Page 95 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1797
    Incredible Member

Am I the only one who absolutely hates the crowbars?(Truly asking, I have not been following the thread). I am partial to a Jason who kills and has guns but I am not mad they are going in a different direction. But dang, those two crowbars just seem kinda lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Am I the only one who absolutely hates the crowbars?(Truly asking, I have not been following the thread). I am partial to a Jason who kills and has guns but I am not mad they are going in a different direction. But dang, those two crowbars just seem kinda lame.
    You're not the only one. The crowbar is indeed pretty lame, and at this point nonsensical. There's plenty more appropriate weapons that Jason can fall back on instead of his guns, but nope, against all logic, DC has kept the crowbar.
    What's worse is that Taylor is apparently going to use the latest Nightwing annual story to justify why Jason uses it. Nothing worse than writers doubling down on bad comic directions and 'justifying' these lame choices, in story, especially through the characters themselves.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

The crowbars have definitely overstayed their welcome. Character-wise is pretty messed up for Jason to use them unless he's in his lowest moment and meta-wise it just highlights the Nightwing parallels since those are effectively just edgier escrima sticks.

The All-Blades are still good to go, but are kind of limited in what they can be used for. They had Jason give up the guns. And a non-magical sword goes right back to that whole being lethal thing.

Not a fan of the crowbar myself either. Made modified tazer guns or something? Non-lethal, but Jason still keeps the gun aesthetic.

Extraordinary Member

He could technically just fight unarmed, like a lot of other Batfamily members.

Brining back the dagger from UTRH would also be cool, but I guess that also doesn't really work with non lethal.

If the want to keep the gun aesthetic they could give him something like a telescope Tonfa, that has at least roughly the same shape could be carried in a similar way.

Something Sai or a Jitte could also work if they wanted to go for something that looks more like a dagger.

What about a kusarigama?

future.jpg

I don't think they'll do it (the end of Cheer would have been a good time to do so), but I wouldn't hate them bringing it to the main continuity.

And the crowbars are indeed fucking silly. Fun for a specific time (a full-on edge arc with few resources), but as a conscious weapon choice? Dude, you have high-end armour and tech, if you're doing it for the symbolism, that was cool for a few issues, not anymore!
    Last edited by CorDaytona; 09-02-2021 at 03:58 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Jason Todd doing fear toxin is on thing but him pushing it in the neighborhood is whole other matter and worse
    Titans is doing him no favors

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Jason Todd doing fear toxin is on thing but him pushing it in the neighborhood is whole other matter and worse
    DC not doing right by Jason?
    Yeah, that sounds about par for the course.

Oh side note, if there's anyone really curious about Artemis lately, she has been showing up in the last 2 issues of the new Wonder Girl series. She is only part of a small side story in the book for just a couple pages each, but still, I thought it should be mentioned for anyone who is interested.

I stand for what I said a few pages back about the series.
    Yeah, not liking what I'm reading at all so far.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Oh side note, if there's anyone really curious about Artemis lately, she has been showing up in the last 2 issues of the new Wonder Girl series. She is only part of a small side story in the book for just a couple pages each, but still, I thought it should be mentioned for anyone who is interested.
    Is Donna the main character in the book? If she is, I guess they should mention Jason at some point, in the writer know their continuity. Mostly, because both have been teammates to him. But, well... I don't have high hopes for it, to be honest. Anyways, that they are using Artemis more is cool. I like her a lot.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 09-02-2021 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Is Donna the main character in the book? If she is, I guess they should mention Jason at some point, in the writer know their continuity. Mostly, because both have been teammates to him. But, well... I don't have high hopes for it, to be honest. Anyways, that they are using Artemis more is cool. I like her a lot.
    I'm doubtful that the interactions in countdown will ever be referenced properly or acknowledged despite the eyerolling 'everything is now canon' gimmick.
    But no, not Donna, I was referring to the new Wonder Girls book, Yara Flor.

I'm doubtful that the interactions in countdown will ever be referenced properly or acknowledged despite the eyerolling 'everything is now canon' gimmick.
    But no, not Donna, I was referring to the new Wonder Girls book, Yara Flor.
    Oh, they gave Yara Flor a book. Alright, good. That makes sense I guess. She had some really nice reception as far as I know.

Extraordinary Member

artemis has an appreciation thread in WonderWoman

artemis has an appreciation thread in WonderWoman
    I know, my comment was just a side note for the people that perhaps don't frequent that thread, but non the less remain interested in the character because of her inclusion in rhato rebirth.

I know, my comment was just a side note for the people that perhaps don't frequent that thread, but non the less remain interested in the character because of her inclusion in rhato rebirth.
    Oddly/thankfully enough, Artemis being on a team (and even in a short relationship with Jason) wasn't met with the annoyance/anger that usually accompanies a WonderBat pairing.

Not complaining, it is notable. And all things considered, she really was not a bad fit.