Page 148 of 243 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 3635

Thread: In Memoriam

R.I.P. actor Peter Scolari.

Peter Scolari, 'Bosom Buddies' and 'Newhart' star, has died
    By Marianne Garvey
    Updated 3:27 PM ET, Fri October 22, 2021

(CNN) — Peter Scolari, a veteran actor who rose to fame alongside Tom Hanks on "Bosom Buddies," died Friday morning.
    Scolari had cancer and had been ill for two years, his manager Ellen Lubin Sanitsky told CNN. He was 66.
    Scolari appeared in numerous films and television series over the years, including "Newhart," "Murphy Brown," and "The Good Fight." He won an Emmy in 2016 for his portrayal of Hannah's father Tad Horvath on "Girls."
    "Bosom Buddies" was on the air for two seasons at ABC. On the show, Scolari and Hanks dressed as women in order to move into an affordable women-only residence. The two actors remained good friends in real life, with Scolari saying in an interview for Oprah Winfrey that Hanks toasted him at his wedding.
    "I cannot get my mind around what I've done in my life to deserve this kind of affection," Scolari said of his toast.
    He also appeared in a TV adaptation of "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids," "Gotham," and played Peter Madoff in HBO's "Madoff."
    On stage, Scolari starred in Broadway productions of "Hairspray," "Sly Fox," "Wicked," "Magic/Bird" and "Lucky Guy," alongside Hanks.
    He is survived by his wife, Tracy Shayne, and children Nicholas, Joseph, Keaton, and Cali.
    You can read the full article here: https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/22/enter...bit/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

You can read the full article here: https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/22/enter...bit/index.html
    Aw, sad news, I liked Peter Scolari. He was funny. He was only 66. Too young.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Aw, sad news, I liked Peter Scolari. He was funny. He was only 66. Too young.
    He was my favorite on Bosom Buddies (actually Donna Dixon was, but for different reasons ) Tom Hanks kind of annoyed me at first, but I grew to like him later on. That the latter became one of the top-ten greatest movie stars of all time (not to mention one of my own personal favorites) still puzzles me some times.

At any rate, Scolari was always good and likable. Not bad of a career, I must say.

RIP
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Medal of Honor recipient Duane E. Dewey has passed away.

Reading about his actions that earned him the award, dude was a badass!
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Oh man, that is sad
    Last edited by Kirby101; 10-23-2021 at 06:20 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I really liked that show Bosom Buddies but lost track of Peter Scolari's career after than, unlike that other guy R.I.P.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Medal of Honor recipient Duane E. Dewey has passed away.

Reading about his actions that earned him the award, dude was a badass!
    One thing about that medal; you're pretty much guaranteed that if you are awarded it you are a grade A badass.

James Michael Tyler, who played Gunther in Friends, has died aged 59

James Michael Tyler, most famous for playing Gunther, the manager of Central Perk in the hit sitcom Friends, has died aged 59.

In an interview with NBC in June 2021, Tyler announced that he had stage 4 prostate cancer, which was diagnosed in 2018.

“The world knew him as Gunther … but Michael’s loved ones knew him as an actor, musician, cancer-awareness advocate, and loving husband,” his family said in a statement.

“Michael loved live music, cheering on his Clemson Tigers, and would often find himself in fun and unplanned adventures. If you met him once you made a friend for life.”

In May, he had appeared on Friends: The Reunion but was unable to attend in person due to his health issues. Appearing instead via Zoom, Tyler said: “It was the most memorable 10 years of my life, honestly.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

R.I.P. JoAnna (also "Joanna") Cameron, actress who played Isis on TV in the 1970s.

The Secrets of Isis Star Joanna Cameron Dies at 70
    Joanna Cameron -- star of the 1970s DC television series The Secrets of Isis -- passes away at the age of 70, co-star Joanna Pang Atkins confirms.
    --------------------
    Joanna Cameron, known for her lead role on the 1970s DC television series The Secrets of Isis, has passed away. She was 70 years old.

Cameron's passing was confirmed on Facebook and Twitter by her Isis co-star Joanna Pang Atkins. "Sad to post that JoAnna Cameron 'The Mighty Isis' has flown to heaven," Atkins wrote. "She suffered a stroke and passed away from complications this past Friday. We shared the wonderful lasting experience of making The Secrets of Isis. May she RIP."
    You can read the rest here: https://www.cbr.com/joanna-cameron-obituary/

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

R.I.P. JoAnna (also "Joanna") Cameron, actress who played Isis on TV in the 1970s.

You can read the rest here: https://www.cbr.com/joanna-cameron-obituary/
    I loved watching Isis when I was a teenager. I thought Ms. Cameron was HAWT! May she soar higher than the sky.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I loved watching Isis when I was a teenager. I thought Ms. Cameron was HAWT! May she soar higher than the sky.
    No thinking about it. She was unquestionably hot. Between her, Lynda Carter (the queen of them all), Lindsay Wagner, and Diedre Hall, the mid-'70s for a developing adolescent was pretty great.

RIP

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    No thinking about it. She was unquestionably hot. Between her, Lynda Carter (the queen of them all), Lindsay Wagner, and Diedre Hall, the mid-'70s for a developing adolescent was pretty great.

RIP
    Absolutely! Couldn’t have said it better myself!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

And don't forget Charlie's Angels which debuted on TV in 1976.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

RIP
    I was only four or five years old when I watched ISIS on TV and even at that young age, I felt...something.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I was only four or five years old when I watched ISIS on TV and even at that young age, I felt...something.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)

I can recall liking Marilyn Munster (Pat Priest) at that same age, so it is possible.