the pre order when it lists so that if there is any pricing mistake along the way or some crazy intentional sale, I will benefit from that. But (as is mostly the case) the book is released to the DM through Diamond and I can get it for as good a discount or better, I order through IST and cancel the Amazon order with "Found Somewhere Else Cheaper" as the reason.
    "Cyclops was RIGHT!"

Spectacular Member

Hey Guys, first post in the Thread. I feared that it would slow down after all the quarrels but it seems to as busy as before.

I pulled the trigger in X-Men Inferno Crossovers with the prelude on the way and the crazy prices being paid for the core book it mitght go up as well.

What do you think about it storywise? I remember some of you said that the Spiderman and Daredevil issues were really good and better than the sometimes quirky main storyline?

Another point of interest for me: what do you think will happen to the Classic Line? It has been some time since the X-Force / Cable Classic Vol. 1 . It might all hint towards the last big event Omnibus that is missing in OHC : Onslaught. I think the next issues of Cable and X-Force (following the last collected editions) might include some Tie Ins to the event. With a second Road to Onslaught TPB coming out in Summer I hoped for a release in early 2015 for the Omnibus or further Road to ... Trades. The same goes for X-Man who got recently two Trades but now seems to be off the radar again.

And one last Question, as I am from Germany it might be that the circumstances are others than in the US: what do you do with all the double dipps? I had the Uncanny X-Force in PHC, as I have now the WAtXM books but will upgrade to Omnibus (same goes for the Deadpool Minibus and the Cable Deadpool Omnibus).

Thanks guys for keeping the thread alive and awesome!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Spider-Man by Roger Stern Omnibus was in last month's list at #108 with 1,135 copies sold.
    I'm a little surprised it dropped out of the top 300 so soon.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    It's pretty typical of omnis. They get the one big upfront surge of buyers and then drop out.

Geez titles going OOP at a good clip lately.

Adding Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus by David Michelinie & Todd McFarlane to OOP list.

Tales of Wonder was the last place to have them but now sold out.

Speaking of the Stern Spider-Man Omnibus, what are the odds that it gets the big discount treatment that Omnibuses such as Untold Tales of Spider-Man, classic Avengers vol.1, X-Statix, etc. received?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by poolovision View Post
    Hey Guys, first post in the Thread. I feared that it would slow down after all the quarrels but it seems to as busy as before.

I pulled the trigger in X-Men Inferno Crossovers with the prelude on the way and the crazy prices being paid for the core book it mitght go up as well.

What do you think about it storywise? I remember some of you said that the Spiderman and Daredevil issues were really good and better than the sometimes quirky main storyline?

Another point of interest for me: what do you think will happen to the Classic Line? It has been some time since the X-Force / Cable Classic Vol. 1 . It might all hint towards the last big event Omnibus that is missing in OHC : Onslaught. I think the next issues of Cable and X-Force (following the last collected editions) might include some Tie Ins to the event. With a second Road to Onslaught TPB coming out in Summer I hoped for a release in early 2015 for the Omnibus or further Road to ... Trades. The same goes for X-Man who got recently two Trades but now seems to be off the radar again.

And one last Question, as I am from Germany it might be that the circumstances are others than in the US: what do you do with all the double dipps? I had the Uncanny X-Force in PHC, as I have now the WAtXM books but will upgrade to Omnibus (same goes for the Deadpool Minibus and the Cable Deadpool Omnibus).

Thanks guys for keeping the thread alive and awesome!
    I usually sell them. I live in Holland, if you have the time can you send me a pm with your books you want to sell, I might be interested. Otherwise you can sell them to your LCS or on Ebay or the likes
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by Penultimate Warrior View Post
    Speaking of the Stern Spider-Man Omnibus, what are the odds that it gets the big discount treatment that Omnibuses such as Untold Tales of Spider-Man, classic Avengers vol.1, X-Statix, etc. received?
    I would guess the odds would be bad. It seems they are printing less of these books, which doesn't lend itself to a fire sale.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    From my understanding, these estimates relate to copies shipped from Diamond to the retailers. I suspect a few retailers did put in additional orders with Diamond in April but not enough to make the list as the majority still have surplus copies from the March batch.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by poolovision View Post
    Welcome back!

To that question, I don't think you're wrong about a potential Onslaught omnibus - especially with Remender revisiting the villain in an upcoming arc. That said, I don't think that's necessarily why we don't yet have the next X-Force/Cable classic and X-Man trades, respectively.

A Vol. 2 of Cable/X-Force was solicited and then killed, which I assumed to be because of low order volume (either on the volume itself, or on the prior one). The same thing happened with the second X-Man Counter-X volume, and the last pseudo-classic X-Man TPB was a confirmed low-seller.

We currently have through #48 in X-Force and Onslaught starts with #57 - plenty of room for another Classic if they want to fit one in. X-Man actually already passed Onslaught in his collections that run up to #30, so it's a non-issue for him. I think we've probably seen the last of him in collected form for a while, unless another writer makes good use of him.

That all said, if the "Road to Onslaught" books sell well I could see them releasing an "X-Force: Road to Onslaught" to plug the post-AOA gap until Onslaught, which would probably sell better than the exact same collection labelled as "Classic."
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post
    Geez titles going OOP at a good clip lately.

Adding Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus by David Michelinie & Todd McFarlane to OOP list.

Tales of Wonder was the last place to have them but now sold out.
    Speaking of, what's the consensus on Iron Man by Micheline, Layton, and JRjr? CGN has the regular cover for $109 and amazon isn't much of a discount at $89.99. Still available discounted at TOW, IST & DCBS for the time being though. Is that the next one to go OOP?

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Welcome back!

To that question, I don't think you're wrong about a potential Onslaught omnibus - especially with Remender revisiting the villain in an upcoming arc. That said, I don't think that's necessarily why we don't yet have the next X-Force/Cable classic and X-Man trades, respectively.

A Vol. 2 of Cable/X-Force was solicited and then killed, which I assumed to be because of low order volume (either on the volume itself, or on the prior one). The same thing happened with the second X-Man Counter-X volume, and the last pseudo-classic X-Man TPB was a confirmed low-seller.

We currently have through #48 in X-Force and Onslaught starts with #57 - plenty of room for another Classic if they want to fit one in. X-Man actually already passed Onslaught in his collections that run up to #30, so it's a non-issue for him. I think we've probably seen the last of him in collected form for a while, unless another writer makes good use of him.

That all said, if the "Road to Onslaught" books sell well I could see them releasing an "X-Force: Road to Onslaught" to plug the post-AOA gap until Onslaught, which would probably sell better than the exact same collection labelled as "Classic."
    I'm hoping there is an 'Onslaught' Omni or OHC on the horizon. I never read all the issues, only Uncanny, X-Men and some titles here and there. Which issues do you think it could contain?

Quote Originally Posted by Yaggi_Rck View Post
    I'm hoping there is an 'Onslaught' Omni or OHC on the horizon. I never read all the issues, only Uncanny, X-Men and some titles here and there. Which issues do you think it could contain?
    It would contain the issues from the Onslaught Complete Epic TPBs v1-4.

I actually figured this was coming several years back when we got the plethora of crossover Omnis (AoV, Atlantis Attacks, Evolutionary War, Inferno, etc) but it never materialized for whatever reason.

Earlier today I ordered:
    JSA Vol. 1 Omnibus
    Annihilation Omnibus
    Daredevil MMW Vol. 8
    Got them from IST after price comparing them (along with shipping) with CGN
    That is all.