Page 55 of 72 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    I was expecting this to be good but Chip delivered big time on it. No a single wasted panel. It felt as if every line and moment actually mattered.

I’ve heard some people say why Sue attacked first. I’m surprised she didn’t attack sooner. You literally show up at her doorstep with plans on taking her son with Magneto by your side? It might have been a smarter move for Xavier to simply come alone or with a few more passive X-men. Granted I know this newish X-men is more “fight first questions later”, however this might not have been the best scenario for that mindset.

Also if I’m the F4 how the heck could I be comfortable with Franklin being in Krakoa being as how it seems like it’s so easy for enemies to break in and they are also housing a few enemies in there as well.

All in all, so hyped for the rest of this series.
    I feel like Xavier deliberately chose this approach because he knew it would escalate the situation, thereby pushing Franklin away from his parents. That's also why he picked Kitty to come along so she could be the reasonable one. Everything about his approach seems calculated.

I loved this so much! As for whose fault the fight is, IMO everyone was acting dumb in a typical case of comics needing to force two groups of good guys to fight for no good reason. I can overlook it because I had so much fun reading it. Feels good to care about the X-books again, and I haven't enjoyed any recent F4 books either, so this is a double treat.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    No, no, no. To fix the system, make that system obsolete. No one would care about money if they had all the food, shelter, water, health, and security they and their community needed(which is precisely what the mutants have on Krakoa). Everything else: the art, the expression, the creative intellect, could then be given freely. The Krakoan strategy of trying to out-capitalize the capitalists is actually just bringing out the worst in both the mutants and the humans. This is the narrative choice of course. The narrative choice made by the capitalistic entity creating and distributing the story....
    With certain amount of people controlling the wealth they would never allow that to happen that is why you have to control the system. You need really control to make change or flawed system for some reason magically self correct. Mutants methodology is fine the only issue is that doesn't sound like their plan is to do much better than the humans if they are in charge and people can criticize that part.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    I feel like Xavier deliberately chose this approach because he knew it would escalate the situation, thereby pushing Franklin away from his parents. That's also why he picked Kitty to come along so she could be the reasonable one. Everything about his approach seems calculated.
    Good point....Actually makes sense. I wasn’t thinking about it that way. That way of thinking from Xavier does go hand in hand with his manipulative personality.

No, no, no. To fix the system, make that system obsolete. No one would care about money if they had all the food, shelter, water, health, and security they and their community needed(which is precisely what the mutants have on Krakoa). Everything else: the art, the expression, the creative intellect, could then be given freely. The Krakoan strategy of trying to out-capitalize the capitalists is actually just bringing out the worst in both the mutants and the humans. This is the narrative choice of course. The narrative choice made by the capitalistic entity creating and distributing the story....
    Capitalism isn't a thing on Krakoa. Money doesn't mean anything to mutants right now. Xavier, Magneto, Emma, and Shaw are the ones exploiting human greed but mutants in general are not out-capitalizing humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    With certain amount of people controlling the wealth they would never allow that to happen that is why you have to control the system. You need really control to make change or flawed system for some reason magically self correct. Mutants methodology is fine the only issue is that doesn't sound like their plan is to do much better than the humans if they are in charge and people can criticize that part.
    The mutants' methodology sure as hell isn't "fine". If a supervillain plotted to buy off the media, schools, companies, and governments of the world to control them to be pro-[insert villain] that'd be a full blown arc in a hero team's book. No amount of suffering or abuse entitles you to literally become to planetary Big Brother controlling what can be said, broadcast, who can be voted in, what the latest fashion is, who is responsible for starting a war. Do you not see how sinister this tactic actually is? Did you forget that half the council is villainous trash? Or that of the big three (Moira, X, Magneto) one was radicalized and actually went to war with humanity in multiple lifetimes, and the other has declare war and gone to war with humanity?

Those are the trustworthy stewards you want controlling the media little 10 year old human Timmy is exposed to? And this is on top of the Krakoan drugs being used as leverage on countries. Do you seriously think Krakoa won't make increasingly onerous demands to gain more leverage in exchange for access to the drugs?

That entire scene where Magneto lays out the facts of what the mutants want to do was not coded in a positive light.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    The mutants' methodology sure as hell isn't "fine". If a supervillain plotted to buy off the media, schools, companies, and governments of the world to control them to be pro-[insert villain] that'd be a full blown arc in a hero team's book. No amount of suffering or abuse entitles you to literally become to planetary Big Brother controlling what can be said, broadcast, who can be voted in, what the latest fashion is, who is responsible for starting a war. Do you not see how sinister this tactic actually is? Did you forget that half the council is villainous trash? Or that of the big three (Moira, X, Magneto) one was radicalized and actually went to war with humanity in multiple lifetimes, and the other has declare war and gone to war with humanity?

Those are the trustworthy stewards you want controlling the media little 10 year old human Timmy is exposed to? And this is on top of the Krakoan drugs being used as leverage on countries. Do you seriously think Krakoa won't make increasingly onerous demands to gain more leverage in exchange for access to the drugs?

That entire scene where Magneto lays out the facts of what the mutants want to do was not coded in a positive light.
    Ultimately it comes down to what Moira has seen. She's orchestrating a great deal of mutant actions and for her, whatever it takes for mutants to survive. That of course can be controversial but hey, they're in the business of selling books and it seems to be working. Go capitalism!

Now that I think about it, maybe Franklin is critical to an event on the horizon that Moira has seen. Perhaps she saw that he loses his powers and she needs to ensure he has them in working order for the sake of the world in general. While Reed is obviously excellent in what he does, perhaps the likes of Hope and Proteus are necessary to tune Franklin up.

By the way, someone earlier made mention of Magneto and •-[A]-• as the strongest the mutants have. Proteus and Jamie Braddock are the ones to really worry about.
    Last edited by JB; 02-07-2020 at 06:40 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Capitalism isn't a thing on Krakoa. Money doesn't mean anything to mutants right now. Xavier, Magneto, Emma, and Shaw are the ones exploiting human greed but mutants in general are not out-capitalizing humans.
    The entire premise of this Krakoa nation is predicated on the flower drugs they are selling to the world, that Xavier telepathically spoke to everyone on earth about. Magneto further elaborated at the dinner party: they want to eat the system from within, buying out all the politicians and media and all that with the drug money to reshape society to their whims. That's literally the whole plan: out-capitalize the humans into submission.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

The entire premise of this Krakoa nation is predicated on the flower drugs they are selling to the world, that Xavier telepathically spoke to everyone on earth about. Magneto further elaborated at the dinner party: they want to eat the system from within, buying out all the politicians and media and all that with the drug money to reshape society to their whims. That's literally the whole plan: out-capitalize the humans into submission.
    Krakoa is exploiting human greed to ensure its long-term survival since this is the only game humans know how to play. Domestically, Krakoa is moneyless and propertyless.

The drugs are leverage to avoid the literal war humans would start if they got nothing out mutants being free.

Except Israel never made Mengele a member of their government.
    Mutants also never colonized a place and established a country with sentient beings already on there.

The mutants' methodology sure as hell isn't "fine". If a supervillain plotted to buy off the media, schools, companies, and governments of the world to control them to be pro-[insert villain] that'd be a full blown arc in a hero team's book..
    Who and Why thing is done matters. If A superhero plotted to buy off the media, schools, companies, and governments of the world to control them for the right reason they are being heroic. The method used by mutants are using are fine imo they are playing by the rules of the system. Humans on their own will never act in the best interest of mutants, The only way mutants will ever get a fair shot if they are in control of things. Once again the problem with situation is that Magneto and some others would have believe that when mutants are in control they will alienate humans like how they did the mutants.

It is okay if you don't agree, I understand/think they are times when you do the wrong thing for the right reason. People are free to feel different we have different philosophy on things.

Anyways I am done on this it is off topic. Back on topic people aren't talking enough about how shady Reed move to franklin was in the book. Also I don't think Reed has reach out to Krakoa for help and they are the subject experts that is pretty messed up. Also it is messed up they are fine with Franklin lose powers and he clearly wants to keep them and that is were X-men have another angle in this story.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-07-2020 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Magneto series written by Bunn. He killed a young mutant girl unable to control her powers because she was too dangerous for his dream of recreating Genosha. That girl unleashed a Nazi monster from the imagination of Magneto, one of them had to die to stop that monster and it wasnt the old man that outlive his time, it was the little girl. That is magneto.
    kind of an oversimplification. several people were murdered by that imaginary nazi monster. what do you think would have happened had he killed himself?

BANNED

Except Israel never made Mengele a member of their government.
    They’re currently in a fascist axis with Trump and Bolsonaro.

The mutants' methodology sure as hell isn't "fine". If a supervillain plotted to buy off the media, schools, companies, and governments of the world to control them to be pro-[insert villain] that'd be a full blown arc in a hero team's book. No amount of suffering or abuse entitles you to literally become to planetary Big Brother controlling what can be said, broadcast, who can be voted in, what the latest fashion is, who is responsible for starting a war. Do you not see how sinister this tactic actually is?
    it's the american way. we basically chose Venezuela's president.

This was a great start, really enjoyed this issue. Hope it continues to be this exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Sue's reaction is understandable. You don't go to someones house and claim their kid, especially if you're the duo behind the Onslaught mess. I wouldn't have let them pass the threshold.
    Yeah, she was in the right, no doubt.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.