Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Trailer Out!

Oh god.....I'm crying now. Honestly, I'm fucking crying right now.

Finally, Shang is going to be in a theater. Finally, there's a hero who looks like me that can stand side by side with Captain America, Spider-Man, Black Panther, Iron Man, Thor, the Avengers, and all the other MCU heroes. After all of these years of championing what Shang could be, I see it here in this trailer. (And to the posters who've lent their support for Shang, thank you guys. It means a lot).

This means so many other things too. It means I'm not a virus. I'm not a victim. I'm a hero.

Oh god, I can't tell you how happy I am.

Definitely looking forward to this now!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

It looks really great. I'm very happy for Shang Chi's fans, and I'm looking forward to seeing this in a theatre.
    Last edited by Panic; 04-19-2021 at 08:57 AM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Ugh! I hope theaters are open here in the Philippines as well as the rest of Asia where they are closed by the time this is released.

And, Awkwafina so soon after Raya?

The trailer gives me vibes of Speed (bus scene), Captain Marvel (train scene), and a bit of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Hopefully the racists will stay away from this film, and hopefully they will not "review bomb" this movie before it comes out, like they tried to do to various other films, like black panther, captain marvel, the recent star wars films, etc.
    The trailer has a lot of information inside, almost too much. I think the bus sequence could have been kept hidden until the premiere. I think they could have focused more on dialogue and a few fighting sequences.
    I recognize Razor Fist, Sai and Lionmane, I think.. but they may be other characters entirely.

Hopefully this is a setup for three films, or having Shang lead the Pacific Avengers.
    Ignorant bigots can't help themselves. But I don't think it'll affect this movie's success

Idk if he'll get another solo movie. I'd prefer if he gets some kind of hero team in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post

Finally, Shang is going to be in a theater. Finally, there's a hero who looks like me that can stand side by side with Captain America, Spider-Man, Black Panther, Iron Man, Thor, the Avengers, and all the other MCU heroes. After all of these years of championing what Shang could be, I see it here in this trailer. (And to the posters who've lent their support for Shang, thank you guys. It means a lot).

This means so many other things too. It means I'm not a virus. I'm not a victim. I'm a hero.

I understand the feeling as I felt the same emotion when the Black Panther trailer dropped years ago. Very happy for you and all Shang-Chi fans. I'll even add that this was probably the best MCU movie trailer yet. If the rest of the movie delivers we may have a new breakout star on the horizon.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post

I feel the same. This character deserves greatness!

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    So now the Ten Rings are on the arms and not the fingers. Interesting choice.
    Rumor has it that the rings are big because they are supposed to be worn as rings on dragons fingers (Fin Fang Foom)

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Rumor has it that the rings are big because they are supposed to be worn as rings on dragons fingers (Fin Fang Foom)
    Ha, that sounds very cool!

Ultimate Member

Let's hope we see the dragon in the movie. Idk if he'll be in any of the trailers

I'm an idiot, never mind.
    Last edited by DigiCom; 04-19-2021 at 10:03 AM.

BANNED

So there are some wuxia inspired scenes in the trailer, especially the bamboo woods fight scene,
    but that big battle with tiger or lion feels kind of Wakanda,lol

Does anyone know enough Chinese to translate the Chinese characters inside the rings in this shot?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Does anyone know enough Chinese to translate the Chinese characters inside the rings in this shot?

Those are basically ancient Chinese, the top six look like 強(strength) 威(might) 権(power) 力(force) 壯(strong)徫(great)

Simu Liu looks kind of older for Shang than I expected, but the martial arts action and style looks extremely on point .

Awkwafina looks like she's once again playing a comedic sidekick...almost makes me think of a female Ganke .
    Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    That would be brilliant.

So who all out there are:

A) wanting the ten rings to be batteries for a spaceship of giant dragons?

B) okay with them representing something else?