Page 752 of 808 FirstFirst ... 252652702742748749750751752753754755756762802 ... LastLast
Results 11,266 to 11,280 of 12112

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    But Logan was still able to shine without Kitty or Jubilee getting in the way whereas Gabby has become something of a hindrance to Laura.
    While it's perfectly valid not to be a fan of Gabby, I don't think your overall point is fair when the volume that Gabby was introduced in finishes today. Even if you're not a fan of her under Taylor, it's too early to declare Gabby a hindrance because we've yet to see what's to come. Tamaki might use her very differently, and other writers might ignore her. Gabby is very popular though, so I wouldn't expect her to go away for a long while, but she's still a new character and could have very different aspects to her yet to be seen.

As RoamingGnome8 and myself have stated, Gabby is akin to Kitty and Jubilee, and I personally really like Gabby as a foil for Laura. Laura's history certainly shows that she can shine without Gabby too, and there's nothing to stop writers from having Gabby miss an arc here and there for whatever reason. She's not a permanent ball-and-chain, she has flexibility.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    While it's perfectly valid not to be a fan of Gabby, I don't think your overall point is fair when the volume that Gabby was introduced in finishes today. Even if you're not a fan of her under Taylor, it's too early to declare Gabby a hindrance because we've yet to see what's to come. Tamaki might use her very differently, and other writers might ignore her. Gabby is very popular though, so I wouldn't expect her to go away for a long while, but she's still a new character and could have very different aspects to her yet to be seen.

As RoamingGnome8 and myself have stated, Gabby is akin to Kitty and Jubilee, and I personally really like Gabby as a foil for Laura. Laura's history certainly shows that she can shine without Gabby too, and there's nothing to stop writers from having Gabby miss an arc here and there for whatever reason. She's not a permanent ball-and-chain, she has flexibility.
    We've had more than a year since Gabby's introduction and her even voice seems a lot stronger than Laura's in every way and to top it all off her general characterisation is simply little girl Deadpool with nothing else to show for it. We already had other writers use Gabby the one who wrote the Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider book and the man failed at it. No but if anyone wants to keep Gabby around and use her as often as possible then I have all the reason to dread her existence in general.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

But Logan was still able to shine without Kitty or Jubilee getting in the way whereas Gabby has become something of a hindrance to Laura.
    In defense of Laura's "shine", the comparison is a bit unfair in that despite Logan mentoring his plethora of "it" girls at any given time, Logan was still afforded NUMEROUS additional titles to thrive in.
    On his own.
    Because "on his own" is really Logan's whole thing.

So yes, a parallel between the two (Logan & his pre-teen brigade, and Laura & Gabs) can be drawn, but its a much looser parallel.
    The dynamic of these relationships is entirely different as well.
    Whereas Logan was really more of a gruff, tough love, berserker with a soft spot(?) for tenacious youths eager to learn how to ninja someone -- Laura and Gabby are much more of a family, imho.

BANNED

We've had more than a year since Gabby's introduction and her even voice seems a lot stronger than Laura's in every way and to top it all off her general characterisation is simply little girl Deadpool with nothing else to show for it. We already had other writers use Gabby the one who wrote the Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider book and the man failed at it. No but if anyone wants to keep Gabby around and use her as often as possible then I have all the reason to dread her existence in general.
    Let's be fair, here, the Ghost Rider guest spot was just plain awful period.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RoamingGnome8 View Post
    What's wrong with Dafne Keen??
    She did a stellar job in Logan.
    Because she's not a HOT 20-SOMETHING ACTRESS and apparently the only way X-23 can move forward in the films is by recasting her. :-P

Which is ironic because averting that is PRECISELY WHY THEY WENT YOUNGER in the first place. EVERY movie casts the hot 20-something, but Mangold didn't want to be every movie.

Spectacular Member RoamingGnome8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Because she's not a HOT 20-SOMETHING ACTRESS and apparently the only way X-23 can move forward in the films is by recasting her. :-P

Which is ironic because averting that is PRECISELY WHY THEY WENT YOUNGER in the first place. EVERY movie casts the hot 20-something, but Mangold didn't want to be every movie.
    Yeah, that's true. People want her aged up so they can sexualize her, even though in the original comics she was about Dafne Keen's age.

Craig Kyle did a really interesting interview for Hollywood Reporter awhile back, about how in many ways 'Logan' fit with his original idea for Laura.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...creator-984284
    Last edited by RoamingGnome8; 05-16-2018 at 07:19 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RoamingGnome8 View Post
    Yeah, that's true. People want her aged up so they can sexualize her, even though in the original comics she was about Dafne Keen's age.

Craig Kyle did a really interesting interview for Hollywood Reporter awhile back, about how in many ways 'Logan' fit with his original idea for Laura.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...creator-984284
    The one problem I see about Kyle's intent is...that's not really how the aging process works. Even with her healing factor, she should still grow and develop at the normal rate. It's only once an individual reaches maturity that GROWTH stops and AGING begins.

Keene will he 20 by the time we get a follow up movie

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Keene will he 20 by the time we get a follow up movie
    It's going to happen sooner than later. She's going to be 13 by the end of this year, so I imagine she'll be about 15 by the time it can happen.

Sharing this beautiful splash page featuring X-23 with pencils by Mike Choi from X-Force (2008) issue #17, page 2. The story is "Not Forgotten - part 1".

MDS00525_half.jpg

X-Force_issue17_page02.jpg

Astonishing Member

Claws of a killer came out, as Tamaki first time handline members of the wolverine family it was good. More good new for Laura's next series.

I liked Laura's casual wear and hair when she went to Atlantis

Thought the ending of OWL was just ok. Nice that it ended on a hopeful note but I didn’t care that much for his storyline period.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Thought the ending of OWL was just ok. Nice that it ended on a hopeful note but I didn’t care that much for his storyline period.
    The idea behind OWL is great. There was a lot of wonderful ideas introduced in that first issue..but then it got bloated with cameos and and a rather anticlimactic ending. Imagine instead that once Doom was dead OWL used Doom's time travel device to go back in time to warn Laura about the clone degeneration so they could find a cure early AND warn her about World War Doom.

Wasted opportunities IMO that Marvel took away from Tom
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    The idea behind OWL is great. There was a lot of wonderful ideas introduced in that first issue..but then it got bloated with cameos and and a rather anticlimactic ending. Imagine instead that once Doom was dead OWL used Doom's time travel device to go back in time to warn Laura about the clone degeneration so they could find a cure early AND warn her about World War Doom.

Wasted opportunities IMO that Marvel took away from Tom

Yeah that was my issue with it. Way too quick and anticlimactic ending. This storyline probably needed at least 1-2 more issues to be truly great.