Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Default Not welcome: Precog Mutants (POX 6 spoilers)

So Moira MacTaggert does not want any Precog mutants on Krakoa, meaning they will not bring Destiny back to life.

But what does that mean for Negasonic Teenage Warhead? Will she have to stay away? And what about Blindfold? Does that mean she will also not be brought back to life?

I think Gateway had also Precog powers, so also he might suffer from Moira's demands. Who else is a victim here?

Let's discuss.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    So Moira MacTaggert does not want any Precog mutants on Krakoa, meaning they will not bring Destiny back to life.

But what does that mean for Negasonic Teenage Warhead? Will she have to stay away? And what about Blindfold? Does that mean she will also not be brought back to life?

I think Gateway had also Precog powers, so also he might suffer from Moira's demands. Who else is a victim here?

Let's discuss.
    NTW isnt a precog anymore, she was given Deadpool movie powers, it happened in a Bunn book, not very good

With Blindfold, there's also the moral issue of bringing back someone who killed herself. A precog, nonetheless.
    I doubt it was planned that way, but in-universe, she probably knew something about Dawn of X and wanted no part in it.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    With Blindfold, there's also the moral issue of bringing back someone who killed herself. A precog, nonetheless.
    I doubt it was planned that way, but in-universe, she probably knew something about Dawn of X and wanted no part in it.
    How do you know she didn't kill herself in the knowledge she'd just be brought back ?
    After all, she knew she was going to die - painfully - and probably wanted to avoid THAT.

Niffleheim

I wouldn't mind precogs working for human governments after some realise that they're being denied entry to Krakoa.
    Last edited by Tofali; 10-18-2019 at 03:51 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Frankly that just make's Ruth's death come across as even MORE tasteless, if that's even possible.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Frankly that just make's Ruth's death come across as even MORE tasteless, if that's even possible.
    I'm not sure it makes it tasteless. I think it makes it very sad that Ruth probably foresaw that there would be a world that was a utopia for most mutants, but because of who she is, she would not be able to take part in it.

I think there's a very definitive feeling that even though mutants are apparently free and everything is fine, some people are still going to be discriminated against. You don't have the right power, you aren't enough of a mutant, your got your powers the wrong way, etc.

Precogs ruin Krakoan board game night, cos they already know who's going to win.

Cassandra Webb

Can't wait for their no-precogs stance to blow up in their face.

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

Not resurrecting Qwerty is an outrage that I will not stand for.
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Who else is a victim here?
    Preview. Depowered on M-Day, and inexplicably not on the bus that got blown up even though her sister Network was. Even if she got her powers back, she'd not be welcome on Krakoa.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Jessica_Vale_(Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I'm not sure it makes it tasteless. I think it makes it very sad that Ruth probably foresaw that there would be a world that was a utopia for most mutants, but because of who she is, she would not be able to take part in it.

I think there's a very definitive feeling that even though mutants are apparently free and everything is fine, some people are still going to be discriminated against. You don't have the right power, you aren't enough of a mutant, your got your powers the wrong way, etc.
    Yeah, Ruth killed herself because she saw no good future for herself.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-17-2019 at 06:47 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It's a good thing that Betsy lost her precognitive flashes

What about non mutant precogs like that inhuman dude or Madam Web

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    What about non mutant precogs like that inhuman dude or Madam Web
    Well, duh, they certainly aren't allowed.