Page 7 of 1127 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117571075071007 ... LastLast

Curious how growth will work. Ironically Chou has among the fewest amount of techniques (honesty only four-five left.) as vase Chou is anti God modder. The Overlord, Savior and Avatar are the ones with thousands of tricks.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    There's two competing ideas I have in my head. The first is seeing as Magic Girls are an thing going by Universe 2, I'd take my own stab and take on it since Universe 2 annoyed the heck out of me and was a let down personally. A more serious take that 'fit' as the current group judging by some is turning out to be an mis match group of oddballs(in the good way)

The second is a supernatural entity of some kind, we have an Oni, the Demon Realm is an thing and who knows what else. I'd need to ask Cleric if there are more pocket realms and such and a bit more of the lore before I go with the second one.
    I'll admit, I'm kinda curious to see what a serious Magical Girl would like, as I don't remember ever actually seeing one.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

The second is a supernatural entity of some kind, we have an Oni, the Demon Realm is an thing and who knows what else. I'd need to ask Cleric if there are more pocket realms and such and a bit more of the lore before I go with the second one.
    Ishtar is indeed an Oni
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Went through the character sheets, and so far as far as species/races are concerned we have:

Humans - 7
    Acrosian - 1
    Namek - 1
    Oni - 1
    Android - 1
    Majin - 1
    Shinjin - 1
    Incarnate - 1

Surprised we don't have any Saiyans and such an overabundance of Humans.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar is indeed an Oni
    I noticed the history is pretty short, but probably like it was said, its probably better to start off small and build from there. Just curious, why not a more Japanese power set since that's where Oni originated from? Nothing wrong with it of course though.

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    I'll admit, I'm kinda curious to see what a serious Magical Girl would like, as I don't remember ever actually seeing one.
    The more well known one I can think of is the Puella Magi Madoka Magica series, but its more a darker deconstruction of the common tropes. I'm sure there's others, though I don't plan on going on the opposite extreme. Over Edge! stuff is just as bad imo as its opposite extreme, but sometimes it can be done in such a way its charming, in a over the top narm sorta way. Though pretty much like all things, context is everything too.

GM NPCs and Notes: 'Cause Three Pages is Better Than Two Edition

Player Characters

Player NPCs

GMNPCs
    Name Age Gender Species Style Power Level Affiliation
    Chris the Knife 25~35 Male Human Assassination School of the Hidden Heaven 170 (?) Red Raiders
    Colonel Willa Rautt 33 Female Human Shatter Lock School 220-225 Red Raiders
    Fife 500+ Male Namekian Namekian staff fighting and spellcasting 300 (base, 500+ powered up) Self
    Genesis 5+ Female Humanoid Amalgam Warmachine Unknown Millions(?) ???
    Grav the Vitalmancer 100s Male Human Magi Inborn Vitalmancy and Spellcasting 75 (baseline) Coven of the Gray Thorns(?)
    Jagam 35 Male Threshling/Saiyan Threshling Render Fist 50000 (base) Reshlan
    Jinzi Pantaloon 25 Male Human Science! 15 Capsule Corporation
    Kami spoilers:
    Evangeline
    end of spoilers
    200+ Female Hybrid Human/Alien Cybernetic Symbiote Fist of the Gods ? Kami/Guardian of Earth
    Kevi the Stalker (Widowstrife, Witch of the Moon) 1200 Female Human Magi/Vampire Magical Spells 300 (base) Self/Fife(?)
    Major Damask 300 N/A Golem Fist'o cuffs 180 Red Raiders
    Master Sergeant Kenshiko 28 Female Human 8 limbs of the Tiger King Style (Hakkyoku Ko-ou ken) 100 (150) Red Raiders
    Simon Battersea 52 Male Human Lion Style Pugilism 300+ Self
    Sir Luop Nosredna 22 Male Threshling/Saiyan Reshlan Imperial Style, the Lance of Sorrows School 3,000,000 Reshlan

Various Locations

Various Other Things
    Last edited by Noldere; 04-28-2018 at 03:36 AM.

I noticed the history is pretty short, but probably like it was said, its probably better to start off small and build from there. Just curious, why not a more Japanese power set since that's where Oni originated from? Nothing wrong with it of course though.
    Because it would have been boring to follow the mold.

Also, there's a reason. Just need to wait and see :3
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post

Surprised we don't have any Saiyans and such an overabundance of Humans.
    Guess they won't make it past when they add a letter to the show title.

(although most of the humans had been pretty thoroughly supplanted by Goku long before that.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Can't really explain the human thing (even though I'm a human supremacist in D&D; go figure), but with how it feels like Saiyans get so much of the story focus in Dragon Ball (starting from Z) proper, I'm not surprised people haven't chosen to be one.
    Can't speak for anyone else, but I always wanted the Humans not to be that extremely far behind, so maybe that could be part of it. It IS another universe, so the Humans here can have more potential then the ones from Universe 7, though its something that would have to be asked to Cleric about if true or not.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Name: Sarada

Race/Species: Saiyan

Height/Weight: 5'4/145 lbs

Appearance:

Power Level: 50

Style: Crimson Fist Style

Techniques:
    • Scarlet Fever – channels her ki throughout her body, specifically at the points of attack (fists, feet, tail), adding additional damage to her strikes and the ability to move in quick bursts for evasion, quick travel, etc
    • Crimson Fist – Focuses all of her ki into her fist for a single attack of devastating power. Alternatively, Crimson Fist can also be channeled into her sword for a similar effect.
    • Blood Moon – A technique taught to all Saiyans as soon as they are able to properly channel their ki. Allows Sarada to create a false moon to trigger her Great Ape transformation

Items:
    • Scouter
    • Jetpack
    • Spaceship
    • Sword

Special:
    • Insatiable appetite
    • Battle lust
    • Transformation
    • Zenkai – grows in power every time she heals from near fatal wounds

History:

Planet Vacado

The Saiyans of Universe 15 hail, for the most part, from Planet Vacado. Discovered by the legendary Super Saiyan Vacado two thousand years ago, it has become a place feared by those that have learned of its history. Vacado, the man, had an insatiable lust for battle and combat, and that carried over into the culture of the planet he founded. For hundreds of years, Vacado played host to gladiatorial games in which the planet's champion would battle challengers from across the planet and the galaxy. These battles were to the death, as only that would satisfy the bloodthirsty Saiyans.

The Saiyans have centered their entire culture around combat. Other than the gladiatorial battles, they also begin combat training as early as five years old, first teaching young Saiyans how to create a false moon to trigger their Oozaru transformation.

Other:
    Decided to go with a Saiyan because no one would and we need someone to hog the spotlight and demand that every boss reveal his final form.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Decided to go with a Saiyan because no one would and we need someone to hog the spotlight and demand that every boss reveal his final form.
    Going to make it real award with the Oni that can transform >_>

Arx Inosaan

But, but...

You- an ice bro- were an ice bro.

It was like a xzibit meme being wished back to life with the Dragon Balls.

Also, a mere saiyan can't unseal Shin Kai.
    Last edited by Noldere; 12-21-2017 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Name: Jera

Race/Species: Unknown

Height: 5'2

Appearance: (Rough Sketch):

Power Level: 50

Style: Sacrifice Illusion

Techniques: Still getting hammered out.

Items: Otherwordly Clothes: Jera's clothes are made from a material not native to Earth and that is exceptionally resilient to most forms of assaults. However as they are no thicker than normal clothes, they offer very little in the way of actual protection.

Special: Unknown

History: A young(?) girl who doesn't quite match any species originating on Earth, she first appeared not long ago and seems remarkably ignorant of the local cultures and locations.
    Very barebone, will edit in details as I go. I'm not done with the drawing either.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Going to make it real award with the Oni that can transform >_>
    Please. This is Dragon Ball.

Unless you're human you probably have at least one transformation.

Also I haven't gone through our group yet, but I'd better find that everyone upheld their respective species' naming scheme. Name puns are the essence of Dragon Ball.
    Last edited by Siriel; 12-21-2017 at 12:16 AM.

Nice sketch, Siriel!

[*]Blood Moon – A technique taught to all Saiyans as soon as they are able to properly channel their ki. Allows Sarada to create a false moon to trigger her Great Ape transformation
    There's a menstrual cycle joke if I've ever seen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    Nice sketch, Siriel!
    Thanks. Still need to add a few things though.

Like making her not look flat as a piece of paper.