Page 91 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1559
    BANNED

That marriage of Peter-Felicia was some annual nobody read, and nobody outside fans know, and which no editor will treat as canon, so it's a non-issue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    That marriage of Peter-Felicia was some annual nobody read, and nobody outside fans know, and which no editor will treat as canon, so it's a non-issue.
    You could say the same about the most hated story of Spider-Man: "Sins of the Past". And yet, its influence has been present for years in the comics. So I wouldn't consider that annual as something you can easily forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Those who want OMD undone and the Spider-Marriage between Peter and MJ restored don't think the same.
    they dont like anything anyways why pay them any mind?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

You could say the same about the most hated story of Spider-Man: "Sins of the Past". And yet, its influence has been present for years in the comics. So I wouldn't consider that annual as something you can easily forget.
    Sins' Past since publication is one of the most notorious and famous Spider-Man stories of the last 2 decades. Not a week passed since its last issue dropped that it wasn't mentioned in comics forums, reddit, social media, listicles and so on. So famous that Emma Stone referred to it when doing promos of TASM.

So this Black Cat Annual is not remotely on that level as of now.

Theoretically the only way that story gets acknowledged is if Peter-MJ were to get married or are contemplating marriage and Felicia brings this event up as a wrinkle that might or might not upset their plans. Aside from that, there's no reason to treat that story seriously. If you are having Peter/MJ get married, using a Black Cat Annual as a tease and wrinkle might generate some issues of soap opera drama but it wouldn't make the cut as a serious device to annual a theoretical second Peter/MJ wedding.

Furthermore, legally speaking a marriage is only legal if one gets a valid license and registration for the ceremony and later files forms confirming it. The actual ceremony and so on does not count without a licensed and notarized document. So lacking that, the marriage in the Black Cat annual wouldn't count nor would someone wearing a "Spider-Man costume" without signing their true legal name qualify as a legal groom.

Astonishing Member

Sins' Past since publication is one of the most notorious and famous Spider-Man stories of the last 2 decades. Not a week passed since its last issue dropped that it wasn't mentioned in comics forums, reddit, social media, listicles and so on. So famous that Emma Stone referred to it when doing promos of TASM.

So this Black Cat Annual is not remotely on that level as of now.

Theoretically the only way that story gets acknowledged is if Peter-MJ were to get married or are contemplating marriage and Felicia brings this event up as a wrinkle that might or might not upset their plans. Aside from that, there's no reason to treat that story seriously. If you are having Peter/MJ get married, using a Black Cat Annual as a tease and wrinkle might generate some issues of soap opera drama but it wouldn't make the cut as a serious device to annual a theoretical second Peter/MJ wedding.

Furthermore, legally speaking a marriage is only legal if one gets a valid license and registration for the ceremony and later files forms confirming it. The actual ceremony and so on does not count without a licensed and notarized document. So lacking that, the marriage in the Black Cat annual wouldn't count nor would someone wearing a "Spider-Man costume" without signing their true legal name qualify as a legal groom.
    Well, the ceremony wasn't as legit as an official one; but as far as the Maggia's stands, it was valid for them. I mean, usually, people get married in the name of God; but according to what we know about Maggia, Spidey and Cat were married in the name of Satannish. I'm just saying, things like this ALWAYS come back to bite Peter at the worst times; and I'm pretty sure this will be the case too.

BANNED

Well, the ceremony wasn't as legit as an official one;
    So it didn't happen then.

...but as far as the Maggia's stands, it was valid for them.
    In what scenario do the Maggia qualify as villains significant enough to A) Know Spider-Man's identity, B) Care that Peter getting married contradicts the one with Black Cat?

I mean, usually, people get married in the name of God;
    Well Peter/MJ got married in the Wedding Annual in an entirely secular civil ceremony. We saw them get a license and everything.

I'm just saying, things like this ALWAYS come back to bite Peter at the worst times...
    If and when there's a story, and if and when that story is going somewhere otherwise it becomes the common soap-opera chaff that becomes part of the flotsam.

It was a really fun story though .

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    "Hey! You kids! I can hear yer party from the next block! Wit' yer beat or beat-like combos and yer glow-sticks! An' yer skinny ties! I work nights ovah heah! I gotta goldfish wit' an anxiety problem! Turn it down! Wait, wait, wait--wrong rant. What I meant to say was--break it up, okay? Please? 'Cause, I mean... okay, I came in a little late, but... We're not this. The Avengers are not this. Our job is not to bring walking tanks to do our talking for us. Or thunder gods, or big hair, or--or whatever else. It's not to wade in with overwhelming force to protect our authority when we're in the wrong. And right now you are in the wrong, Tony--Sam. And you know it. So... So back off, guys. Or you can come through me. Because I am an Avenger. And that... That is what we are. But, uh... Obviously I'm hoping you don't come through me..."
    That first part of the speech made me think it was Ben Grimm speaking lol.

But you know? I can't stop wondering what was the thing that Felicia whispered to Peter and we didn't hear, and apparently it woke Peter up. You won't think it was something around Spidey and Black Cat getting married back in her annual, right? I'm really scared of MJ's reaction if she knows.
    The marriage was just a dumb plan to infiltrate a mafia or some ****, it's not going to play a factor anywhere lol.

And it's not even a marriage between Peter and Felicia, since they were pretending to be other people, so it's inconsequential.

And hell, even if it was a "proper" marriage, Spidey wouldn't reveal his secret identity for it, and neither Peter or Felicia took it seriously, it's not a proper marriage officially, nor does it affect them emotionally, it would be bad even by soap opera standards to use this to make drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    And hell, even if it was a "proper" marriage, Spidey wouldn't reveal his secret identity for it, and neither Peter or Felicia took it seriously, it's not a proper marriage officially, nor does it affect them emotionally, it would be bad even by soap opera standards to use this to make drama.
    Yeah, but the opinion of those performing the ceremony matters I would think. Sooo....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah, but the opinion of those performing the ceremony matters I would think. Sooo....
    Legally, no. The Maggia would not be considered to be operating with a license and wouldn't be legally ordained to do so.

Legally, no. The Maggia would not be considered to be operating with a license and wouldn't be legally ordained to do so.
    Yes, but... we're talking about the Maggia. It's not like they're going to use the legal system to adjudicate the matter.

BANNED

Yes, but... we're talking about the Maggia. It's not like they're going to use the legal system to adjudicate the matter.
    Ok…is it likely that the Maggie will know Spider-Man’s identity? Is it likely that they can physically hurt or attack Spider-Man?

Again it’s a non issue

I don't see why Spidey or Felicia would have any reason to give a **** about what the maggia thinks of that fake marriage lol.

Again, it's not even supposed to be Spidey and Felicia, they were pretending to be other people, plus they'd have to fight to the death because of some martyr and family nonsense, if the Maggia, for some reason, ever called Spidey and Felicia, said they got married in Maggia's tradition and have to fight to the death, Spidey and Felicia would just laugh it off, maybe Spidey would think it's Johnny pulling a prank on him lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I don't see why Spidey or Felicia would have any reason to give a **** about what the maggia thinks of that fake marriage lol.

Again, it's not even supposed to be Spidey and Felicia, they were pretending to be other people, plus they'd have to fight to the death because of some martyr and family nonsense, if the Maggia, for some reason, ever called Spidey and Felicia, said they got married in Maggia's tradition and have to fight to the death, Spidey and Felicia would just laugh it off, maybe Spidey would think it's Johnny pulling a prank on him lol.
    Well that's part of what makes it an interesting plot hook to me. It's not immediately obvious how/when the Maggia will follow up on it. Thus Spidey and Felicia could just forget about it... then.... oh wait....

Extraordinary Member

Sneak peek of Black Cat/MJ one shot

https://twitter.com/nick_lowe_/statu...470464/photo/1